Start by marking “100 Stories for Queensland” as Want to Read:
100 Stories for Queensland

Read Excerpt

100 Stories for Queensland

4.83  ·  Rating details ·  29 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
100 STORIES FOR QUEENSLAND is a collection of flash fiction in aid of the survivors of the 2011 Queensland Floods. 100 STORIES FOR QUEENSLAND has something for everyone, from slice of life to science fiction, fantasy to romance, paranormal to literary fiction. Heart-warming, quirky, inspiring and funny, the stories between these covers will lift readers to higher ground. C ...more
Published May 3rd 2011 by Emergent Publishing

To ask other readers questions about 100 Stories for Queensland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Stories for Queensland

Jun 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This collection is a remarkable assortment of stories across numerous genres with something to suit, no matter what your tastes, age, or background. The stories have been drawn from around the world and all over Australia. A smorgasbord and it is all for a very good cause, helping Queensland's flood victims rebuild their shattered lives.

Whether you are an animal lover [try "Kittens!" by Sam Adamson] or you want a belly-laugh of a read [try "Why Can't I take Life Easier?" by Keith Havers], someth
Theresa Milstein
May 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Jodi Cleghorn and the other editors did an impressive job on this anthology. I couldn't find typos, and they stayed true to the Australian, American, and British versions of English depending on the nationality of the particular author. I've noticed books printed from big publishers with typos. An undertaking this big being tight is impressive.

The stories varied from time travel, making a wish and having it come true, animals, humorous, relationships, and more. I would say I was really impressed
Cameron Trost
May 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A great collection of flash fiction written by up-and-coming authors from around the world and published as a flood relief fundraiser for the state of Queensland, Australia. There are all kinds of fascinating tales in this collection, truly something for everyone - kids and adults alike, fans of romance, humour, fantasy, sci-fi, mystery or just quirky little tales. Above all, this collection is an absolute must for ALL Australians.
Karen Field
May 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
100 stories. 100 authors. 100 unique ideas published in one book. The stories are extra short and touch on all kinds of wonderful things that stir the emotions. I found myself snickering while reading one story and crying (in a good way) when reading another.

Most of the stories are light-hearted, set in every day situations. Some of the stories take you away from the world we know and drop you in a fantasy world or on an unknown planet/space ship. All of them give you a moment to appreciate lif
Evelyn
Apr 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories
This is such a great collection! There's a broad range of genres and subjects, some funny, some poignant. They're all very short, so it's good for dipping in and out of, for, say reading on the bus. My favourites were:

Coffee by Benjamin Judge- a fun, quirky little tale.
Confessions of a Toddler by Emma Kerry- Cute, and very true. It reminded me of a little person I know and love.
In a Jiffy by Catherine Miller- I liked the twist.
The Ballad of Arkady and Nadia by Aaron Polson- I found this one bea
Laurie Clayton
Jan 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is packed with 100 feel-good short stories gathered from around the world.

Born in response to the Natural Flood Disaster that hit Queensland in 2010/2011; this Charity Anthology followed hot on the heels of '50 Stories for Pakistan' and the one that got the ball rolling '100 Stories for Haiti.'

'100 Stories for Queensland' combines the skills of both established and new writers, of which I was the latter, and all proceeds are sent to the appropriate charity in Queenland.
Kelly Erickson
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful, uplifting collection of very short, feel good stories. And an added benefit, proceeds go to help people rebuild their lives after the massive flooding in Queensland. I pick this book up and read a story or two at random whenever I need a smile.
Moon Love
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic book for a great cause. The stories vary in genres and there are some fantastic ones, and one or two that went over my head. The stories are short and you'll fly through this book just as I did!
Len
Sylvia Petter
Pamela
May 07, 2011
Jodi Cleghorn
May 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Alie Deegz
Ruchira Mandal
Rebecca Emin
Apr 05, 2011
Joshua Donellan
May 02, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Toni Rakestraw
Aug 14, 2012
Margaret
is currently reading it
Aug 15, 2012
Goodreads Librari...: Please add my author name to these books 3 15 Apr 23, 2014 11:29PM
Jodi is an author, editor, poet and publisher with a penchant for the dark vein of humanity. She is the editor of 7 anthologies and publisher of a further 5. Her short stories have appeared in local and international publications.

"Elyora" (also published as "River of Bones"), an Australian gothic horror set in the New England Highlands, is her debut novella. She is also the co-author of the episto
More about Jodi Cleghorn