Start by marking “Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible” as Want to Read:
Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible

Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible

Based on more than 20 years of experience and 40 years of research, this book presents a practical, proven strategy for creating and meeting goals that has been used by more than 1 million people to achieve extraordinary things in life. Author Brian Tracy explains the seven key elements of goal setting and the 12 steps necessary to set and accomplish goals of any size. Usi ...more
Published November 1st 2004 by Berrett-Koehler Publishers (first published November 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Goals!, please sign up.
Sepas 1- work hard cause that's the key ( it really is)
2- be patient
3- never lose faith in what you're doing …more
1- work hard cause that's the key ( it really is)
2- be patient
3- never lose faith in what you're doing (less)

Start your review of Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible
Mikayel Galstyan
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
I started reading this book because my mom suggested it. She thought it would be a good book to get me to set good new years resolutions. To be honest, even though this book probably isn’t meant for a 13-year-old kid, it was actually really interesting. The plot of the book; well there really wasn’t a specifically set plot. The book started out with him talking about how he changed his life and how we can all change our life’s if we set reasonable goals. The book also goes over key points on wha ...more
Eric
Apr 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: business, self-help
This is a good book if you want to set some good goals. Of course, that's what I wanted to do. And thanks to this book, I now have set some good goals. As you can probably guess this book has a lot to say about setting goals, but it's not just about the tactics and quick tips. It also covers a lot of the psychology of setting goals as well. There is a lot to read and it can get a little convoluted, but the book basically follows these five points:

1. Get in the right frame of mind. Accept comple
Mary
Mar 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I'm not a business person. In fact I'm the opposite of that right now -- a stay-at-home mom. I was skeptical of this book when it was recommended to me because I don't need to "double my income" (twice of nothing is still nothing!) After reading it I see that it is a practical resource for readjusting my focus and my attitude. I am interested in regaining purpose in my day-to-day life. This book really helps with that.

Who knows,someday I will be back in the money-making game and this book will
Vaishali
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-improvement
Reading Tracy is like walking through a field of flowers, and every now and then ducking that glorious, exhilarating butterfly. After enough of his books, even the prettiest of flowers might cease to impress, but those butterflies! I've included both:

Notes :
-------

"When you are absolutely clear about your goal, you do not even have to know where it is or how to achieve it. By simply deciding exactly what you want, you will begin to move unerringly toward your goal and your goal will start to m
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very powerful and inspirational read!

Goals! offers you practical pieces of advice on establishing what it is that you really want and how to get it.

Brian Tracy emphasizes on the importance of setting goals the correct way. All you have to do is set a realistic goal, make a clear practical plan, and get busy doing what needs to be done to make it happen.

You see, if you really want to achieve your goals; you have got to internalize them, you have to make them a part of you and your life. By do
J.S.
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took me about six months to get through this book. Not because it was boring or a tough read. I believe a book like this needs to be read when your mind is ready to accept it.

Tracy talks about how your mind can postpone certain events in your life. To me, my mind held me up for a while, but certain events occurred in my life that bolted me past the hurdles.

I have been using the techniques laid out in this book, and I already feel myself focusing on the things that are most important to me. It
Joseph
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it
A seemingly disciplined book, realistic and practical on various methods, formulas, and principals, for laws of goal-setting. But it’s basically “Law of Attraction” meets realistic, clearly defined steps, such as calendarizing. The author uses many quotes which are interesting but move it towards being just another carbon copy of similar books. The problem is the simplistic nature of the topic and the book is stretched out too long. It repeats concepts over and over using different words and ter ...more
David Hooper
Oct 31, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people with goals
This is a great book. Well organized and easy to get through. Brian Tracy comes from a sales background, so if you're in sales, it will especially work for you. If not, it's still worth a look, since the information here applies to anybody who wants to get more accomplished and the goals you set don't have to be anything to do with business.

I read a lot and have read a lot of material on this particular subject. Out of everything I've been through, this is the one I'd recommend to friends. It's
Aura
Oct 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
***For more reviews, contests, interviews, book news and more go to my blog:

This is the second Brian Tracy book I have read and he is fast becoming my favourite career advice authors. In this book Tracy discusses the importance of goal setting and what a difference it can make to achieving what it is you want in life.

His advice is clear, concise and easy to follow. There are some moments where it gets slightly repetitive and some areas that I thought could h
Sohaib
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
To be honest, I haven't gotten through this book. I doubt even if this is the kind of book to get through once and then shelve it done.

This is a partner of a book. To keep shelving and unshelving whenever you need it. I'm constantly adopting fragments from it into my daily routine ... and right now, I can honestly say that this is one of the most resourceful books I've ever read.

I'm likely to modify this review depending on how things turn out in the future as I take in more with experience.
Garland Vance
May 25, 2012 rated it did not like it
Imagine a book that takes the most basic advice on goal setting and interweaves that with pop-psychology and fails to grapple with reality and you will have imagined this book.
If you are looking for a good book about goal setting that grapples with reality, read David Allen's Making It All Work. He has a great chapter on goal setting which also includes advice on transforming your goals into reality.
Skip Brian Tracy's work on Goals.
Jason
Jul 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Good Book. Nice Tips. It would have sufficed to read summarized notes of the authors ideas. Great Plan/ Tips. The one thing that I am have a challenge with these kinds of books is they give you so many steps to do while you are reading it. It would take a month to do all the activities. A great book should be able to be condensed into three great ideas. Otherwise it's too much. I enjoyed the beginning and the end most of all. I will review this book in the future.
Shitiz Srivastava
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brian Tracy has written so many books that it is difficult to keep a tab of every book he has ever written.

He started by taking workshops for salesman and then wrote books about it. It was all related to how you can get success as a salesperson but later as his knowledge grew so was his knowledge and he now he writes about how to attain success for anyone.

Initially, I hated him because he advertises himself too much on the internet but I have to give him credits on one thing, he does it pretty
Nothanks
Some valuable points but overall not succinctly put, way too many sub-sections for what is an overall simple topic to cover. I stopped paying attention around page 180 as it just started to drag on and essentially be predictable permutations based off the points in the first few chapters. The silver lining to this book is the somewhat inspirational point it makes - essentially everyone (at least if you aren't horribly oppressed) has potential to achieve just about anything they want and 80% of w ...more
Carolina Esteves de Andrade
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
If you want to know more about setting goals I recommend the book Goals! from Brian Tracy. On this book Brian Tracy guide you through the entire process since clarifying what you want, to helping you measure your progress, create an action plan, manage yourself and set your priorities in order to achieve your goals in a more effective and efficient way.
Matt
Mar 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone with an ounce of ambition or a dream to achieve
Recommended to Matt by: My dad
Shelves: re-reading
I just finished this book a week or two ago and have immediately begun to re-read it. It is packed with incredibly valuable and easily implemented tools to help you identify your goals and make clear plans to reach them.

Don't just float through life.

Highly recommended.
Vanga Srikanth
Nov 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want -- Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible Review by Vanga Srikanth

About the Author
Brian Tracy is Chairman and CEO of Brian Tracy International, a company specializing in the training and development of individuals and organizations. He has consulted for more than 1,000 companies and addressed more than 4,000,000 people in 4,000 talks and seminars throughout the US, Canada and 40 other countries worldwide. As a Keynote speaker and seminar leader, he addresses
Sudeep Ghogare
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
You can only describe your life story. you cannot tell other people what to do, it's their life and they can do whatever the hell they want to do. This book literally gave me anxiety, it was giving me chills, ordering me to to do the same stuff the authour did. Like no, I want to do it my way, you are not my dad.
Amanda
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Despite its cover, this book is actually really useful when it comes to planning goals and working toward them every day. The advice in here is sound, and the author outlines exercises and habits that can help you achieve your ends faster and easier. Plus, there aren't a ton of corny anecdotes and overly personal tales. If you're into self-development, this is a must-read.
Doug Hensel
Mar 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Good book to motivate you to reach for your goals.
Nahiyan Asadullah
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
This book made me believe that if you really have trust in your guts, you'll be able to achieve literally anything and everything. The tips mentioned in the book are all practical & actionable. ...more
Nguyen Huu Anh Vu
The author manages to glue many concepts together and create a useful guideline on how to set goal.
The book is collection of best practices in setting goals, presenting in 21 rules. Some highlights:
- Have a clear goal. Clear goal makes you decide easier, act faster and be focus
- Be positive.
- Have schedules/plans, based on importance and urgency
- Remind of your goal every morning you wake up and every night before going to bed.
- Act! One bit at a time.
- Hangout with similar people.
- More...
Barrie
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book helped me put a plan together and focus on both my short and long term goals. Now I really could not stress enough about putting a plan together when you set out any future goals or dreams, big or small
Arnulfo Cardona
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a great guide for setting a goal.

My expectations was to find a book to motivated my self maintaining focus on my personal goal. At the end I think helped me.
Bernie
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Art Piece by Brian.... It's the 1st book ever i read on this TOPIC, I`m ready & excited this year to set up my Goals, "WRITTEN GOALS" for the NEXT DECADE!
I think this BOOK deserves a WORKBOOK, it's such an important Topic, decisive Topic.
You have provided some exercises but I'd love to see an WORKBOOK to work with side by side like **Eat that Frog Series!
There are hundreds of quotes I love in this book, I found this one ver powerful:

Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life, and when it com
Brian Weisz
Some useful stuff. Some of it is woo-woo.
Rob
Jan 23, 2020 rated it liked it
I'm torn. There are a lot of sound advice in this book, I just don't know why this is called Goals! It's more than that but it's dragging.
Saviour Mwaba
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just what I needed to start a New Year with straightened goals.
Strings
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brian Tracy, the OG, you can’t go wrong with this one! Take notes and apply his instructions!
Pradyuman Singh Rajput
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book is a must read for those who are intending for goal setting to achieve their highest possible level in their respective fields.
this book inspires and boosts the reader to have big goals and not merely simple tasks
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
  • The Power of Focus
  • Winning with People
  • Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth
  • Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny!
  • The Power of Positive Thinking
  • See You at the Top: 25th Anniversary Edition
  • How to Have Confidence and Power in Dealing with People
  • Law of Success
  • The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness
  • Multiple Streams of Income: How to Generate a Lifetime of Unlimited Wealth
  • The Science of Getting Rich
  • Why We Want You To Be Rich: Two Men, One Message

He has consulted for more than 1,000 companies and addressed more than 5,000,000 people in 5,000 talks and seminars throughout the US, Canada and 55 other countries worldwide. As a Keynote speaker and seminar leader, he addresses more than 250,000 pe

News & Interviews

“A goal, however, is something distinctly different from a wish. It is clear, written, and specific. It can be quickly and easily described to another person. You can measure it, and you know when you have achieved it or not.” 4 likes
“The great summary statement of all religions, philosophies, metaphysics, psychology, and success is this: You become what you think about most of the time. Your outer world ultimately becomes a reflection of your inner world. Your outer world of experience mirrors back to you what you think about most of the time. Whatever you think about continuously emerges in your reality.” 4 likes