Start by marking “The Circle trilogy (Circle Trilogy, #1-3)” as Want to Read:
The Circle trilogy (Circle Trilogy, #1-3)

The Circle trilogy (Circle Trilogy #1-3)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  4,217 Ratings  ·  91 Reviews
A battle is brewing between the forces of good and evil, as Lilith, the most powerful vampire in the world, gathers her dark minions around her. The goddess Morrigan rises up to stop her--and with her, a circle of six.
Mass Market Paperback
Published December 1st 2006 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about The Circle trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Circle trilogy

Douglas Meeks
Aug 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone with a soul
While not a huge fan of Nora Roberts I have to be impressed by the sheer volume of work she puts out, but most of it does not interest me. This trilogy is what I would call a HUGE exception, it was entertaining, the story-line that some have thought predictable was captivating and I find it an epic example of what I hope to find when I read any book in this genre. This is the gold standard I use to measure other works against. The thing here is why? The main thing for me in any book is to be ent ...more
Karen
Dec 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favourite Nora Roberts trilogy, it has everything for lovers of Paranormal romance - Sorcerer, witch, scholar, warrior, shapeshifter and vampire, with a sprinkling of time travel. I couldn't put it down and couldn't wait to finish it to see what happened to all the characters. By the same token - I was really sorry when I did finish it. One for the re-read pile I think!
Marjorie Pfister
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my all time favorite series. Nora Roberts at her finest. And the audio reading is in one word. Perfect.
A wizard, and vampire who are twin brothers from the 11th century are charged with a witch from 20th century New York City, and three others in a quest to save worlds(plural) from an ancient vampire queen who wants to turn human kind into one gigantic food source.
The quest outlined by the Morrigan, an ancient goddess is vague, and seemingly impossible, but the circle needed to
Scope
Jan 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I have loved all of the books that I've read written by Nora Roberts, but this by far is my favourite series! I love Cian! I don't read too many books over again, but this is a series that I've kept close at hand!
Lady's View
Oct 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent series...you would want to try to audio version, the narrator has a powerful voice. Also get all three books, you won't want to miss what happens to:

1. Sorcerer
2. Witch
3. Vampire
4. Scholar
5. Shape Shifter
6. Warrior

I was sorry when it ended.
Taylor
Jan 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
read it twice. couldn't help it. romance novels are my vice. add vampires, shape shifters, and witches and my geek side comes out. geek side + romance novel = reread!
Jennifer Clark
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm not really a very big fan of fantasy literature, but if there are vampires, witch and dragons in the scene, i would surely love it.. that's why i was so amazed and i can say that this Circle trilogy is really worth reading!

Morrigan's Cross (Book 1), Dance of the Gods (Book 2) & Valley of Silence (Book 3) is a great trilogy book, way better than the Twilight saga, i might say! It's a fantastic mix of time travel, vampire chronicles, and romance.

All of the following characters had some kin
Lerato
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Cian was the very first vampire I fell in love with and I still love him even now. The series was so good I read right through the night and finished it and started all over again.

The first book is about Hoyt and Jenna and basically sets up the rest of the story. The second is about Blair and Larkin and the last book is about Cian and Moira. The 6 are enlisted by the goddess Morrigan to fight the vampire queen Lilith and army of vampires. In the midst of all this they find love.

By far one of t
Jan King
Feb 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I believe this series is Nora Roberts' writing at her very best. I love the whole fairytale aspect of it. I actually wanted to give the series a five star rating, but I am giving it 4.5, only because of what I felt were the silly conversations between Lilith, the Vampire Queen, and her subjects. To wit:
"Bring me someone to eat."
OR:
After practically draining a human being between them, Laura uses her napkin, delicately dabbing at her lips, and says, "I needed a civilized meal." Absolutely silly.
T
R.T. Wolfe
Aug 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I highly suggest getting ahold of an audio book of this trilogy. The narrator is wonderful. He has this authentic Irish accent. Wow. The characters are as diverse as the plot. Twists and turns. Gothic, time travel, vampires, queens, sorcerers--Nora included them all. I still cry in book three and know the ending. I've read them and listened to them. Hmm...I think I'll go read again!
Dianne
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this series. I've read and re-read it so often. Wish it would be made into a movie, the characters and storyline are very exciting.
Lisa
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved this trilogy! I really don't read Nora Roberts, but if she writes more of this genre, I'd definitely read more.
Meagan
Sep 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
By far my favorite Nora Trilogys!!
Kaita
Feb 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
One word INCREDIBLE!
Daltonzagng
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
These characters were terrific!! I loved the story, chemistry, fantasy, love. Just great.
Margaret
Jul 16, 2017 rated it liked it
I am not a big Nora Roberts reader, but I was intrigued by this trilogy. It combined two of my favorite subjects - vampires and time travel (thank you Bram Stoker and Dr Who!). Just enough romance without being too cloying sweet, and enough gore without being over the top. And what's not to like about traveling back in time to save all of humankind?!
Mary Jo
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entertainment

When you're totally fed up with the trash on television and the attitudes of people unable and unwilling to help even the poor and destitute, these books are a relief. Entertaining, and hopeful. Hopelessness is the enemy in any world.
Meg Owens
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved all three. Could hardly put them down. One page led to another then another.
Vanessa Bouchard
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked it from beginning to end, simply amazing!
The Bookish Chick
Morrigan’s Cross: As a storm rages, the tale begins...of a powerful vampire’s lust for destruction - and of the circle of six charged by the goddess Morrigan to stop her. One of the chosen is a medieval sorcerer whose quest will take him through time - and into the arms of a woman courageous enough to link her destiny to his own... Dance of the Gods: As the circle of six prepare for their final clash with the dark army of the vampire Lilith, the battleground shifts. In Ireland, a stone circle se ...more
Maura
Carrie Olguin
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
When I sought out a new subgenre for romance (from historical to whatever), I went to my digital library and looked for books with a long waiting list. I figured if that many people were willing to wait that long to read that book, it had to be worth reading.

This three-book collection wasn't the most popular book on the waiting list. (till number 280 of 360 for that one). I didn't bother to read the BOB blurb figuring it would be a surprise. And heck, three ebooks in one and I didn't have to wai
Jessica
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
this is definitely nora roberts and paranormal romance at its best. i read alot of romances and most are adorably cheesy and predictable. while i love that sometimes nora roberts is a treat because of her unbelievable talent. i forgot how easy it is to get lost in her writing but this is definitely one of my favorites by her. frst of all the storyline is essentially a modern day epic albeit with a softer perspective than the older ones. roberts manages to bring the story and characters to life. ...more
Caitlyn "Books Are My Life" Baker
My dad made me read this set last summer. And boy, am I glad I did!

Morrigan's Cross took a while to really get going and become interesting, but by the end I was clamouring for more. Honestly, take a rainy afternoon and just get through the first few chapters. Once they all arrive in Ireland, it gets really interesting.

Once I got to book two and three, I was completely into it. I was like: "NEXT BOOK PLEASE!!!" The constant wonder of where they would all end up in the middle of the third book
Lorie
Mar 27, 2009 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: anyone who likes fantasy
This trilogy was recommended to my by a coworker, since I liked the Twilight series. The only thing this set has in common with Twilight is that some of the characters were vampires. The first book in this set took forever to read, the second and third went pretty quickly. I'm not going to go into the story line, but I'll say that it was fairly predictable, and had guessed the identity of the narrator of the story before I finished the second book. There was a lot in these novels that I thought ...more
Stephany
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thought I would never be into vampire romance novels...
oh dear... this is absolutely one of my favourite books.

I love thrillers, sci-fi, essays on lit. and yes, this is 'chick lit', but its good!

The whole trilogy is exciting, but romantic. It isnt silly, lost girls that discover they need a man (the second one, mayyybe stears a bit in that direction, but the action back-story compensates). These are different, strong women. And the men, there are hunky, timid and sexy, fun, nerdy, all availabl
Shannon ray
Jan 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Michele Maliano
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Read this trilogy when it first came out. Half way through the first book I had suspected how it would end ... who the actual story was. I had to read each book as soon as I could get my hands on it. Not only to see if I was right but also because the story was so compelling. I wept at the end even though I knew who the story teller was. I had read every Nora Roberts book up to this story. I had read others after. They were good but not the caliber of this story. So, I haven't read much since bu ...more
Jacque Holst
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like ' The Cousins O'Dwyer' one of Nora Roberts bes

I enjoyed the history, the mystic insight into the Irish, into a country of priests and kings. The development of each of the members of the circle and their worlds. The courage and love shared by the circle, by the couples making up the circle. Lovely adventure and romance. Like ' The Cousins O'Dwyer' one of Nora Roberts best.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • The In Death Collection: Books 21-25
  • Bell, Book, and Murder: The Bast Mysteries
  • Strange Magic: Part One (Magic, #1)
  • Gabriel
  • Inferno's Kiss (Order of the Sicari, #3)
  • Always
  • Bad Mouth (Immortalis, #1)
  • 1636: The Barbie Consortium (Ring of Fire Book 18)
  • The Case of the Sinful Santa (End Street Detective Agency #4)
  • Laced with Magic (Sugar Maple, #2)
  • Brad Thor Collectors' Edition #2: Blowback / Takedown / The First Commandment (Scot Harvath, #4-6)
  • Through a Crimson Veil (Crimson City, #3)
  • The Golden Princess (Emberverse, #11)
  • Move a Little, Lose a Lot: New NEAT Science Reveals How to Be Thinner, Happier, and Smarter
  • Out-of-This-World Marriage
  • Healing Touch
  • Wanderlust (The Story of Us, #1)
More about Nora Roberts...

Circle Trilogy (3 books)
  • Morrigan's Cross (Circle Trilogy, #1)
  • Dance of the Gods (Circle Trilogy, #2)
  • Valley of Silence (Circle Trilogy, #3)

“could feel the power of it, of her across the dream. And he knew she was seeking him out. Even in sleep he felt the pull of her, and that same impatience he’d sensed from her within his circle, within his own time. It seemed for an instant that their” 0 likes
“such sacrifice, to damn an innocent to” 0 likes