Start by marking “The Lost Book of Enki: Memoirs and Prophecies of an Extraterrestrial god” as Want to Read:
The Lost Book of Enki: Memoirs and Prophecies of an Extraterrestrial god

The Lost Book of Enki: Memoirs and Prophecies of an Extraterrestrial god (Earth Chronicles #6.25)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  918 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
The companion volume to The Earth Chronicles series that reveals the identity of mankind’s ancient gods

• Explains why these “gods” from Nibiru, the Anunnaki, genetically engineered Homo sapiens, gave Earthlings civilization, and promised to return

• 30,000 sold in hardcover

Zecharia Sitchin’s bestselling series The Earth Chronicles provided humanity’s side of the story conce
Published August 16th 2004 by Bear Company (first published October 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Book of Enki, please sign up.

Lolo Short answer... Nope!

Short answer... Nope!

Even me that I'm not at all skeptical about alternative origins, didn't find this book entertaining. So hard to read. A lot of irrelevant names. Hard to follow and understand any meaning.

Maybe it was just me, but personally I wouldn't even suggest it to a "believer", let alone a skeptic.(less)

Bradley
This is a flawed work, but even so it happens to be one of the most accessible complete translations of the Sumerian mythos from the creation tale all the way through Gilgamesh. For that, I can easily give it a 5 star. It's very readable, which is something of an amazing thing, considering most of the academic articles or having to rely on google for the information.

This being said, however, a lot of the legends seem to missing out on all the alternative tellings, some of which are frankly enorm
Yasemin
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The revelations in this book might be "too much" for general public so I recommend you to start with Michael Tellinger's "Slave Species of God" first. Tellinger successfully waters down the harsh facts of Sumerian history by throwing some genetic, astronomical and historical information while making measured references to The Lost Book of Enki.

Zecharia Sitchin was an amazing scholar and a passionate researcher whose work is totally underrated and wrongly hijacked by the wrong sort of audience. I
Omid Mankoo
Jan 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zachariah Sitchins books are detailed with actual translations of Ancient Cuniform (clay tablet) writings. They are Sumerian Writings , the language which brought about Aramaic, which in turn brought about Hebrew and Arabic. He is an Archeologist, and ancient script interpreter/translator. He delves into ancient texts, and clay tablet writtings, religious scriptures, artifacts, and drawings & visits museums, and sights of actual historical significance mentioned in various world scriptures, ...more
RevBrother
May 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m not sure what ancient tablets he used exactly and how much of this came out of his imagination, but it was a pretty neat read either way. This was the first book I’ve read by this author, but I guess he’s real famous and has been writing stuff like this for years. It’s all about how these aliens came to Earth thousands of years ago to get gold to fix their atmosphere. Then, they made humans to help them mine the gold. I thought it was a pretty neat book, and the theories all came together n ...more
Catarina C Gomes
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This made me physically sick. I felt my mind expand as I went through it. It goes towards everything ever written, connecting all the great first civilizations and most meaningful markers of the story of men, allowing us to make sense of it for the first time. I have been reading the bible for fun at the same time as Sitchin's books and they meet and translate everything in there. This book is history, is religion, is science. I'm only sorry no one gave me this to read as a kid.
Badger
Oct 25, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Let me also say that I have read all of Sitchin's books and found most, the first 3 or 4 at least, to be fascinating. I anxiously awaited this "Enki" book, because it was billed as a narrative that would fill in a lot of the gaps and answer a lot of my questions. It failed. It is written in a poetic style that is tedious and irritating; the reverse sentence structure in particular (think Yoda).

Rather than give any depth, insight, or fill in the gaps, it glosses over things as if they are a given
Ezequiel Roa
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You can go to YouTube and listen to Josh Reeves from The Global Reality read this Book of Truths. It will trip you out. The bible does not tell you the truth. People open your EYES and MINDS. This is the TRUE HISTORY of our PLANET and HUMANITY. Yes, this was written over 5000 years ago! They even talk about the FACE on MARS!
Jonathan Hoch
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lost book of Enki, I enjoyed. English grammar, forgotten have I.

A tip to read this: Dont worry about memorizing the names of the characters involved, they are mentioned quite often, and you will eventually understand where everyone's place and hierarchy, as you follow the narrative. The grammar, I got used to after about 30 pages or so. There is also a glossary of words and people at the back, which I didn't find until I read through the whole book. Would have probably helped comprehend more tha
Philip Dodd
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Several years ago I read a book called The Twelfth Planet by Zecharia Sitchin. I found it to be enjoyable, interesting, stimulating to read, the most convincing one I have read on what has become known as the Ancient Astronaut Theory. In his book, Zecharia Sitchin attempted to prove the theory was true, not through his study of ancient architecture, but that of ancient Sumerian texts, etched on stone tablets. The description of a god in his eagle winged helmet, landing on the top of a ziggurat i ...more
Bob Lackland
Jul 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book. Reading this gave me a much better understanding of the origins of much of our history, religion and very make-up as humans.

I highly recommend the book to those who might be open-minded about learning of our history and origins, but do not recommend it to anyone who is either immersed in religion or religious belief systems, nor to those who are totally skeptic about anything that is outside what we have been taught and exposed to during our lives.
Roberto G
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book the whole way through. Make sure you use the glossary while you read it to be able to understand especially the locations or regions referenced. This book is a total revelation! I recommend it very highly!!
Spaducci
Aug 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Possibly THE most important book written of ALL times!!!!

Chris
Sep 09, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is weird. The whole thing is written like Yoda speaks, super hard to follow.
Debbie Lowrance
All I can say is Wow! Keep an open mind. Another reviewer said it was about time science and religion come together. I totally agree!
Ariel
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
Amazing! As I read this book, everything just made sense!
Antonio
Everyone should read this...
Lee
May 31, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Lord Enki sets a task for Endubsar to take note of his words, this task will take 40 days and 40 nights, funnily enough that is exactly how long it feels it has took me to read this book.

I've had a slight interest in the Sumerians since I was about 13 or 14 and read Sepulchre by James Herbert, over the past 12 months I've watched countless documentaries on them, the Anunnaki and the planet Nibiru so I decided it was time to delve into the books, I kind of get the feeling this was a poor choice t
Erin MacMichael
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zecharia Sitchin's work makes me think and this book was no exception. Assembled from Sumerian clay tablets and told from the point of view of a scribe taking down the "great god Enki's" reflections, the text flows and reads like a long, epic ballad. It was an eye-opening account of what the ruling family and noble elite from Nibiru were supposedly capable of and what they did here.

As fascinating as it was, the book left me with numerous questions. If Sitchin were still alive, I'd want to ask hi
Pinar
Sep 16, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ben sevmedim.. açıkçası dünyayı kurduğu iddia edilen uzaylılardan biraz daha fazla medeniyet beklerdim. tamamen ataerkil, erkek egemen bir kültür. anlatılan dönemin dünyasından bile daha geri bir çerçeve. bir takım efsaneler, yaratılış hikayeleri harmanlanmış ama ben pek başarılı bulmadım.
Marina
Interessante romanzo fantascientifico.Nel nel testo non vi è nulla che dimostri la veridicità delle affermazioni che vi vengono fatte. Infatti Sitchin "ha ricreato" le memorie di Enki. La ricostruzione degli eventi è assolutamente ipotetica. Interessante se visto solo come un romanzo.
Oscar Ornelas
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story line. Interesting

A great sideline story of earth' beginnings. True or not, it clarifies many questions raised by evolutionist and creationist. Worth reading.
Ramin Ghafarpasand
این کتاب شاهکاره. اونقدر جذاب و مرموز پیش میره که تا آخر کتاب شوق خوندن دارید
RabidCheese
Nov 02, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It's a Stitchin book. It's more garbage ancient aliens drek. Don't read this is you value your brain cells.
Nora
Jun 26, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book takes many events straight from the Sumerian mythological texts, and even, to a large extent, shares their poetic format. What The Lost Book of Enki is, however, is a sci-fi novel, and personally, I would have found it a far more successful work if it had embraced its genre as opposed to presenting itself as an intact Sumerian epic, albeit without the trademark repetition of phrases which make real Sumerian epics so entertaining.
I do, however, give the author much credit for being bol
The Black Hat Writer
I don't know how much of what he translated from the Sumerian tablets has been translated properly, or was true to the word, but this book certainly lends some provoking possibilities to our history. The style is of ancient epic poetry and has some odd sentence structuring, but I chalk that up to being the language of the Anunnaki.

The mythology is fascinating and makes a lot of sense, theoretically, when filling in the gaps leftover by religion.

I know Sitchin has his detractors, as one would e
Antonio
Nov 24, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

O passado irá tornar-se o nosso futuro? A humanidade está destinada a repetir os eventos ocorridos em outro planeta, distante da Terra? Em 'O Livro Perdido de Enki', pode-se observar um relato autobiográfico concebido pelo Senhor Enki, um dos deus anunnaki, que conta a história da chegada desses extraterrestres à Terra, vindos do 12° planeta, chamado Nibiru. O objetivo de sua colonização era a busca pelo ouro, sendo este utilizado para reabastecer a atmosfera que estava morrendo em seu planeta n

Neida
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fascinating read, but I suppose only those who love ancient history and ancient mysteries could appreciate it. This translation of the Sumerian tablets dealing with their myth of creation was done by Zecharia Sitchin, a proponent of the ancient astronaut theory. Regardless of his views (which I think in general may have a lot of truth), he was a scholar and an expert in the Sumerian language. Any ancient history buff would enjoy this.
Jay
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fascinating text. If true, it explains much of human history, even up to the present. I am inclined to think it is an accurate account of what is often thought of as human pre-history. Also, it explains the evil power that the various secret societies of the Babylonian Mystery schools have exerted. It became clear to me that Lucifer/Luciferianism is the worship of Marduk. But even the Annunaki are mortal. I wonder if Marduk is still alive?
Byrd Alyssa
Aug 22, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who love myths
The best myth I ever read. If Sitchin's translations of the Sumerian tablets this is based on are to be trusted, this is the Myth the Old Testament is based upon. Real good shite. (yes, flakey and far out too.)
Haya Dodokh
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book from start to finish! It provided some answers to many questions that I have entertained.
  • The Sirius Mystery: New Scientific Evidence of Alien Contact 5,000 Years Ago
  • Tales from the Time Loop
  • Technology of the Gods: The Incredible Sciences of the Ancients
  • The Day After Roswell
  • Serpent in the Sky: The High Wisdom of Ancient Egypt
  • The Hidden History of the Human Race: The Condensed Edition of Forbidden Archeology
  • Gods of Eden
  • From the Ashes of Angels: The Forbidden Legacy of a Fallen Race
  • Slave Species of God: The Story of Humankind from the Cradle of Humankind
  • Atlantis, Alien Visitation & Genetic Manipulation
  • The Stargate Conspiracy
  • Forbidden History: Prehistoric Technologies, Extraterrestrial Intervention, and the Suppressed Origins of Civilization
  • The Eyes of the Sphinx: The Newest Evidence of Extraterrestial Contact in Ancient Egypt
  • The Message of the Sphinx: A Quest for the Hidden Legacy of Mankind
  • The Egypt Code
  • The Cosmic War: Interplanetary Warfare, Modern Physics, and Ancient Texts
Sitchin was born in Baku, Azerbaijan, and was raised in Palestine. He acquired some knowledge of modern and ancient Hebrew, other Semitic and European languages, the Torah, and the history and archeology of the Near East.

Sitchin graduated from the London School of Economics, University of London, majoring in economic history.

A journalist and editor in Israel for many years, he now lives and writ
More about Zecharia Sitchin...

Earth Chronicles (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The 12th Planet (Earth Chronicles, #1)
  • The Stairway to Heaven (The Earth Chronicles, #2)
  • The Wars of Gods and Men (Earth Chronicles, #3)
  • The Lost Realms (Earth Chronicles, #4)
  • Genesis Revisited (Earth Chronicles, #4.5)
  • When Time Began (Earth Chronicles, #5)
  • Divine Encounters (Earth Chronicles #5.5)
  • The Cosmic Code (Earth Chronicles, #6)
  • The Earth Chronicles Expeditions  (Earth Chronicles Expeditions, #1)
  • The End of Days (The Earth Chronicles, #7)
“That which for all time construction shall determine I have laid out; Away from Eridu, where dry land begins, my quarters shall be, Laarsa will be its name, a place for directing it shall become. On the banks of the Burannu, the River of Deep Waters, will it be located, A twin thereof a city shall in future arise, Lagash I shall name it. Between the two on the plans a line have I drawn, Sixty leagues thereafter a healing city shall come into being, A city of your own it shall be, Shurubak, the Haven City, I shall name it.” 0 likes