Start by marking “Spring (Lakebridge #1)” as Want to Read:
Spring (Lakebridge #1)

Spring

(Lakebridge #1)

Vermont, picturesque and lovely, attracts visitors from across the country in search for the perfect picture, the perfect fall foliage or perhaps a taste of maple syrup. Stansbury is best known for the odd covered bridge that spans Stansbury Lake and goes nowhere, connecting no roads and serving no known purpose. The locals call it the Lakebridge. Very few know of its myst ...more
Published April 25th 2011 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Spring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spring

Elisa
Oct 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-rule-tour
Perfectly horrific. Dang, I am disturbed. Review to follow.
I am on the LakeBridge Summer First Rules publicity virtual book tour and was given this book as well as Summer. I like to read series in order whenever possible, even though it doesn't always happen, so I jumped on the chance to read them both. So glad I did, there is a lot of backstory that I think will be helpful in the next book. And it was creeptastic. I am quite disturbed actually.

Getting into this story took me a little while. It
Jessica
Jul 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, review-copy, signed, fave
It's sad really that I am not nearly eloquent enough to express just how great this book is. I can and will gush like the goof I am but in all seriousness this book is wonderful and I am just sorry that I can't convey with words how much of an impact it had.

The most interesting thing is that once I started reading the second in the series Lakebridge Summer I began to love the first even more. I think it has to do with the connection with the characters you come to care for them so much that see
Rhiannon Frater
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

The story definitely reminds me of Stephen King's works. It takes place in a small town in New England and there is a mysterious bridge haunted by an abiding evil. It's a solid premise and the foundation of the story is very well constructed and intriguing.

It's also a bit like King in that there are a lot of characters and all are interconnected in some way. Each time a character is introduced, we take a side road through their journey in life. There is a lot exposition in the story, b
Sally
Jun 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
The first book in the Lakebridge Cycle from Natasha Troop, Lakebridge: Spring, is an old-fashioned thriller. It's the kind of book that understands it takes more than just blood and gore to make a great story - it takes an interesting premise to hook readers, a unique setting to orient them within the story, well-developed characters to make them care about what happens next, and an author who truly enjoys spinning a tale to bring it all together.

This is a story where everybody, including the mo
Melissa Pomeroy
May 03, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One of the most boring books I have read in a long time. The author just rambles on about stuff and the book has no real story line.
Becca Smith
Jun 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! If you like old school Stephen King, you'll LOVE this book! Awesome read!
Kriss
There is a running theme on my website where I post my reviews first. It is a theme that fits within a sub-genre under horror in literature. But I have an issue with the term genre. When someone asks me what genre I read, I run my mouth off with a list of things that apparently fit the bill but frankly I read from where it has taken me emotionally, psychologically, intellectually and even physically. Horror is one of these things. It is not a genre, It is a term used by the masses because we as ...more
Red Haircrow
Jul 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
To read my recent interview with Natasha Troop, please visit Flying With Red Haircrow website http://flyingwithredhaircrow.wordpres...

"Clean, clear, crisp writing about dark magic and sinister scenes that gave me shivers both of pleasure at the sheer skill of the writing and the unpredictable nature of the story itself. Evident from the very start, the author’s plotting and pace was perfect, with visual descriptions that were never overwhelming or heavily wrought. They suited the story’s sense o
Lindsay Klug
Sep 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting read, to say the least. The story is centered around a bridge built by the founder of Stansbury, and supposedly a link to a realm few of us wish to encounter. I won't delve too deeply into the plot or details, as it would be difficult to explain without giving away the whole book.

One thing I noticed in this book was the intricate detail the author went into with each person's life. At times, this made the book a bit daunting, but at others it was interesting to read. The
Angel
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I can't even begin to tell you how much I both loved and sort of hated this book. I was breathless at times and just knew there was no way the author would be able to end the story satisfactorily in the pages allotted, but yet I still kept on. At other times I was overwhelmed by the multiple POV, way interesting use of extreme run-on sentences, and even the viewpoint of an animal. I'm not sure who I would suggest this book to, but I did love it. And hated it. Must go purchase the next one!
Kimberly
2.5 for good use of language. However, I just didn't care so much for the format. To me, it seemed like a long run-on sentence, with paragraphs that went over multiple pages. That took away a lot for me.
Char
Mar 05, 2013 marked it as dreaded-dnf
I did not finish this book.
I gave up around the 10% mark. There was a lot of solid text and no dialogue at all. I'm sorry to say that I was bored and struggled to even get to that point.
Perhaps I will try it again at some point in the future, but I doubt it.
Jenny Price
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Different but enjoyable. Enough to make me want to read the next one.
Samantha
Sep 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I definiely give this book 5 out of 5 stars!

If you are looking for a book with plenty of mystery, horror, character development, humor and a lot of suspense then this one is for you!
Megan
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was just exactly my sort of weird. The characters were great, the story was interesting. I can't wait to start the summer one.
Ali (Ali's Bookshelf )
Jun 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the flow and plot of this book, I must say I loved each character and how they got to tell the story, their take on it. I love getting to see all the different takes and sides of a story. No story is never only one sided and this one the author does a great job at showing each side.

I liked how descriptive the author was in this book as well, she really is great at painting the picture so you can see it all play out in your head. Plus she was great at the small tidbits of humor s
Peter
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book was slow from the start. Just when the storyline look like it might be getting interesting, it takes off in the opposite direction. I do not like to give up on a book but this one came really close.
Adreanna
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
I'm not sure how it's classified as a horror. I honestly felt that the author just rambled on about whatever. not too sure how I feel about this book. I was really hoping for a classic horror.
WTF Are You Reading?
Great read review pending.
E. Bard
Jul 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Working on the review today. More of a psychological horror. Can definitely see influences from other horror authors with the style - but the author's voice is original. Not what I was expecting.
Michelle Douglas
I am usually more than willing to give a book a good chance to be enjoyed, but this one was a complicated meander through a story which didn't seem to reach a destination
Terrie Lopez
Very different

The book is a slow starter. I wouldn't recommend reading this book if you're wanting something to pull you in quickly. It's a difficult book to get threat.
Karen
Mar 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: thrillers

Lakebridge: Spring

Odd, quirky tale!

This review is from: Lakebridge: Spring (Supernatural Horror Literary Fiction) (Kindle Edition)

This tale is an odd, supernatural one, which kept my attention, but frustrated me. There were many typos in the Kindle edition, which is distracting. The writing style is almost one long run on sentence. There are no chapters, just endless story. Lots of characters, all very quirky, but I was drawn into their lives. I did find it difficult to keep them all straight.
iamjenai
Aug 28, 2011 rated it it was ok

This review is not for the entire book as I have only read the first 50+ pages. I tried reading this many times, and I really could not get into the story.

The introduction was way too long for me, like a never ending one. The book has a lot of long narrative paragraphs (like 1-2 pages long) with very little dialogue, thus making the story hard to follow. It would have been better if there were more character dialogues instead of just narrating the whole story for the readers.

The book didn't wor
M.E. Mendrygal
Reading this book was a peculiar experience, to say the least. Written as a series of first-person narratives, the story unwound in an elliptical fashion, with the POV shifting among every character one encountered -- including the occasional moose or dog. It proved an interesting but not entirely successful creative device.

The narrative developed a tale that transformed slowly -- going from simply quirky to genuinely horrific -- like tracking the movements of a timepiece's minute hand. That is
Barbara Zeh
Jan 14, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: paranormal
Most of the time, I'm the kind of person that HAS to finish the book...even when I'm really not enjoying it. I'm not sure if it's the desire to know what happens, or just plain hoping it gets better. I was probably 80% of the way through this book before it even captured me in the slightest. I won't be reading the next one in the series...I just can't put myself through this again. I found it incredibly hard to follow, between flash backs with no warning, and then back to the present, and consta ...more
Wendy
Dec 07, 2013 rated it liked it
This is just an odd story and somewhat randomly put together. And it just sorta stops...no real ending; it just stops. I would hope that the second book in the series is better. I may even try to read it because I enjoyed the character development. It seems somewhat Stephen Kingish to me. Maybe the Summer book will tell more or just provide a more satisfactory ending.
Amanda
Not too bad but not good either

The story jumped around so much to was a little hard to follow. Character backgrounds were fuzzy and didn't make sense is some places. Ending was very sudden and without satisfaction. The only thing I really liked was the humorous inner dialogues of some of the characters.
Jennifer Giles Hinojosa
Feb 18, 2014 rated it did not like it
This book was a chore to read, almost painful. The run on sentences and paragraphs that went on forever were beyond tedious. This seemed more like a first draft than a finished book. I finished because I finish everything I start reading and was rewarded with a book that just ends. There was no pulling things together, no finale, it just ended. I would not recommend this book to anyone.
Bonnie
Apr 03, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. It has an interesting storyline and well developed characters. As a whole, it needed a little more editing. The chapters were very long. Some sections were a bit repetitive. I will be reading the next book in Mrs. Troop's series. I see a lot of potential here.

• Renegade (Devoncroix Dynasty, #3)
  • The Mortician's Wife
  • NorthWest (John Hazard, #2)
  • High Moor
  • Geddy's Moon
  • Little Terrors
  • Vermin
  • The Hunting Tree - Book One
  • Birth of the Nyxian (The Immortal Choice, #1)
  • The Dawning of Power (World of Godsland #1-3) (The Dawning of Power #1-3)
  • The Seventh Seal
  • Lineage
  • Hallowed Ground
  • Dismember
  • Beyond Hades (The Prometheus Wars, #1)
  • Tag (The Zumar Chronicles, #1)
  • Haunting Obsession
  • Revenant (Paskagankee #2)
Natasha grew up in Southern California currently lives in the Los Angeles area with her spouse, son, daughter and menagerie of pets.

Lakebridge (4 books)
  • Summer (Lakebridge #2)
  • Autumn (The Lakebridge Cycle, #3)
  • Winter (Lakebridge, #4)