Start by marking “Marshmallow Skye (The Chocolate Box Girls, #2)” as Want to Read:
Marshmallow Skye (The Chocolate Box Girls, #2)

Marshmallow Skye

(The Chocolate Box Girls #2)

Skye and Summer Tanberry are identical twins, and Skye loves her sister Summer more than anyone else in the world. They do everything together, but lately Skye's been feeling like second-best - it's the story of her life. And when her friend Alfie confesses he's fallen not for her, but for Summer, it hurts. Skye wants to be her own person, but with an effortlessly cool ...more
Published September 1st 2011 by Puffin Books (first published January 1st 2011)

Start your review of Marshmallow Skye (The Chocolate Box Girls, #2)
Amy
Feb 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I finished this book yesterday, and Cathy Cassidy is my favourite author. I would recommend this book for ages 9+.
Positives;
-Skye and her family is so believable. That's what i love most about this book, the fact that it feels like i'm having a conversation with Skye, or it feels like i'm looking inside her brain. Obviously most books are like this, but Marshmallow Skye really stood out to me in the way the story was described.
-Cathy's style of writing is brilliant. Similar to making her
TheBookAddictedGirl
Sep 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone! It's Sweet and Moreish With a Paranormal Twist!
4½ Out of 5
Skye Tanberry feels like shes constantly living in her identical twins shadow. Skye loves Summer more than anything But shes tired of feeling second best, like a mirror girl. So when Skye finds a trunk full of beautiful old clothes, belonging to a long-dead relative, she sees an opportunity to be different. Only, when she tries the dresses on, she has dreams. Dreams that feel real. Dreams in which she doesnt feel herself Dreams in which she is Clara Travers, her dead relative, dead
Cat
Tyra Jelly
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, the ending especially. I love how some people would be able to relate to Skye's situation and how she feels. If you enjoyed other Cathy Cassidy books, you will probably enjoy this one
Robin Stevens
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sweet, romantic and lovely - a gorgeous bite of family life. I love Cathy's writing, and this series is delightful!
Chloe
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was incredible.
It's all about Skye, who is intrigued by the past and History. She loves to wear vintage clothes and tries to stay with her twin sister, Summer. But she also feels like she is in Summer's shadow as the lesser-liked twin. She finds a box of historical items from a girl called Clara, and starts to dream her memories. Within these dreams she also meets Jamie Finch (she just calls him finch) and tries her best not to fall in love, as she believes he isn't actually real.
Millie
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was sad in the middle but it ended with an happy ending.
Thalia
Jul 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Notice I rated this five star- I loved it. It is such a briliant book. Some parts that stick in my mind are when Alfie buys Summer the clip and Skye is watching Alfie, when Alfie tries so hard to be cool, and get noticed by Summer in a way that isnt 'Ew. A whole doughnut all in one go?' but in a good way. Its a perfect read for when you want to curl up with a hot chocolate and fluffy slippers when it's raining; (Or even snowing!)And, people can relate to the characters.
Some things....
A) I love
linzi
Jul 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childhood-books
Oh boy oh boy oh boy. Nostalgia is really kicking in, hard :((((

or maybe :) ?

I dont really know. All I know is this book brings back so many memories & feelings from when I was younger (youngER! Im on 17 now lmao) and I remember relating to Skye in a way that Id never related to a character before. Feeling second-best, a love for history and vintage clothes, and preferring to live in a fantasy world than in reality... that dug deep when I was 10 (?) lemme tell ya

But seriously, I loved
Emma
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this book mainly because of how relatable skye is. Skye Tanberry feels like her twin sister is way better than her so when she gets a trunk of old vintage clothes from a dead relative skye starts having weird dreams that are sweeter than real life.
Cathy Cassidy has wrote Marshmallow skye in a more mature and mysterious way. This is my favourite book from her mainly because of the main character, skye. the unique writing style she has used and the relationship between skye and her twin
Dannum
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is the sequel for cherry crush. I really like this book. At first i thought its gonna be weird if we read the story from another point of view, butt OMG i really like this one there's also a mystery in this book when skye was finding out about Clara. And this book makes me get the whole series better.
Serena
Nov 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
All of the Cathy Cassidy books are very good, but the Chocolate Box Girls series are my favourites.

I like the way that Skye's so scared of reality, so she hides in her dreams, in her mind, where no one else can see. I'm sure we've all done this at some time of our lives.

Amazing book!
Martha
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Aw this book was cute and sad at the same time. Skye is such a lovely girl, and I think out of all the sisters I'm most like her, because she loves history, and so do I, we look very similar and have the same kinda style. Can't wait to read Summer's Dream!!
Melisa
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
i think this is a great book. At the end there is a great twist as skye meats flich. This is reall good book that i finished it in a day.
Kat
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I remember Cathy Cassidys agony aunt column been one of my favourite features in Shout which I read for several years. It was only when I was much older that I found she had wrote fiction. I enjoyed these as adult but would have loved to have read them as a teenager.
Cassidy really gets teenage girls and the voice of the main character felt very authentic and real and was therefore very relatable even to a reader who has let teenager years behind. I thought the other thing Cathy Cassidy did
Sylvs (NOVELty)
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Alas I revisit one of my favourite childhood authors :)

And believe it or not this is one Cathy Cassidy book I haven't read yet and so I thought I'd make my younger midget self happy by finally getting around to it.

Now, when you read Cathy Cassidy's books you expect to think of I guess in a way freedom, daydreams and happiness but what I got in Marshmallow Skye was a borderline creepy ghost story that made me happy but low-key give me chills. If only I read this during the period of time in my
Hanna
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, contemporary
The chocolate Box girls serie is really a cute romance perfect for summer!
And I have to say that I liked this one more than the first one.

In this book, we follow one of the twin Skye during a particular difficult time for her. She is growing and becoming slowly a teenager and the transition is quite difficult for her.
She doesnt have much confidence in her, and she cant stop comparing herself to her twin sister.
Skye also has a hard time because of her big sister Honey who cant accept the new
HollyPotter
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Of all the books so far, I feel like I can relate to Skye the most. She is by far my favourite character and I would love to read more books with her being the main focus.

Skye constantly feels like she is in the shadow of her twin sister Summer. She loves her sister and wants the best for her, but everyone wants to be someones first choice, right? Its only natural for her to start feeling slightly resentful.

Ive gave this book 5/5 stars, simply because I love Skye and feel quite similar to her in
Mjenney21
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I adore this book, the way it wraps modern and historical tales together. The story of Clara Travers captivated me even more than Skye (but Im a history geek, so ya know) but I love how each book allows you to fully understand each character. As always, a book is not perfect, I think Millie is such an irritating and unnecessary character, and Id love to see more of Shay and Cherrys growth in their relationship from book one. But this book goes down like marshmallow, soft, sweet and makes you ...more
Sofie
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is a really good book, it has a lot of twist and turns which makes it really fun to read, I love how it is showing a really good perspective from Skye. It is a bit sad in some parts of the book but, then it turns out to be happy. This book teaches me a lesson to not be a shadow of somebody and do want they want to do but, to be myself and have courage.
Eliza-May Durdin
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Didn't enjoy this Cathy Cassidy book as much as I enjoyed the last one I read (Scarlett) but I've read the sneak peak of summer's dream and I have high hopes for it
Charlotte
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this book when I read it around 7 years ago and I adored this little throwback.

I think it's time to get back to my pile of books that I still haven't read!
Clara
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow !
Eugenia
Sep 02, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was one of my favorite books when I was younger and I've always been very fond of it. This series is a nice, simple read :)
Dearbhla Ní
Mar 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I thought it was kind of long winded and slow moving but enjoyed it.
ElishaHarrison
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
I thought about this book and it was ok 👌 but not the best that I've read it Carey's on from cherry crush so read that first
Rebecca
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book so much. I love the whole series. Amazing, I never want to put them down!
Darkness's Darling Queen
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My favourite book in the whole Chocolate Box Girls Series, I can relate to Skye so much...
Kate
Mar 24, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one has always been my favourite
Melissa
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That was a really cute read filled with dreams and history.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Summer or Skye? 10 25 Sep 25, 2014 11:21AM
Which will be best Marshmallow Skye or Summers Dream? 4 15 May 04, 2014 12:58PM
Marshmallow Skye 11 19 Aug 17, 2013 10:39AM

• Candyfloss
  • My Sister Jodie
  • Sapphire Battersea (Hetty Feather, #2)
  • Diamond (Hetty Feather, #4)
  • Lola Rose
  • Opal Plumstead
  • Hetty Feather (Hetty Feather, #1)
  • Vicky Angel
  • Girls in Love (Girls, #1)
  • Clean Break
  • Cookie
  • Geek Girl (Geek Girl, #1)
  • The Whispers in the Walls (Scarlet and Ivy, #2)
  • Lily Alone
  • Little Stars (Hetty Feather, #5)
  • Dandelion Clocks
  • Emerald Star (Hetty Feather, #3)
  • The Lottie Project
I was born in 1962 in Coventry (scarily ancient, I know). I wrote my first picture book for my little brother when I was eight or nine. I loved making comics, too - pages and pages of picture stories, features and competitions.

I went to Art College in Liverpool, then got a job as fiction editor on the fab and legendary Jackie magazine.

I have worked as agony aunt on Shout magazine and also as an

The Chocolate Box Girls (7 books)
  • Cherry Crush (The Chocolate Box Girls, #1)
  • Summer's Dream (The Chocolate Box Girls, #3)
  • Coco Caramel (Chocolate Box Girls, #4)
  • Sweet Honey (Chocolate Box Girls, #5)
  • Fortune Cookie (Chocolate Box Girls #6)
  • Moon and Stars