Start by marking “The God In The Clear Rock” as Want to Read:
The God In The Clear Rock

The God In The Clear Rock

2.99  ·  Rating details ·  173 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
"Seriously one of the greatest things I've ever read." - - Wil Wheaton

In 50 hours, the world as we know it will end… Like a celestial alarm clock, the sun is about to enter a cycle of giant storms that will decimate life on Earth and destroy our modern civilization. It’s happened before, but it was long before humans even had writing. Now it will occur again in 50 hours. A
Published (first published April 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The God In The Clear Rock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The God In The Clear Rock

Michel Clasquin-Johnson
Jul 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
Must EVERY character in this story be superhumanly attractive, smart and rich? Must there be a phrase like "they would meet again fifteen years later, but they didn't know that yet" on every page? And it's OK to have two storylines in one book, but they have to connect somewhere along the line!
Tess Coil
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good page turning thriller, that leaves you with a cliffhanger ending.

Be warned, there is the typical male gaze when dealing with the solo (of course) female in the story. But her character is awesome.
David
Jan 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
Oh, god. Just don't.
Rich
Jan 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed the book right up until the last page where I realized the author had written the book and then cut it in half so I'd buy the second half. Talk about a cliff hanger!

There are two seemingly unrelated as of yet stories in the book. The first involves what appears to be a hole in the earth's magnetosphere that causes anyone in it (or anything) to be microwaved, burned, severely damaged by solar radiation that gets through now that the magnetosphere isn't doing it's Van Allen best to
Joe
Aug 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I just finished this book a few moments ago. I normally let a book settle a couple of days before writing any type of review, but I figured I should just write this now and I can always edit it later.

This book was recommended to me by my brother who said I would like it, (we like similar books). I started reading it about a month ago, but couldn't really get into it. I could never get used to the drastic time changes between chapters, some being 500+ years. So, I set the book aside for about a
Thesalus
Jan 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
The story was enjoyable, but I don't think it works very well as a standalone book, as it doesn't even begin to resolve many issues; it read more like the first section of a longer book. However, the author tends to put in too much back-story, whose only purpose I could discern was to adulate a character for the superlative aspects of their personality (e.g., intelligence, beauty, manipulation) under the thin veneer of explaining one of their actions. Overall, I think my opinion may vary dependi ...more
Chris
Jan 16, 2015 rated it did not like it
This is the kind of book that gives self-publishing a bad name, but at the same time says, if this guy can publish a series of books, so can I.

If you think I'm being mean, download it for free and check yourself. But don't spend money on it. You'll be sorry you spent time on it.

Seriously needed an editor to cut through some of the prose. Terrible dialogue and metaphorical descriptions. Could not finish the book.
S James
Jun 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
A lot of technology in a small package, it's a series and there is many more to come. The author is a scientist, inventor, and has a way of adding the current tech into his book. Interesting writing style. For a weekend free reading, it wasn't bad. I might send the $3 for the next addition. By no-means a Hemingway, Shakespeare, or Jim Butucher, but fun to read.

Dominik
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
Could not finish the book, some concepts were intriguing but the monotony reading about how awesome every main character is, the repetition of statements, names, descriptions, over and over just becomes insulting at a point, ya I get it, now get to the point.

Don't recommend this book to anyone.
Babette
Dec 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I have three favorite fictional characters:

Harry Dresden from Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files
Aloysius Pendergast from Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child's Relic series
Jay-L Farnsworth from this, The Ancients of Earth Series
Nikki Wotherspoon
Aug 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
Loved the premise of this book, but HATED how the author went off on childish political rants, having tantrums for whole chapters and sexually objectifying his main female character at every turn. It ruined the entire book for me and I'll never read another thing this author writes ever again.
Stacy
Aug 26, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the book and look forward to the next book. I would have given four stars but his political views were a real turn off for the book. Fortunately that didn't come until the end of the book. It ends on a cliffhanger so you have to read the next book.
Chris
Mar 02, 2014 rated it did not like it
Not worth it
Rachael
Nov 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
I like the protagonist! She is like a sexy Indiana jones! I wish it hadn't cut off quite soo suddenly
Weavka32
Jan 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Takes a bit to get into, but is worth it. The story is fantastic but the writing stlye in the beginning is a bit off.
Grantre
  • United Moon Colonies
  • Blue Haired Alien Girlfriend
  • The Big Jump
  • Astronauts and Heretics
  • The Burning Sky (Halcyon #1)
  • Freedom Incorporated
  • Realms Unreel
  • The Little Universe
  • There Goes the Galaxy (There Goes the Galaxy #1)
  • Stars Rain Down (Biotech Legacy, #1)
  • Zendegi
  • The Ware Tetralogy (Ware, #1-4)
  • Gabriel's Redemption
  • If at First . . .
  • Ninja
  • Spalding's Scary Shorts
  • The Phoenix Conspiracy (The Phoenix Conspiracy, #1)
  • The Grendel's Shadow