Start by marking “Conqueror Series Collection: Wolf of the Plains, Lords of the Bow, Bones of the Hills” as Want to Read:

(Conqueror #1-3 Box set)

Paperback
Published January 24th 2011 by Zatpix

To ask other readers questions about Conqueror Series Collection, please sign up.
Maria I only read the first part of this Conqueror Series and I love it so far. :)

Start your review of Conqueror Series Collection: Wolf of the Plains, Lords of the Bow, Bones of the Hills
Philip Corbett
May 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The first two books in this series, Wolf of the Plains and Lords of the Bow, are completely un-put-down-able.

I read the first one in the space of two days on holiday, and thanks to the power of the Kindle, was able to go straight in to the second instalment and ultimately started on the third in the same week!

Fantastic storytelling. How Iggulden makes something as bleak as Mongolian life so compelling is beyond me, but he manages it without getting mired in needless detail. The characters are
Eric
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A fascinating read! Fortunately for me, years ago (45 according to the date on my term paper) I had researched the Mongols for a college English requirement. I found the Mongols amazing then and I still do. Conn Iggulden takes some literary license in this five book series, but he is quick to point out the areas in his historical notes at the end of each book. To weave so many characters through the timeline of Genghis Khan's start in life to Kublai's prime is an extraordinary feat. Well done ...more
Gary Bellfield
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This series of books takes you back in time! It makes you feel as if you are riding along with Genghis Khan himself and you never want to leave! Brilliant
Richard
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow! This is the way to appreciate the greatness of the Genghis Khan and the Mongol hordes ... the way Conn Iggulden has "put flesh on the bones of history" .. is to portray the epic journey which the obscure Mongol tribes made from the plains to become a nation, and the unbelievable conquests of their neighboring (dominating?) powers.
The name .. "Genghis Kahn" .. still carries this sense, an echo of .." conqueror" .. today, so many centuries later. Reading these books one realizes why ...
Was
Edward
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is close to being my fav book/series, I never thought another author would come close to Matthew Reily but Conn certainly has.

I personally love roman/ancient war books and this is definitely the best one i have read. Once you start reading you are instantly imagining life on the plains and the amazing battles that are constantly throughout the book.

The only downside is the end of the series it sort of looses its excitement but the first three books are 10/10.

If you haven't read these books
Kyle
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I initially read the first in the series 'Wolf of the Plains' while spending a month in Mongolia itself on a travel adventure. The book is fantastically written and added to the sheer beauty of the Mongolian people, their culture, their history and their lifestyle. The book, surprisingly, is essentially historically correct but certainly adds a breath of fresh air by allowing the imagination run as wild as the horses it describes. A inspiring book.
Philen Naidu
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I thought that nobody could beat Ken Follet, when it comes to historical epics.
But this series is unbelievable!
If you're looking for an historical war epic that will transport you to another time, then you have got to read this!
Cory
Jul 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
makes me feel manly.
Anita
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
WOLF OF THE PLAINS

The fictionalized story of the childhood and youth of Genghis Khan.
A dramatic and brutal tale of life on the Steppes of Russia in the age when the Mongol tribes where at constant war with the Tartars.
The boyhood of Khan was marked by death and dislocation. These early traumas probably defined the future of the man who would brutally sweep across Eastern Asia inflicting terrible revenge on those he captured. From his early life he sought vengeance for the death of his father
Maryanne Wilson
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have no idea how I missed all this history of Ghengis Khan - I was an avid student but didn't know almost any of what was presented... how utterly amazing his accomplishments were!

A lot of books work to get you to feel empathy with the main character (explaining their thought process in our terms) - it took me until the 3rd book to realize why things seemed a little off... I'll never think like Ghengis Khan and the author didn't try to force that point.
I gobbled up the first three books in the
Chris Peace
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Only read Wolf of the Plains so far but I must say it is un put downable. Excellently written. I knew nothing of this particular time in history especially the Mongolians or Ghengis Khan. Based on historical facts but brought to life by the author. A MUST read.
Marsela Sina
Fantastic!
Lena D.
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fascinating trilogy. I felt Genghis was in my living room at one point. I have travelled round Mongolia. And his legend still lives on. Fabulous to have him immortalised in words again.
Meghna
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing. I have no words.
Concrete Jungle
I read these books while in prison. Without a doubt Genghis Khan Painted my mind with his battles. He built a nation out of nothing but his will and drive. Who said revenge isnt a good motivator? What really resonated with me his his simplistic view. He wasnt worried about Gold or silver. The allure of riches was the burden of lesser men. I bet theres hidden treasures all across the gobi desert that he and the mongols buried. lol
I love the quote about courage.
It is like a muscle or tool. you got
Jc
Jan 26, 2016 rated it liked it
The youth of Genghis Khan is an interesting subject. It reads as a pure novel and not an historical novel but after reading the afterword it turns out to have been well researched and to be historically close to reality. It answers a question I had raised after reading volume 3 as to how GK could march so many men without the logistic to feed them. Well they could survive for days on the blood and milk of their mares!! Definitely worth reading volume 2.
Georgie
Aug 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Bonding with my teenage son, I read this series, but I had to stop after the 3rd book - there are 5. Written by the 'Dangerous Books for Boys' guy was a positive and my son loved it. However I got a bit bored with the endless killing of brothers, battle tactic descriptions and drinking of butter tea but It was interesting. I feel I know all I'll ever need to know about Mongol rulers.
Alex
Oct 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly historically accurate series of books and a very good way of enjoyably learning about the Mongol character. Really like that at the end of the book the author tells you which bits he had to alter to make it a good fiction book so you know exactly what happened. Really exciting series and the books did not last long!
Vicki Wilson
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Conn Iggulden has the ability to make historical fiction exciting. He is the number one go to source for anything related to Genghis Khan. If you thought that Genghis was just another tyrant trying to make his mark, these books will make you see a different side to Genghis. His fierce loyalty to his people and his unwavering bravery makes Genghis Khan a hero like no other.
Mike
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am currently reading the second book in the series. The first book is one the better books I have read in the past few years. It follows the life of Ghengis Khan from a young age, to leader of the clans.
I highly recommend it.
Julie Brierley
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Historical fiction telling the story of Genghis Khan. It's brilliant but blood thirsty. The first book covers his childhood which was difficult especially after his father died. The hardships he endured shaped him into the brutal man he became. These books are so well written and easy to read.
Francois
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent books. The autor try to make a picture of all main caracters regarding the knowledge we have of this part of Asian history. the result is very interesting and because of the action you will never get annoyed.
Joy Gartside
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
a brilliant start to the series about Ghengis Khan. A book that was interesting from the very start and hard to put down to do other things.

If you like historical novels I would recommend this one.
Peter Wrobbel
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent and totally gripping read. Whilst not totally correct historically (but not far off) it gives a wonderful insight into the creation of one of the greatest leaders/warriors of human history at the same time as being a real page turner of a book. Straight into book 2 for me
Dimitri
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really like the book because its really interesting and theres lots of adventure.

WARNING ! you will not stop reading this book.
T. Strange
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
Awesome. I keep meaning to reread these.
Louiza Egan
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Irresistible - open the first page, get on your horse and get riding!! Fabulous escapism at its best - though if you're like me be careful to look out for skipping over the gorier bits....
Alin Alin
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant work! It goes to show the kind of hardship people go through and makes you question your own journey as a man.
John Barton
Apr 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
A riveting account of Genghis Kahn' rise to power
Claire
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So detailed and fascinating, couldn't put em down. Love my historical fiction epics and this is high on the list of favourites.

• The Love That I Have
  • Solomon's Song (The Potato Factory, #3)
  • God's Callgirl
  • A Great and Terrible King: Edward I and the Forging of Britain
  • The Norman Conquest
  • Tudor: The Family Story
  • In Search of the Dark Ages
  • Cry of the Curlew (Frontier #1)
  • The Ambassador's Daughter (The Kommandant's Girl, #0.5)
  • Shiang
  • False God of Rome (Vespasian, #3)
  • The Mountain Shadow
  • Rome's Fallen Eagle (Vespasian, #4)
  • Masters of Rome (Vespasian, #5)
  • Rome's Executioner (Vespasian, #2)
  • Soldier Spy
  • Son of Bhrigu (The Pataala Prophecy Book 1)
  • Forget Mars: Circular Economy, The Next Big Business Opportunity
Also publishes under author name C.F. Iggulden.

I was born in the normal way in 1971, and vaguely remember half-pennies and sixpences. I have written for as long as I can remember: poetry, short stories and novels. It’s what I always wanted to do and read English at London University with writing in mind. I taught English for seven years and was Head of English at St. Gregory’s RC High School in

Conqueror (5 books)
  • Genghis: Birth of an Empire (Conqueror, #1)
  • Genghis: Lords of the Bow (Conqueror, #2)
  • Bones of the Hills (Conqueror, #3)
  • Khan: Empire of Silver (Conqueror, #4)
  • Conqueror (Conqueror, #5)