Start by marking “Lovesessed” as Want to Read:
Lovesessed

Lovesessed

A fun middle-grade novel. Phoebe, an ordinary 14-year-old American girl is hopelessly in love with Chase, a famous teen idol. When he fails to notice her at his concert, Liz, her best friend, and a budding chemist, plays Cupid by concocting a love potion. What could be sweeter than a love potion on Valentine s Day? But when Phoebe gets more than she wished for, is it what ...more
Published February 16th 2012 by Pamela Diane King (first published July 11th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Lovesessed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lovesessed

Maggie
May 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
In summary this book was boring and predicable. It was about this girl who pretty much made a wish that in the end realized she didn't really want and opens her eyes to what's right in front of her. To be honest I forced my self to finish this book. I hated the Phoebe character she was so infatuated in her fantasy that she wasn't even listening to what her friends were saying.
Massiel Escobar
Dec 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short, sweet and cute like a cupcake, except is a teen short novel. I enjoyed it. It didn't contain any strange and/or supernatural love triangles like today's fashion. But it's nice for a good laugh and easy reading for an idle hour.
Ann Herrick
Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Short, cute, sweet story. The main character is 14 and the story is quite innocent, so probably for readers 10-14 in particular, but works for those young in heart and/or who just enjoy flashing back to that age too. :)
Carmin
Sep 20, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The main character has absolutely no depth. And it's first person. It's a story about some stupid, brainless, cyborg that needs to get slapped in the face about a gazillion times with the obvious before she recognizes it.
Natalie Heidenreich
Jun 07, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book was freaking awful. The author has the writing capability of an eight-year-old. The main character is an airheaded ditz, and I sincerely hope that no teenage girl would EVER actually act like this. Don't read it. A complete waste of time.
Matheus
Dec 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Again navigating the short free books from Amazon, I ended up finding Lovesessed, a book that caught my attention and that the theme seemed to be everything I wanted at the time. Something good teen, lightweight and cliché. The short novel of Pamela Diane King alludes to the girls who are obsessed with teen idols.

The Carson band, where the singer and passion of Phoebe, Chase, play has several references to the Jonas Brothers, as it is a band of brothers and operates in adolescents. The coolest t
Esther
Jul 09, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
I give 5 stars based on the following things: characters, setting, theme, plot/story, and conflict/resolution. There will be SPOILERS. So, here we go!

Characters
0 stars.

Seriously, they stunk.

Setting
0 stars.

It wasn't really believable.

Theme
1 star.

What the hell. True love is always the best friend in these situations and that was predictable by page 2, but it sort of taught a good lesson: true love isn't always physical and you have to know a person to really love them, blah blah blah. I'll give
Gabby
Dec 09, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*There may be spoilers in this review, but big ones will be marked*

Actual Rating: Somewhere between 2 and 3 stars
Favorite Character: Ben

Of course this is a really obvious story from the start. I knew from the first chapter what was going to happen. (view spoiler)
I love Ben so much and think t
Jordan
Jun 23, 2014 rated it did not like it
Okay, so this book was awful. And I know that it was middle-grade, so it wasn't right for my age group, but I have read and loved middle grade before.

First of all, there was absolutely nothing in my power that I could do to connect with any of the characters. It was written in first person, but I couldn't actually feel anything about Pheobe.

The love triangle... was so sloppily constructed. And Instalove in so many ways.

The whole book was cheesy, but ESPECIALLY Chase. Everything that came out o
Vicki
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book was a cute read, but written more for someone around 12 years old. I think that even though the main character is 14, most 14 year old girls might be bored with the book.

Phoebe is a "lovesessed" girl who is in love with Chase Carson, a band singer. She fantasizes about him all the time. She has a best friend by the name of Ben who actually has it bad for her, but she only thinks of him as a friend.

One day her friend Liz comes up with a way they can get Chase to fall in love with her:
Madison Woods
Jul 08, 2014 rated it did not like it
One word that can sum this book up? Cliché.

If you judge a book by its cover, I would not even think this would be considered a middle-grade novel. I know that a lot of authors go to the extreme to get a point across, which this author did.

Do not fall in love with a teenage idol with a potion made by a fourteen year old.

The book moves too fast, even for me. A lot of people do not like books that move slowly, like me. However, this book just moved like this:

conflictclimax(is it really a climax?)r
Sara
This was a cute short read meant for girls half my age. Phoebe is a 14 year old girl lovesessed with rockstar Chase Carson. She just knows that if she meets him, he will fall in love with her. Her and her friend Liz come up with a plan to make a love potion for Valentine's Day, and to mail it to him in a box of chocolates. And it ends up actually working! Very silly. By the end Phoebe learns what real love is, and that her love obsession may just be infatuation. This book is for 12 to 15 year ol ...more
Sara
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
It was a weird read. I can't say that I liked it, or that I didn't at all. It was all very childish. I mean, I like teen books, but this was too much. Too cheesy. I couldn't stand Phoebe. She was so stupid. Totally obsessed and totally out of her mind. And blind.
Instead, I liked Liz. And Ben. I loved Ben. So sweet and adorable.
Chase's lines were so cheesy that made me gag.
I'm glad it was short. And free.
I can admit, though, that at least I had a good laugh out of it.
It shows 2 stars but it's
Trisha
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
"Don't be silly. I'm not obsessed, I'm lovesessed."

this was just a silly light fluffy little read about a love-crazed 14 year old. But, does she really know what love is?

I was pretty glad it was short because, as light and fluffy as it is, Phoebe is pretty immature for a 14 year old girl (I have a 14 year old and she doesn't act anything like this).

I'm so glad neither of my daughters are all obsessed with boybands. lol
Angel **Book Junkie**
I think this book was cute but kind of cheesy and predictable. I felt that you could immediately tell what was going to happen and there was no reason to guess about anything! I felt that the characters were not developed and I KNOW that this book is written for teenagers yet I normally love those books. I just felt that the story was written quickly and the entire book felt as though it was rushed also. I just did not get it and the whole supernatural aspect of this book just seemed weird.
S. Policar
Feb 06, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a really cheesy… but cute story. It definitely sheds light on all of us young and old who have ever had a crush on a celebrity. I would definitely recommend this novella to anyone that’s “lovesessed” over someone famous. It’s worth the read
Donna
Jan 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Isn't that the truth? I think all young girls fall in love with their "Teen Idol". My handsome love crush was....wait for it....Donny Osmond and David Cassidy. A timeless story for all young (and old) girls. Thanks for another fun read.
Brittany Metcalf
Sep 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
This book was a cute short love story. It's about a 14 year old girl who becomes "lovesessed" with a celebrity. Its directed to girls around the ages of 10-14 but its a cute story. I recommend it to anyone that wants a quick short read.
Heav
Apr 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another great easy read by Pamela Diane King.
Ayesha
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Short ,Sweet and cute love story that made me "Awwww" in the end....
Mckenna
May 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Now see, this one I liked...
J.E. Kaster
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Not my cup of tea....
Kinsey Faucette
May 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was cute. I little childish, but cute.
Camryn
Mar 19, 2013 rated it liked it
it was ok better than some other books i've read. it still wasn't my favorite though.
Mia
May 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
The story line does have potential but the writing lacks flow and she tended to over explain herself sometimes
Adrienne
Such a cute story! *.*
Mie Thu
I read it last night!!! It's kinda predictable but cute:) this reflects the life of most airheads who fan girl to A WHOLE INSANE LEVEL!
Victoria
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read
Vannessa Harp
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is such a cute short read. Love this
Sheyla
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing!

• Craving Caroline (Star Crossed Lovers #1)
  • Hidden Gem (Hidden Gem, #1)
  • Just a Little Crush (Just a Little, #1)
  • The Girl Across the Street
  • Changing My Wardrobe
  • Confessions of a Teenage Band Geek
  • Putting Boys on the Ledge (The Girlfriend's Guide to Boys, #1)
  • Totally Tubular
  • Behind the Mirror (Return of the Ancients, #0.5)
  • If I Never Knew You (If I Never Knew You, #1)
  • Never Too Far
  • The Queen Bee of Bridgeton (Dancing Dream, #1)
  • Laura's Solo Honeymoon (The Ice Cream Shop Boy, #1)
  • Surrender My Heart (Subzero, #1.5)
  • Wildly
  • First Bite (Darkwood Manor, #1)
  • Agartha's Castaway - Book 2 (Trapped In The Hollow Earth, #2)
  • Pedro The Ugliest Dog In The World
Pamela Diane King has both Bachelor and Honours degrees in Psychology, as well as a Postgraduate Certificate in Education. Pamela is passionate about love, and is a hopeless romantic. Through her writing she hopes to inspire others to feel more love in their hearts. Her guilty pleasure is chocolate.