Start by marking “Rainstone Fall” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Rainstone Fall

Peter Helton

Rainstone Fall (Chris Honeysett #3)

3.24  ·  Rating details ·  41 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
For Chris Honeysett, artist and private investigator, a stormy October threatens more than just the roof of his Bath studio. There's word of rain on the city's art gallery where, in the course of a simple surveillance job, Chris becomes enmeshed in a web of murder, abduction and blackmail.
Audio CD, 8 pages
Published May 1st 2009 by Story Sound (first published July 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Rainstone Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rainstone Fall

Mascanlon
I am just not a big fan of the activist PI who ends up committing crimes in the course of his investigation. A bit of B&E I suppose from time to time but in this book, artist and PI Chris Honeycutt is set up as a result of an abduction to commit 3 crimes as the ransom. The setting in modern dayBath, was what attracted me in the first place to the book but the characters just didn't capture my interest.
Monica
Aug 06, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The third book in the Chris Honeysett series by Peter Helton...and the last. I enjoyed these books. Mystery, a great setting, likeable characters, slapstick humour. Put all of this together and you have a book where the pages turn very fast.

Jacket notes: "For Chris Honeysett, artist and private investigator in the city of Bath, autumn threatens to bring down more than just the roof of his studio. An exceptionally stormy October forms the backdrop to Aqua Investigation’s strangest case yet. When
Susan
Feb 09, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-england
Artist and sometimes private investigator Chris Honeysett doesn't want to take another insurance job, involving tailing a suspected fraud in Bath's extremely wet autumn. But his old farmhouse needs roof repairs, so he agrees. That's the end of painting for a while, as Chris, his romantic interest Annis, and their detecting partner find themselves more and more involved with a variety of increasingly serious crimes. The police also seem to be taking a lot of interest in Chris's activities, too. T ...more
Martina
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was hovering between 3 and 4 stars but this was more a 4 than not. Enjoyed the humor, the main character and his two cohorts, and while the villain was a bit too obviously villainous, it was only near the end that the main twist became evident. Loved the setting in Bath... Having visited the city I was following the movements of the action in my mind. Loved the Grumpy Hollow! Not all Helton's books are readily available, but this was a fun read and I would love to find more from the series.
Monty
Sep 09, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amusing jaunt through the life of a struggling artist who also plies his trade as a private investigator, when he needs the extra readies to pay for a household roof repair. A seemingly simple insurance investigation jumps into a kidnapping / hostage negotiation which becomes increasingly more complicated by the intervention of equally inept and corrupt police.

The principal character Honeysett, is charmingly boyish in a Jonathon Gash / Lovejoy type of way.
Terri
Oct 21, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The main guy needs his head examined. He gets suckered into committing crimes (yes, that's plural) when he's supposed to be a private detective. Not too smart. And the thought that committing one crime would lead to others, just never seemed to enter his mind. Really NOT smart. The book just rambled.
Jess
May 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Rattling story..made me laugh out loud in places
Cece
Feb 08, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
Sadly, this is the last so far in this series-I hope the author is writing, not painting. I look forward to the next book.
Stargazer
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers
not for me, just felt a disconnect from the characters and therefore the story.
Caroline Ingvaldsen
Latest entry in Chris Honeysett series featuring a pair of artists and a computer geek solving & creating crimes in the environs of Bath: very satisfying mix of action & with a touch of cozy.
Ig-88
Neal Teschendorf
Jul 13, 2015
Margaret
Oct 17, 2013
PETER HELTON was born in Germany but moved to London in 1982 where he worked as a translator for film and TV before discovering the attractions of the West Country.

He completed a Fine Arts Degree at UWE and has exhibited in London, Cornwall and Bath. At present he divides his time between his painting studio and writing in the study of a minute cottage near Bath in the company of his cat, Asbo.

Ser
More about Peter Helton...

Chris Honeysett (6 books)
  • Headcase