Start by marking “Doctor's Delight (Big Girls Lovin' Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Doctor's Delight (Big Girls Lovin' Trilogy, #1)

Doctor's Delight (Big Girls Lovin' Trilogy #1)

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  2,199 Ratings  ·  130 Reviews
What does a 35 year old, plus-sized virgin do when she decides to lose her virginity and experience just one night of being desirable? She lets herself get talked into hiring a male escort. Unfortunately, mistaken identity lands her in the bed of a hunky doctor, and now things are spiralling out of control!
Published (first published May 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Doctor's Delight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor's Delight

Perfection by R.L. MathewsonPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonReasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend by Cassie MaeBet Me by Jennifer CrusieOn the Plus Side by Tabatha Vargo
Sexy Curves
437 books — 414 voters
Cop's Passion by Angela VerdeniusDoctor's Delight by Angela VerdeniusPerfection by R.L. MathewsonAlex by Angela VerdeniusVet's Desire by Angela Verdenius
BBW Heroines
287 books — 194 voters

More lists with this book...

Cassie
Oct 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
I finished Doctor’s Delight (Big Girls Lovin’) last night and wanted to get the review in while the story was still fresh in my mind. So we’ll jump right into the plot summary then I’ll give you my unbiased opinion…well, probably biased cause I’m all for plus sized romances!

We have an extremely insecure 35 year old plus sized woman, Cherry, who has never made love with a man before. She’s lonely and longs for human contact (with a male-type person, of course, and 35 years of celibacy will do tha
Yalda
Apr 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!!! I think we should all act like Cherry did in the end, you know? Just stand up for yourself and never let people bring you down!!!

description

Fat, flat or fab, whatever shape, color or race, we all are gorgeous and pretty and freaking amazing!!! We all have to do is just love ourselves a tiny bit more...believe me, i'm talking from experience.

Gonna read the whole serie now :D Cop's Passion ....HERE I COME!!!

PS: Please read THIS if ur big and curvy and incredibly beautiful, like me :D
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: Available Now!
Publisher: Self-Published
Imprint: N/A
Author’s Website: http://www.angelaverdenius.com/
My Source for This Book: Gift from the Author
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 1, Big Girls Lovin’
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Hot

When the author approached me about this book, I knew from the moment that I read the blurb that I was going to love it, and I was right.

Cherry, a nurse in a pri
PointyEars42
Abandoning this dreadful book at 45%. It was okay up until about 5% in... okay in that I was going to continue reading despite the author’s habit of using the most obvious or clichéd turn of phrase in any given situation. A page later I was irritated. A chapter later I was furious.

I cannot stand those creepers who think that wearing you down is an option; who think that women are grateful for any attention so if they become enough of a nuisance you’ll give them what they want... or that you’ll b
Rose May
Nov 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: c-plus
Note: This review, and all my reviews, comes from my blog - Romantic Rose's Bookshelf (http://romantic-rosesblog.blogspot.com). Thank you to Ms. Verdenius for the book to review!

Book 1 in the Big Girl’s Lovin’ series

Cherry is getting older and she’s still a virgin. Getting desperate to have her ‘cherry popped’ she contacts Helen at the escort agency, and arranges for a man to meet her at a hotel room. She meets the man there, has wonderful, blow-your-mind sex with him, then pays and leaves while
Chumchum_88
I loved it, it was my first book for a plus-sized girl and I really liked it.

- Loved the hero, he was soooooo cute when he was with her, and in other reviews I read someone described him like a puppy following her around, which is true, and do you know what other thing is true about him, him being a potential stalker XD I'm glad that he got through t the heroine and they got together, otherwise I don't know what he would have done, cause seriously he was really persistent for someone who met her
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
Okay, forgive me for being super lazy, but I am going to review all the books in this trilogy in one review, this is to stop boring you with repetition as what I have to say about each book is pretty similar.

The trilogy goes in this order:
Doctor's Delight (Big Girls Lovin' Trilogy, #1) by Angela Verdenius Cop's Passion (Big Girls Lovin' Trilogy, #2) by Angela Verdenius Vet's Desire (Big Girls Lovin' Trilogy, #3) by Angela Verdenius

I normally reserve the first part of my review to give a general synopsis of the book, been as I doing a three in one deal I will give a general run down. In each book we have a heroine with body issues who unwittingly ensnares a hot man who then has the tas
Audrey
Oct 18, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
A good read, 3 to 3+ overall. Cherry is a massive bundle of insecurity and self-doubt due, in large part, to her plus-sized proportions, and Rick is the dreamy, perfect, and eternally patient hunk who sweeps onto the scene to sweep Cherry off her feet. For an erotic romance, I thought this story was sweet and entertaining, and there were some lively secondary characters thrown into the mix. I'm not rating it higher than a 3/good because that's what it is: a good, comfortable read with nothing gr ...more
Anna D.
May 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I found Cherry endearing and Rick incredibly sweet..

Full review:
This story is as farfetched as the movie Pretty Woman – that there is a HEA after one of the MCs decides to hire an escort. Not bloody likely, but it does make for sweet romance reading.

Rick is, of course, the perfect man. He was raised right, taught to love a person for who they are and not what they look like. He’s also smart, rich, funny, a doctor, gorgeous, sensitive, and horny…the list goes on and on.

Cherry is simply a good
Kim
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2013
This was just not for me. It wasn't the heroine's body issues that bothered me - those are pretty real. It was the rest of it. A nurse has sex with a man she really doesn't know for the second time and he doesn't use a condom and her response is to take the morning after pill and say "no worries." Uh... Get tested for STD's dumbass! You work in a hospital. Don't you see the consequences of this type of behavior pretty frequently? And the hero is just creepy. He's a doctor and we're supposed to t ...more
Gabby
I expected better from Ms. Verdenius, since Call On Me was really good, but this one is sappy, too sweet, and pretty fairy-tale-meets-erotica-wannabe.

I'm reading the entire trilogy, just ... because I want to know if Call On Me (The Mackay Sisters #1) by Angela Verdenius was a good shot or her writing gets better and better.
ChuCha
Nov 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Love this series!!! You can't measure someone's beauty in terms of their size. It doesn't matter if your dress size is double digit: you can still be beautiful and someone out there can see it as well.
Melanie
This was very fluffy, but so darned cute!
Sonja van der Merwe
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Being a plus size girl myself.. I loved this story!!!
Sheila
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, smut, drama, sex-play
Me he sentido totalmente identificada con Cherry, con sus miedos e inquietudes. Ya solo por eso he disfrutado bastante.
Rick es el típico protagonista de novela romántica, a lo mejor un poco más pervertido que la media pero adorable y totalmente achuchable.
Ruth
When I picked up this one I was really in need of some total fluff, but with some wit on the side. Well, this delivered!

I gave it 3 stars because I "liked it", but let me qualify that a bit - this isn't a life-changing read, and it's not the best-written, but it delivered that saccharine-flavored, make-me-happy-for-a-couple-of-hours feeling that I wanted at the time.

There were a couple of things that bothered me. First, check out that dreadful cover. OK, the top half is pretty lickable, but the
Nutnut (Lj) Ford
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This was my first introduction to this author and i am glad i took a chance it was beautiful written you could feel Cherry's dilemma and her insecurities,hell i have had most of them and i think thats why this book was special to me. I loved that Rick wanted her and made time to make her feel special. I wont say anymore as not to spoil it for anyone but i enjoyed it do much i had made a bet with a few friends at work buy it and if you really dont enjoy it i will give you back you money. And i ha ...more
Claudia
Jul 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit
I really loved it. I don't want to say much about the story itself. I liked the message, somwhere out there there's somebody waiting for you. It doesn't matter what you look like and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Which girl doesn't like that thought?! This book is perfect for a rainy lazy day, it warms your heart and makes you smile.
Janey
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Aah... What a sweet and lovely book, yay the chubby girl gets the hottie!, go Cherry!, bout time too...,I liked that you got a glimpse of the next two stories, Tim the vets next so definitely going to read that one.
L
This was a cute, fun, funny read. Loved both the guy and the girl. And it was nice to have a plus size lead and a guy who adored her just as she was! Looking forward to the next two in the series.
Karoline
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: safe
I loved this book! It was beyond sweet. This was the first I've read by this author and I'm diving into book two now!
Kimberly Walter
Jan 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really love this book and the series. its funny, emotional, erotic, sexy and very good. feel connected to the characters especially the heroine. i recommend this book very much.
Leticia Isquerdo
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I always like Angela Verdenius's books. It's so cute and easy to read.
LG (A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions)
The cover image for this book was what first brought it to my attention - it looked cute, and the female cover model was clothed, so I guessed the book was probably not written primarily for a male audience (All Romance Ebooks, where I purchased it, can be a minefield at times). I liked the excerpt, and a few of the reviews I read on Goodreads sounded encouraging. I looked forward to a story that would indulge my love for shy heroines, as well as my love for heroines with body image issues who m ...more
Inn Auni
Jun 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Surprisingly I found this appealing aeons ago. Reading it for the second time made me questioned myself. Three quarter of the ebook consisted of Cherry doubting herself because of her size. It made me wonder, have I ever doubted my ability because of my size before. The answer is, I don't care. So, I skipped most part and glad by the end, Cherry redeemed herself when she stood up for herself and the man she loved.

Rick was creepy. I don't care if he was a drop dead gorgeous hunkalicious surgeon b
Parvati Maharaj
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cherry has a lot of insecurities being overweight. She has loyal friends which is a plus. There is someone that is honestly attracted to her. She works to get through her troubles with an evil bitch in tow. She triumphs at the end and gets the gut. Well he was hers from the beginning, so it ends well.
Patricia Marchena
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Funny, Witty and emotional read.
Just added a new favorite writer to my VIP list
Clamourei
Feb 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: rubenesque
This is a light read but a very sensual one. It's about Cherry, 35 yrs old virgin, who has insecurities with her figure, being plump and petite. She longs for a male company. Intimate company with a man and not just mere buddies which she was usually categorized to.

" It's not that I dont want to be a virgin," she told Frizzo and Sugar, who were both lolling back on her sofa opposite her. " I just want, for once, to beheld. Touched. Kissed."

So when her ever good friends, Susie and Maxie, "liter
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love, drama
Book 1 of 'Big Girls Lovin' Trilogy. I enjoyed this immensly. A very different start to a romance, with a very sexy twist. I love these tales that give us plus size girls a chance to shine in loving passionate relationships.

I thought that Cherry Williams came across with quite a lot of the issues that plague plus size girls world wide. Large men have issues, but for some reason girls get more grief. Skinny girls can be real mean to girls of plump persuasion.

Dr Rick Read, comes from money &
Syl
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
Ok.

I liked the book because I'm a sucker for romance novels and I read a lot of them and I felt empathy with the main character, Cherry. The subject I can relate to, being an overweight woman myself, with a lot of bad experiences because of people's (and more specifically, men) (mis)conceptions about love and physical appearance; blame our Western society or the media. The fact is there and we can't cover it.

Cherry as a character can be annoying, but then again, after having lived a lifetime of
  • Tony's Haven (Sherman Family #2)
  • Curves by Design (Big Girls And Bad Boys, #3)
  • Stud Muffin Wanted
  • Summer Nights
  • A Whole Lot of Love
  • Persuading Prudence
  • Sex By The Numbers
  • Wrapped Around Your Finger (Bound to You, #1)
  • Knock Out Curves (Plus Size Loving, #4)
  • Love's Learning Curves (Wolf’s Seduction #3)
A member of both the Romance Writers of Australia & the Australian Romance Readers Association, I live in Australia, where I am happily ruled by my cats. When not procrastinating and sneaking peeks at books, or at work as a nurse, I can usually be found at my trusty computer… procrastinating by playing on the internet…

I started writing sci-fi romance some years ago before spreading my wings an
More about Angela Verdenius...

Big Girls Lovin' Trilogy (3 books)
  • Cop's Passion (Big Girls Lovin' Trilogy, #2)
  • Vet's Desire (Big Girls Lovin' Trilogy, #3)