Start by marking “The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy: The Summer I Turned Pretty; It's Not Summer Without You; We'll Always Have Summer” as Want to Read:

(Summer #1-3)

Belly has always lived for the summertime because it means all her favorite things: swimming, the beach and the Fisher boys, Conrad and Jeremiah. She has spent every summer with them at Cousins Beach for as long as she can remember. She has always been in love with Conrad and finally, one summer, it seems like he might have feelings for her too. But it turns out, so does ...more
Published May 24th 2011 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy, please sign up.
Belle I preferred it as all in one only because I'm the kind of person that needs to read an entire series in one shot. I can not pick up another book while…moreI preferred it as all in one only because I'm the kind of person that needs to read an entire series in one shot. I can not pick up another book while being in the middle of a series. However, it really just depends on your preference. I do recommend reading them in order and if you take a break it may be a good idea to reread the book(s) you have already read just to refresh your memory because they do build off each other.(less)
Sara
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy: The Summer I Turned Pretty; It's Not Summer Without You; We'll Always Have Summer
Mona Daiban
Jun 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I read all three books in one day..that's how good they are. The author's way of writing is amazing and I loved how she interwined the past with the present in "The summer I turned pretty", and I also loved how we got to read Conrad's point of view in "We'll always have summer", because he is the most mysterious character in all 3 books.

Belly's character is great, in the first book she was a bit immature but as I read the other two books I saw how she had grown up and changed. What I didn't like
Kimberly
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, 2015
So WOW.
I finished this bad boy in like 2 days. And I wasn't even trying to. I was like: yes I will finally have a book that will take me at least a week since I'm so busy.
But that obviously didn't happen, it suck me right in.

So to begin with, this was not what I was expecting. I thought, a fun easy read with a little drama about loving two brothers.
I didn't think this was going to be about cancer and losing the most important person in your life and grief and a lot of WEEPING.
But what can I say,
Vivian
The Summer I Turned Pretty: 3 stars
After loving Jenny Han's To All The Boys I Loved Before series I had high expectations for this and unfortunately I was let down. The main character, Belly, was unbelievably immature and whiny. The way that she viewed the boys, as though she relied on them for her own happiness and her reason for even being alive - I couldn't stand it. I did give her some slack considering her age and I'm sure there were some things that she did that I would've done too when I
Sophie_The_Jedi_Knight
Ness
Feb 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Okay. This is my very first review so please bear with me.

I gave Miss Jenny Han's trilogy THREE stars because I have been taken, torn, tortured, devastated, and ripped apart into tiny little pieces you probably couldn't put me back together again. Yes, those books have that much power over me despite the fact that it's almost shitty in a Twilight Saga way. Almost.

The first book was close to perfection. Miss Han tugged at my heart strings with the nostalgia of teenage years and firsts: first
Odette Brethouwer
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, metpriss
What a lovely summerread! I really enjoyed the first book, it was the perfect book for this season. The second book has a severe case of second book syndrome, I really had to drag myself through it.. But the third book was really summerish again and I'd really enjoyed that one!

I am #TeamJeremiah from the first page until the very last. (view spoiler)
April
May 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was going to review all of these individually, but I couldn’t put them down and read them all in one shot. I’m not sure exactly what I was expecting from this series. I think part of me imagined it to be just a nice light beach read, hence the word summer. I was dead wrong; these books were so much more. I should have known though, Ginger recommended them to me and she tends to be partial to the emotional contemporary books. Don’t be discouraged though, they were far from being dark and ...more
Purelyamuse
GAH! I love this series. Love. I devoured the whole thing in three days. Belly is your average teen, and her voice is so authentic, and I love that Han didn't try to make her mature to teach the readers a lesson. She kept it real, which made it easy as a reader to follow her emotions and her love for her family, friends, and the boys she's learning to love.

Every year Belly's family stays with her mother's friend and their two sons at their beach house. She's good friends with Jeremiah, but
Victoria
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
4/5
I devoured the trilogy in 48H. It was cute, especially the first and second book - the third was less summery, more complicated, so it's my least favorite. A perfect light read for sunny days!
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
3.5 Stars

As a big fan of Jenny Han, I had been waiting to read The Summer I Turned Pretty for so long. The summer vibes originally drew me in, and I enjoyed reading about life at a beach house. The main character is enjoyable, but she does have her moments that put me off. As well, the third and final instalment ruined the trilogy for me, and I was very dissatisfied with the ending. If you are looking to read this series, I would still recommend the first and the second book.
Priss
Note: may contain spoilers. I've tried to mark them, but still I may be spoilering!

1: 3/5. The first book was okay. I had trouble getting into the story and also sympathising with Belly. By the way, why would she introduce herself as Belly if she dislikes the name that much? It's so strange.... As the story picked up its pace, it got easier to stay in the story, but still, it didn't feel like it grabbed my attention like other books have before. I found the little twist (view spoiler)
CallMeSensei
May 31, 2015 rated it did not like it
**This book review may contain spoilers.**

This and other reviews at CALLMESENSEI.

Jenny Han’s The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy has all of the things necessary for a feel good romance: a young girl in love, two yummy-looking boys, and a summer house at the beach.

Belly lives for her summers at the beach with her Fisher boys, Conrad and Jeremiah. She’s been in love with Conrad for years; Jeremiah is her best friend. This summer both boys will admit their feelings for Belly and Belly must choose
Cameryn
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an absolutely incredible series. I will need to get my own copy of this so I can read it over and over and over again.
Daniella
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I just reread this series and it's now become my favorite contemporary books in YA. If you're an older reader of YA, you'll think this is silly. But if you're the right age (13-18) this will really connect with you.
Samantha ✘
The Summer I Turned Pretty: 3 stars
It's not Summer Without you: 4 stars
We'll always have Summer: 2.5 stars

Overall rating: 3 stars

“Nothing, nothing felt better than the way sand felt beneath my feet. It was both solid and shifting. Constant and ever-changing. It was summer.”

The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy had it's moments of pure bliss but also moments of utter stupidity. But it was still an addictive and compelling story. I feel though that the cringe worthy moments in the book series
Shaimaa
Jun 14, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the first two books. I hated the third. I absolutely hated it.

Okay, let's set the scene here:

Belly (or Isabel) grew up around these two dudes. their mom and her mom are bffs and belly feels very close to their mom (Suzannah). belly spends the first book pining over Conrad who is an ass, but also kinda likes her. there's also a subplot surrounding the boy's parents and their marriage and that. okay. so far, so good.

second book, she kinda starts dating Conrad but then he goes AWOL after
Ruth
Jun 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved this series! Started reading book 1 and couldn't stop until I'd finished book 3. Although these books would be classed as contemporary YA romance, that really doesn't do them justice. Really, they are books about the importance of family, friends, and about growing up and figuring out that life is seldom simple ... The central character, Belly (Isabel), is a fairly typical teenage girl. I liked that she wasn't made out to be some perfect heroine. She was bratty and whiny at times, often ...more
Jax***Obsessed with my Kindle
Alli
Jul 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What makes a good book for me is something that once I start I can't put down-even when my eyes are drooping half shut and it's 2:30AM. I also know's it's left some impact if i'm still laying in bed hours, even days later and i'm still thinking about the book. This series did that to me. 3 times.

Jenny Han did a pretty good job at developing the characters throughout the years. With the series spanning over almost 10 years(and even stories from before then), you got to watch them change and grow
Alisia
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Teenage Girls
Recommended to Alisia by: My Friend
God knows how many times I've read this series in the past 3 years. Even I lost count!
Forever my favourite book series.
Jenny Han makes it easy to fall in love with each and every character. The way she gets into the mind of a teenager is so accurate. Whether its Conrad's perspective, Jeremiah's or Belly's.
Sure Belly turns into a total kid sometimes and the reader sometimes goes "uhm...really Belly?" but, that's what we all love about Belly!

A complete cheesy summer romance book, but it's
Aline
I just finished it and I'm so emotional right now, with tears and all because it was that good <3 I already convinced my little sister to read this (she reads maybe one book a year).

I'm so freaking glad that I picked this series up. I've seen it all over the internet and I've heard only good things about it, but I always judged the book by its title, nahh I don't want to read a book that's named 'The summer I turned pretty', but man was I wrong! I'm glad I've given it a try nontheless.

It's

Drewthereader20
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Overall this trilogy was really good. I'll give it a 4.5 stars. I loved the first one. The second one was okay. And the third one I looked. What a great trilogy!! First book=5 stars. Second book=4 stars. Third book=4.5 state!!!(:
Keziah Tupaz
Nov 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Selini
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"The series, I read them all.

And what I would say about this book..

Four words.

I am in love.

It's really good, I love all the characters, the plot story, the romance, the fights, the feeling of summer, everything! It's fascinating!

I was happy when Belly pick who she picked on the second book, and so then they got together. They were really cute together. She said "When I look at him, I saw past, present, and future. He didn't just know the girl I used to be. He knew the right-now me, and he loved
Cherrym134
Feb 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Mary Elizabeth
Sep 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
I read all three books while I was on vacation at the beach, which was cool because the book takes place at one, too. All three were done in two days; simple writing, not a lot of imagination is really needed, and the charters are really cuts and dry: The girl they've known their whole lives turns pretty one summer. Her brother is a jerk, but totally over protective. Jeremiah is the sweet friend, and Conrad, Jeremiah's brother, is the asshole she's loved since she was born.

It's typical.

You can
Sam! at the bookstore
Average Overall Rating: 4 stars :)

The Summer I Turned Pretty: 3.5 stars
It's Not Summer Without You: 2.5 stars
We'll Always Have Summer: 5 stars

Click the names of each book to check out my average rating of each individual book and a few initial thoughts.

Final Overall Thoughts: I'm really happy with how this series turned out. Although it may not have made me cry, this trilogy definitely touched me in a way I don't think I'll soon forget. It was nice to have the bind up, because I didn't have the
Pearl Angeli
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite trilogies ever!

My Reviews:

The Summer I Turned Pretty - https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

It's Not Summer Without You - https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

We'll Always Have Summer - https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Karen Barber
Having read all three books fairly quickly after each other I definitely feel some of the less pleasant aspects of the characters were highlighted.
Book two was, dare I say it, filler and really forced me to feel quite anti-Belly. I get that Belly has her best friend Jeremiah but he's trying to be all noble and not compete. Clearly Conrad likes her, but why do they allow themselves to exist in this toxic situation?
The timeframe for book two zips backwards and forwards in a way that's quite

• This Is So Not Happening (He's So/She's So, #3)
  • Girlfriend Material
  • Going the Distance
  • Endless Summer (The Boys Next Door, #1-2)
  • The Did I Mention I Love You? Trilogy: Box Set of the Phenomenal DIMILY Series (The DIMILY Trilogy Books 1–3)
  • Out of Tune
  • Tan Lines: Sand, Surf, and Secrets / Rays, Romance, and Rivalry / Beaches, Boys, and Betrayal (Summer, #5-7)
  • Second Chance Summer
  • What I Thought Was True
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • 99 Days
  • Sixteenth Summer (Sixteenth Summer #1)
  • Don't Call Me Baby
  • My Life Next Door
  • Did I Mention I Love You? (The DIMILY Trilogy, #1)
  • After (After, #1)
  • Rolling Dice
  • Anyone But Her

Summer (3 books)
  • The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1)
  • It's Not Summer Without You (Summer, #2)
  • We'll Always Have Summer (Summer, #3)
“You're the milk to my shake.” 4 likes
“They had looked at me like I was a real girl, not just somebody's little sister.” 0 likes