Start by marking “Serendipity” as Want to Read:
Serendipity

Serendipity

3.29  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Her first love was the wind. She followed it to the shore. Its thrusting curve held her as a mother's arms might have. And one day, when she left that beach far behind, she would realise that during those half-forgotten days of her earliest childhood, the wind's soul had blown into hers, rending it to tatters.
Published May 1st 2011 by Snowbooks

Eulalie
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone.
I was enchanted by this book, much to my suprise as it is very different to my normal run of whodunnits. I was initially attracted to the book because of the sea, which is a ceasless back story to the book and calls to me the same way it does to Silence.
The characters are cleverly written and they capture your imagination in a suble but tenacious way. The storyline is multifacteted and exceedingly well researched; the plots weaves it's way through the stark landscape of post civil war America sh
Anke
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
finally finished! bit boring and too long... not really interesting story...
Rebecca Cartwright-Teakle
Aug 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
Review
This book started off well and I loved the weaving of the stories but I felt that it could have done with a good edit to make it a really good book. The characters and stories were interesting but I felt that it was sometimes a bit repetitive and went on for too long. There were parts of Meredith’s story where I felt like we were just covering old ground.
Overall a good book and it is clear that Sarah Bryant is a good writer (the story reminded me slightly of Anita Shreve) but it was slight
Gill
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, it had a magical feel to it with the two narrative strands complimenting each other. There was a sense of adventure and to use the title of the book - serendipity - in Meredith's journey and Silence's life. I had pictures in my mind of all the characters, places and events. It was an emotional read.
Liz
Jan 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
The author writes really well. I cannot say the same for the editor. So many mistakes! I usually put the book down when there are that many jarring errors. The story was compelling and I guess that is what matters in the end.
Ferdinando Formica
Oct 04, 2015
Els
May 29, 2012
Nicola
rated it did not like it
Feb 21, 2015
is currently reading it
Jul 14, 2017
Nikol Kučerová
Aug 25, 2017
Sarah Bryant (born 1973 in Brunswick, Maine, USA, is a contemporary British based writer.

She attended Brown University in Rhode Island before moving to Scotland in 1996 to study creative writing at the University of St. Andrews. She settled in the UK after meeting her husband and now lives in the Scottish Borders region where along with writing she doubles as a teacher of Celtic harp, and occasion