Start by marking “Fuzzy Logic” as Want to Read:
Fuzzy Logic

Fuzzy Logic

De wetenschap gebruikt de wiskunde om de natuur mee te beschrijven. Het heeft veel voordelen: de taal is universeel, het maakt rekenen aan de gebeurtenissen om je heen mogelijk en je stuit nog een op onvermoede verschijnsels. Er geldt echter één nadeel: de wiskunde is exact en de natuur niet. Een mathematisch model vergt exacte invoer, de mensen gebruiken vage beschrijving ...more
Published 1994 by Bodoni (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Fuzzy Logic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fuzzy Logic

Tom
Oct 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting, but not enough "hard" details for technically-minded readers, who will want to follow up with other reading.
Caitlin
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not quite enough detail on how fuzzy logic works, and now a little dated, but an interesting mathematical tale nonetheless.
Charles
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Classical logic forces all actions to be described by a rigid sequence of two option rules. By applying enough such rules, it is possible to eventually reach a reasonable approximation to the problem in question. However, such a method is cumbersome at best, so in 1964, Lotfi Zadeh, a professor of electrical engineering, invented a new reasoning system base on imprecise rules. Since the values are now placed within specified ranges, the system was given the unfortunate name "fuzzy." Eventually ...more
Pumpkinpi
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is great! The authors of Fuzzy Logic explain the history and the many uses of fuzzy logic clearly and concisely. It is really fun to explore the history of such a fascinating new science, and the book also does a good job going into the modern applications. My only problem with the book is that the authors fail to explain precisely what fuzzy logic is. If I had not already understood fuzzy logic before I read the book, I would barely have enjoyed it at all.
Sage
Jun 23, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Again, it's been years since I read this, but I learned how Japanese trains can slow down very quickly and still be smooth and how cameras are programmed to avoid shaky hands. They figured out how to have a percentage on/off switch. Not just 1111 or 0000 (which mean on or off in bit language or something..hey I'm an arts person), but part of that. Great reading for the scientifically curious but unskilled!
Peter
Great intro to Fuzzy Logic: This was the first fuzzy book I read. Just picked it up randomly, wondering what fuzzy is all about. It's easy to understand, non-technical, and very enlightening. If you are curious about fuzzy logic, or want to explore what could result in a major step forward in machine "intellegence" check out this book. I only gave it an 8 (not 10) because Kosko's "Fuzzy Thinking" is the best I've read. This book is not on the same level, but still very good.
Viet Phuong
Somehow over-dramatizing the birth, struggle, and rise of fuzzy logic with not enough understandable explanation, the book seemed to be written by two "hard-core" fans of fuzzy logic and was thus lack a decent degree of neutrality as a scientific non-fiction.
Chris Tabor
definitely a good read, though very little technical aspects are covered, and it mostly centers around the history of how fuzzy logic came to be.
Jim
Aug 01, 2010
Mzd
Jan 04, 2016
Nick Black
rated it did not like it
Dec 11, 2007
John
Oct 26, 2014
Hanna
Feb 11, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This made me nostalgic for the 90's. But I didn't learn what I wanted from it.
T.S. S. Fulk