Start by marking “Endeavor in Time” as Want to Read:
Endeavor in Time

Endeavor in Time

Five years after the Challenger disaster, NASA launched their newest space shuttle, Endeavor, in a dramatic return to space. But several moments after lift-off, Endeavor exploded over the ocean, taking the lives of all its crew members, and killing the United States' space program.

It's 2009, seventeen years after the Endeavor tragedy in 1992, and NASA has been made part of
Published (first published July 30th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Endeavor in Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Endeavor in Time

Judy Bullard
Oct 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
Story line was interesting - writing style just OK. The writer was very descriptive about daily activities, etc. that didn't really go anywhere! Why were things written about that didn't really have anything to do with the story line? I kept expecting something to happen. This took me much longer to read because I slipped in two books to read during the same time!!!
Susanna Mahoney
May 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
his book started off keeping the reader on the edge of their seat. The mystique details of the scenery, the character's emotions and activities keep the reader interested. This book explores the future and past of technology and has engineers working on a secret project. To some this selection may be a slow moment in the book, but after getting through the components and completion of the project, the reader is introduced to unique characters which keep their interest piqued. The main character ...more
Laura Ryan
Jul 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Endeavor In Time by Chris Hambleton is a very fast and entertaining read. There are several sharp twists in the plot, and the descriptive style makes every detail come to life. In fact, if I didn’t know better, I would think the author was writing his own autobiography here - I feel like I just read about someone I already know very well.

Daniel, the main character, is a well-educated engineer and software developer working in the deserts of New Mexico on a project to develop a better understandi
Chrystal Mahan
Aug 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the beginning I had a hard time getting in to this book because it starts out a little bit technical and I was not sure what direction it was going to go in. I am not a huge fan of overly sci-fi material. There was a point where I had to put it away for a little bit and come back to it. Sometimes if I try again I am able to really get in to the book. I tried another chapter. This was suddenly going nowhere, fast.

Third time is the charm? Maybe.

I gave it one more try.

We are introduced to Dan
Oct 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
I gave this two stars for good intentions and effort. This book was difficult to read, however, and I skimmed that last quarter or so. There were so many problems with this book, I felt sorry for the author. He came up with a creative idea, but this story would almost need a complete overhaul to become something of quality. The problems included:

1. Poor editing - there were several scenes that were completely unneeded and boring.
2. The "climax" comes at the middle of the book and ends with a tee
Martha
Jan 01, 2012 rated it liked it
I liked this book and the surreal nature of going back in time then trying to right the wrongs, as much as you can anyway. I'm not sure why there was so much concentration on being a Christian. I'm guessing that the need to evangelize is as important to the author as writing a good story. I'm wondering if there's going to be a sequel since it certainly was set up at the end of the book for there to be one. For those who abhore minute detail, probably not the book for you. I wavered between 2 and ...more
Stitch
Apr 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
I so wanted to like this book, I really did. It had a great concept. I felt there was a lot of mundane filler that didn't do anything for the plot and was fairly same-y all the way through. The end of the book itself seemed to be leading to something but then just... ended. (Personally, I couldn't get on with the Christian element of the book. It seemed to detract from the plot in several places.)
Jan
Apr 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: nook, fiction
It took me a while to get through this book, but I mostly enjoyed it. As I neared the end, I was waiting for the other shoe to drop, but when it did, it was in a completely different direction. The heavy emphasis on Christianity didn't bother me too much, but did encompass a large amount of the story. It might be a turn-off for some people (particularly those with little or no faith). I liked the exploration of the life of the reluctant time traveller, and would probably read a sequel, as well.
Donna Foston
Aug 13, 2013 rated it liked it
I agree with other reviewers that the beginning is too technical and makes it difficult to get into, but it becomes quite engrossing if you stick with it. I didn't mind it being Christian-themed. I do think it was somewhat self-indulgent to throw in an abrupt commentary about global warming. It was weird and out of place.
Marlon Johnson
Sep 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
I did find that the first several chapters of this book technical, however, it took off as the storyline moved along. I would recommend that you be patient with this book and I believe you be pleasantly surprise.
Will
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I thoroughly enjoy reading both the fictional and non-fictional books written by this author. However I debated between giving this book either a four or five star rating only because there was too much technical data to sort through in the beginning of the book which I disliked.
Luckngrace
Oct 24, 2011 rated it it was ok
Alternate fictional romance including time travel, with Christian elements. Just didn't catch on with me. Main plot okay; just didn't engage. May have tried to be too all-encompassing, winding up a little scattered. Finished it late at night. Maybe my bad.
Carol Horton
Mar 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: other
I really enjoyed this one. It had plenty of NASA and the Space Shuttle, but also had Christian characters walking the walk (not just talking the talk).
Tom Slama
Apr 04, 2012 rated it did not like it
Absolutely the worst book ever read. Horrible characterization, poor plotting, and the gratuitous inclusion of banal Christian platitudes----YUCK!!!!
Wsdole
Nov 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
It took me a while to get into this story, but then I couldn't wait to see what happened next. Great read!
Vonnie Hudson
Nov 09, 2016
Ron Clark
Oct 21, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
I began my first book titled "Project Exodus" in the fall of 1992 when I started college. This was before the days of Print On Demand publishing (POD) and the book ended up being shelved when my engineering coursework became more difficult.

Fast-forward to 2005, when I had taken up an interest in studying the Antediluvian Age and the Ice Age that followed. I looked around for a book that accuratel