Start by marking “Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible” as Want to Read:
Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible

Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  7,722 Ratings  ·  196 Reviews
Based on more than 20 years of experience and 40 years of research, this book presents a practical, proven strategy for creating and meeting goals that has been used by more than 1 million people to achieve extraordinary things in life. Author Brian Tracy explains the seven key elements of goal setting and the 12 steps necessary to set and accomplish goals of any size. Usi ...more
Published November 1st 2004 by Berrett-Koehler Publishers (first published November 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Goals!, please sign up.

Sepas 1- work hard cause that's the key ( it really is)
2- be patient
3- never lose faith in what you're doing

Mikayel Galstyan
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
I started reading this book because my mom suggested it. She thought it would be a good book to get me to set good new years resolutions. To be honest, even though this book probably isn’t meant for a 13-year-old kid, it was actually really interesting. The plot of the book; well there really wasn’t a specifically set plot. The book started out with him talking about how he changed his life and how we can all change our life’s if we set reasonable goals. The book also goes over key points on wha ...more
Eric
Apr 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: business, self-help
This is a good book if you want to set some good goals. Of course, that's what I wanted to do. And thanks to this book, I now have set some good goals. As you can probably guess this book has a lot to say about setting goals, but it's not just about the tactics and quick tips. It also covers a lot of the psychology of setting goals as well. There is a lot to read and it can get a little convoluted, but the book basically follows these five points:

1. Get in the right frame of mind. Accept comple
Mary
Mar 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I'm not a business person. In fact I'm the opposite of that right now -- a stay-at-home mom. I was skeptical of this book when it was recommended to me because I don't need to "double my income" (twice of nothing is still nothing!) After reading it I see that it is a practical resource for readjusting my focus and my attitude. I am interested in regaining purpose in my day-to-day life. This book really helps with that.

Who knows,someday I will be back in the money-making game and this book will
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads
A very powerful and inspirational read!

Goals! offers you practical pieces of advice on establishing what it is that you really want and how to get it.

Brian Tracy emphasizes on the importance of setting goals the correct way. All you have to do is set a realistic goal, make a clear practical plan, and get busy doing what needs to be done to make it happen.

You see, if you really want to achieve your goals; you have got to internalize them, you have to make them a part of you and your life. By do
J.S.
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took me about six months to get through this book. Not because it was boring or a tough read. I believe a book like this needs to be read when your mind is ready to accept it.

Tracy talks about how your mind can postpone certain events in your life. To me, my mind held me up for a while, but certain events occurred in my life that bolted me past the hurdles.

I have been using the techniques laid out in this book, and I already feel myself focusing on the things that are most important to me. It
Aura
Oct 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
***For more reviews, contests, interviews, book news and more go to my blog:

This is the second Brian Tracy book I have read and he is fast becoming my favourite career advice authors. In this book Tracy discusses the importance of goal setting and what a difference it can make to achieving what it is you want in life.

His advice is clear, concise and easy to follow. There are some moments where it gets slightly repetitive and some areas that I thought could h
Jason
Jul 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Good Book. Nice Tips. It would have sufficed to read summarized notes of the authors ideas. Great Plan/ Tips. The one thing that I am have a challenge with these kinds of books is they give you so many steps to do while you are reading it. It would take a month to do all the activities. A great book should be able to be condensed into three great ideas. Otherwise it's too much. I enjoyed the beginning and the end most of all. I will review this book in the future.
Ramy
2.5 / 5
و لعدم وجود انصاف نجوم
3 / 5

الكتاب ذكرنى ب نكتة الجمل ...
كان مدرس يطلب من التلاميذ كتابة موضوع تعبير
فطلب منهم فى مرة كتابة موضوع عن الجمل
فكتب احد الطلاب
ان الجمل حيوان صبور يعيش فى الصحراء لذلك يسميه البدو سفينة الصحراء....الخ
فى الاسبوع التالى طلب منهم المدرس كتابة موضوع تعبير عن التكنولوجيا
فكتب ذلك الطالب
ان التكنولوجيا شىء جميل ..تشتهر اليابان بالتكنولوجيا...و لكن لا يوجد لديهم الجمل و هو حيوان صبور يعيش فى الصحراء لذلك يسميه البدو سفينة الصحراء....الخ
فى الاسبوع التالى طلب منهم المدرس ك
Nothanks
Some valuable points but overall not succinctly put, way too many sub-sections for what is an overall simple topic to cover. I stopped paying attention around page 180 as it just started to drag on and essentially be predictable permutations based off the points in the first few chapters. The silver lining to this book is the somewhat inspirational point it makes - essentially everyone (at least if you aren't horribly oppressed) has potential to achieve just about anything they want and 80% of w ...more
Sohaib
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
To be honest, I haven't gotten through this book. I doubt even if this is the kind of book to get through once and then shelve it done.

This is a partner of a book. To keep shelving and unshelving whenever you need it. I'm constantly adopting fragments from it into my daily routine ... and right now, I can honestly say that this is one of the most resourceful books I've ever read.

I'm likely to modify this review depending on how things turn out in the future as I take in more with experience.
Matt
Mar 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone with an ounce of ambition or a dream to achieve
Recommended to Matt by: My dad
Shelves: re-reading
I just finished this book a week or two ago and have immediately begun to re-read it. It is packed with incredibly valuable and easily implemented tools to help you identify your goals and make clear plans to reach them.

Don't just float through life.

Highly recommended.
مدلول الشمري
كيف تحصل على كل شيء تريده أسرع مما ظننته ممكناً؟

جذبني هذا العنوان ، الكتاب يتحدث عن ادارة الجهد والوقت والتركيز من تأليف براين تريسي ، المقدمة ممتعة عن قصة حياة الكاتب والنجاح الذي حققه في مجال التسويق،

لازلت في المقدمة ! احسست ان الكتاب ينمي (الأنا) في النفس وربما تكون انانية معتدلة
Vanga Srikanth
Nov 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want -- Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible Review by Vanga Srikanth

About the Author
Brian Tracy is Chairman and CEO of Brian Tracy International, a company specializing in the training and development of individuals and organizations. He has consulted for more than 1,000 companies and addressed more than 4,000,000 people in 4,000 talks and seminars throughout the US, Canada and 40 other countries worldwide. As a Keynote speaker and seminar leader, he addresses
Sara Crewe
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
1. Отключете потенциала си. - Всяка цел, която си поставя е осъществима. Ние ставаме това, за което мислим през повечето време.

2. Придобийте контрол над своя живот. - Нивото, на което сме сега е само и единствено наше дело. Ако не сме довлни добрата новина е, че можем да го променим. Всичко е в нашите ръце. Дръжте се като собственик на фирмата, в която работите, а не като обикновен работник.

3. Създайте собственото си бъдеще. - Представете си, че няма ограничения, в това какво мовете да постигнет
David Hooper
Oct 31, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people with goals
This is a great book. Well organized and easy to get through. Brian Tracy comes from a sales background, so if you're in sales, it will especially work for you. If not, it's still worth a look, since the information here applies to anybody who wants to get more accomplished and the goals you set don't have to be anything to do with business.

I read a lot and have read a lot of material on this particular subject. Out of everything I've been through, this is the one I'd recommend to friends. It's
Asma
Sep 27, 2013 rated it liked it
The Book Goals! was supposed to help us realize and reach our goals and the author gave a good roadmap to get there in the first two chapters the rest was just repetition and non-relevant ideas or segments of various ideas that were not linked.
I loved the questions presented in this book, they made me think and they encouraged me to take action like the questions to help unlock potential.
What I didn't like is while reading I found my self at the end of every chapter a bit lost it was like the au
Julie Connor
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Brian Tracy, author of the phenomenal book, "Eat That Frog: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time," offers more practical strategies achieving your goals by carefully observing, documenting, and modeling the successful habits of successful high-achievers. Tracy describes seven critical elements of establishing goals and 12 fundamental steps to set and reach goals. He offers meaningful advice and provides examples that allow readers to articulate goals and align the ...more
Jim
Dec 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
This is a book I'm bound to return to again and again, one of my personal seven pillars of wisdom in life. I believe goal-setting works, and this has to be the bible of doing it. So full of good ideas and inspiration for the eager, if maybe susceptible, mind that even writing this makes me want to go and pick it up for another idea. Because I managed to get through most of this sitting by the pool and reflecting on career, I came back with a positive drive to start changing things that I want to ...more
Garland Vance
May 25, 2012 rated it did not like it
Imagine a book that takes the most basic advice on goal setting and interweaves that with pop-psychology and fails to grapple with reality and you will have imagined this book.
If you are looking for a good book about goal setting that grapples with reality, read David Allen's Making It All Work. He has a great chapter on goal setting which also includes advice on transforming your goals into reality.
Skip Brian Tracy's work on Goals.
Seth
Aug 20, 2007 rated it it was amazing
This is a book that really changed my life. I know this is pretty corney to say about a business self-help book, but it allowed me to focus my energies in a particular direction and stop my life-drift. If you just read it, I don't think it will do much for you, but if you really do all the activities and apply yourself, it can really change everything. I set a list of goals for 2007 that I thought was pretty ambitious and I am still on track to make them!
Carolina Esteves de Andrade
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
If you want to know more about setting goals I recommend the book Goals! from Brian Tracy. On this book Brian Tracy guide you through the entire process since clarifying what you want, to helping you measure your progress, create an action plan, manage yourself and set your priorities in order to achieve your goals in a more effective and efficient way.
RJ Stayton
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Easy to follow goal setting book that I keep on my bookshelf and re-read yearly.
Pratap
You need Goals to be successful, and you need to read this "Goals" book to set and achieve your goals.
Patrick Oneill
Jan 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone needing dramatic positive change
Shelves: self-help
Wow!
Just get it, do not argue with me, just get it!

If you follow the steps he gives you, you can not help but make dramatic positive life-changes.

Patrick ONeill
JaxCandleMan.com
Farzaneh
that is a great gift from dear person who care about me. I hope to make real goals for myself in this regarding.
Kalwani
Sep 05, 2017 rated it liked it
At the start of the year, I asked myself "How do you have to think in order to keep to your year's resolutions?" Welcome to part two of a three part book review series answering this question. Part one was a book review of Mindset by Carol Dweck.

The author suggests most people do not know how to set goals and provides the reader with an appropriate framework to perform this task. He does this because he believes in the power of goals to focus the mind of their author.

The framework in the book st
Diane  Holcomb
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Do you have vague ideas about what you want to achieve, but never get around to making a plan to achieve those goals, and put that plan in action? Or maybe you've made a plan, but for some mysterious reason haven't taken action? Or you took action, but those action steps you took didn't get you any closer to your goals because you don't have a clear plan?

Yeah, me too.

That's why I picked up this book. I liked the idea of getting everything I wanted, faster than I ever thought possible.

This isn't
Tao Lee
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Note to self: You are only happy when you are doing something that is moving you towards something that you want. Dream big and dare to fail. Invest money in investment each year. Refuse to compromise your dreams. Spend time with better prospects. Double the number of minutes that you spend face to face with prospects each day. When you complete a task, your brain release a small quantity of endorphins. This natural morphine gives you a sense of well being and elation. It makes you feel happy an ...more
Msgadget
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: productivity
This my second Brian Tracy book I've re-read in a month as well as the second in my new 'shower series', which are audiobooks I listen to while getting ready for the day. And, the beginning of this one brought out my inner snark, I won't lie, but, as it went on I picked up quite a lot of actionable steps to achieving goals. Now goals are what we should all have and work toward. Unfortunately, they can be like resolutions, promises one makes will all the best intentions but which sorta peter out ...more
Sepas
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
It actually has some very good points and it sure is a motivational quotes... but according to other books like millionaires fast lane it is a little bit less realistic... e.g. he says if you try to save as little money as a dollar each day( I don't remember the exact thing) you will be a millionaire in 50 or so years and he tells it like it's a super awesome thing to be a millionaire when you're 70 years old! but it's not...
The Billionaire A...: Goal Setting Teleseminar Part IV 1 4 Jul 19, 2012 10:14AM
  • The Power Of Focus
  • Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude
  • Winning with People
  • Little Gold Book of Yes! Attitude: How to Find, Build and Keep a Yes! Attitude for a Lifetime of Success
  • You'll See It When You Believe It: The Way to Your Personal Transformation
  • Unlimited Power : The New Science Of Personal Achievement
  • Acres of Diamonds
  • Zig Ziglar's Secrets of Closing the Sale: For Anyone Who Must Get Others to Say Yes!
  • The Millionaire Mind
  • The Art of Exceptional Living
  • 10 Natural Laws of Successful Time and Life Management
  • The Choice
  • What to Say When You Talk to Yourself
  • The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth
  • Rich Dad's Before You Quit Your Job: 10 Real-Life Lessons Every Entrepreneur Should Know About Building a Multimillion-Dollar Business (Rich Dad's (Paperback))
  • Write It Down, Make It Happen: Knowing What You Want And Getting It
22033

Brian Tracy has consulted for more than 1,000 companies and addressed more than 5,000,000 people in 5,000 talks and seminars throughout the US, Canada and 55 other countries worldwide. As a Keynote speaker and seminar leader, he addresses more than 2
More about Brian Tracy...

“A goal, however, is something distinctly different from a wish. It is clear, written, and specific. It can be quickly and easily described to another person. You can measure it, and you know when you have achieved it or not.” 3 likes
“The seventh key is that you must have a major definite purpose for your life. You must have one goal that, if you accomplish it, can do more to help you improve your life than any other single goal.” 3 likes