Start by marking “Little Boy Blues (A Camilla MacPhee Mystery #3)” as Want to Read:
Little Boy Blues (A Camilla MacPhee Mystery #3)

Little Boy Blues (A Camilla MacPhee Mystery #3)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  71 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
In the third Camilla MacPhee Mystery, Camilla's looking forward to cutting loose at Ottawa's Bluesfest, the huge open-air extravaganza, and to seeing the tail end of her annoying office assistant, Alvin, who is finally quitting. Then the news comes from the East Coast. Alvin's younger brother Jimmy has vanished from the midst of a Canada Day crowd in Sydney, Nova Scotia. I ...more
Published June 1st 2002 by Napoleon and Co (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Little Boy Blues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Boy Blues

Ellen
Alvins' Jimmy, July 12, 2012
By Ellen Rappaport (Florida)
This review is from: Little Boy Blues: A Camilla MacPhee Mystery (Paperback)
This is the 3rd mystery in the Camilla MacPhee series and my 3rd also.
The first 2 books in this wonderful series were absolutely A+, so as often happens, a book that follows, although beautifully written, is compared to the first 2.

This book begins with a horrific scene in which a child, Jimmy, is bullied almost to death. Horrifying and quite unusual for a cozy.
Philip
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read! In my opinion this is by far the best book yet in this hilarious series which, as is usually the case in any series, is better if not absolutely necessary to be read in order. For instance Alvin's going away party was ROTFL funny but if a reader hadn't read the first two books before this one I think they would have missed most of Camilla's references and recommendations of Alvin to his new employer! Everyone raves about Mrs. Parnell and I agree she's a pretty good character but Alvin ...more
Teena in Toronto
I love mystery novels and it's fun when they are based in Canada and/or written by Canadian authors.

Though this is apparently the third in a series, I didn't have any problem catching up. I enjoyed the writing style and didn't find that it dragged. I read it in a day (today). And I liked it enough to read the books before and after it in the series. I recommend it!

What made this book all that much better was that it was partially based in Sydney, Nova Scotia, where I lived from 1977 to 1983. Plu
Nathan Burgoine
Mar 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The third Camilla MacPhee mystery by Ottawa's own local mystery author, Mary Jane Maffini is 'Little Boy Blues.'

As always, Camilla's wit makes the story a gem to read, and this time, the mystery isn't set specifically in Ottawa: when Alvin's brother goes missing, a brother of limited mental abilities and with a harsh past from Alvin's nearly psychotic family, it's up to Camilla to break Alvin's near-shock state and find his brother before things get even worse, and more people die.

One of the thi
Karen
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Camilla MacPhee is ready for a family free week while her dad and siblings go on vacation. She plans to start her life over but is waylaid by her former coworker Alvin whose younger brother Jimmy has gone missing. Jimmy has special needs based on a tragic incident as a child. The rush is on to find the 21 year old. Time is running out as so are Jimmys medications and one by one people fall victim to a hit and run artist.

Ms. Maffini has created an spellbinding story with such rich and comical cha
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This was a terrifc read from page one until...the next book. The mystery, as usual, is fast-paced, humorous, and well plotted. You do not see the culprit for the fog. I highly recommend reading all of Ms. Maffini's works.
Alison Gaede MacNeil
Love love love this author. She has created a funny, witty crime-solving character in Camilla MacPhee, not to mention her sidekicks and family. The stories are based in Ottawa and Sydney Cape Breton for this story.
Nikki Mcelman-doucette
Mary Jane Maffini's best so far! Fast-paced and too much fun!
rabbitprincess
Nov 01, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2007
An Ottawa-based mystery that focuses on Bluesfest. Very fun, and I love how the protagonist really wanted to see Blue Rodeo. :)
MinglingThreads
Jun 13, 2013
Cathy Durant
Jan 22, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Aka Victoria Abbott with her daughter Victoria Maffini.

Mary Jane Maffini was born in Sydney, Nova Scotia, and has her BA (Hons) and MLS from Dalhousie University. After a career in libraries such as The Brewers' Association of Canada, Statistics Canada, the Canada Institute for Scientific and Technical Information, and a wonderful ride as a co-owner of Prime Crime Mystery Bookstore, she has settle
More about Mary Jane Maffini...

A Camilla MacPhee Mystery (6 books)
  • Speak Ill of the Dead (A Camilla MacPhee Mystery, #1)
  • The Icing on the Corpse (A Camilla MacPhee Mystery, #2)
  • The Devil's in the Details (A Camilla MacPhee Mystery, #4)
  • The Dead Don't Get Out Much (A Camilla MacPhee Mystery #5)
  • Law & Disorder (A Camilla MacPhee Mystery, #6)