Start by marking “Skinwalker Fluch Des Blutes” as Want to Read:
Skinwalker Fluch Des Blutes

Skinwalker Fluch Des Blutes

(Jane Yellowrock #2)

Der Vampirrat von New Orleans hat Jane Yellowrock angeheuert, um einen Vampir zur Strecke zu bringen, der gegen die uralten, heiligen Regeln verstoßen hat. Doch was zunächst als leichter Job erscheint, wird schon bald zu einem gefährlichen Unterfangen, als Jane ein Netz von Intrigen innerhalb der Jahrtausende alten Vampirgemeinschaft aufdeckt. Glücklicherweise kann sie auf ...more
Published March 8th 2012 by LYX (first published January 5th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Skinwalker Fluch Des Blutes, please sign up.
Susie Schroeder Thankfully, no. Bruiser and Janie get it on later, but I don't care for it

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
3/12/17 - rerereread b/c Steven.

Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

Blood Cross begins with house guests, a power outage (b/c hurricane), and restless villagers.

And by "villagers" I mean vampires. FYI.

Molly is visiting Jane with Angie-baby and Little Evan while Big Evan is doing whoknowswhat in Brazil. Leo is deep in the dolore (<------when vamps fluctuate at varying levels of crazy b/c SAD), and sees Jane's inability to call for help as an opportune time to seek revenge for thatwhichisnotherfault, and
Choko
*** 4.35 ***

Another Wednesday, another great Urban Fantasy!

This book could have easily gotten the full 5 star rating, but it was a bit too repetitive at times, enough to be noticeable... In many ways it reminds me of another of my favorite UF series - they are very exciting, have kick ass leading ladies, and act first think later approach to fighting evil. Gin and Jane are strong and have powers, but still barely get out alive at the end of each book, mostly because they have luck like no other!
Robin (Bridge Four)
description

Jane Yellowrock is like that girlfriend you have that is totally great in every aspect of her life except men. She is totally badass and I love the skinwalking aspect of her with Beast. It is a really cool concept and her being Native American really fits in with the mystery and history to her character but she is totally clueless when it comes to men.
Kat
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-2
You know that great feeling when you’ve discovered a wonderful new series and to your delight, the author has already written like 10 books in it you have yet to read? Score! This is just superb. There’s a hurricane in New Orleans. Jane has been hired to take out a rogue vampire menace in the area. There’s something creepy going on with the local witches, and Leo, Master of the Dead, wants to kill her fr the events of Book One.

Jane’s love life heats up some in this one, although I confess (view
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
"For a gal who had been out of circulation for a few years, I was getting a lot of attention. Too bad they were cop, blood-servant, and angry vamp. I’d be lucky to survive."

Any hope of the hot union between Jane and Leo that was teased in the first book was kind of blown to smithereens at the finale of Skinwalker – the second book takes off where Jane hasn’t been wise enough to leave town yet, and her relationship with the MOC has changed big time as a result of a certain death. Leo....well, he
Denisa
Say what?!

Ok, not as good as the last one, but I really really liked it! And what I absolutely loved was the story, the myth, the "history" of this series.

As I said, for me, a great UF/PNR needs to have some fantastic world-building. Yes, other stuff matter too, but for me, this is one of the most important. And boy, am I enjoying this one!
Emma
4.5 stars. I really like this series and the main protagonist, Jane Yellowrock. Despite the fact that professionally she is the Business, she is vulnerable in personal relationships. I love the fact that she is an ugly crier! This was high action adventure - Jane could, and nearly did,have died several times in this book. Beast is also a character in her own right and seems to be coming to the fore.
Jane Yellowrock has joined the ranks of Kate Daniels, Mercy Thompson and October Daye as one of my
Jo

08/02/2017 Another great buddy read with the awesome girls and guy over at BB&B.

Jane is still in New Orleans and the vampire council has hired her to hunt and kill the rogue who is letting loose newly turned vampires on humanity. A job that has put Jane smack in the middle of vampire politics and rivalries. And if that’s not enough she has to watch her back because Leo Pellisier, the Blood Master of New Orleans, is still blaming her for his son’s death and is out to seek revenge on Jane.

Lyn
Dec 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vampires and witches and skinwalkers, O MY!

Faith Hunter’s 2010 novel Blood Cross, the second in the very entertaining Jane Yellowrock series, is a fun entry into the genre.

Hunter’s excellent world building and writing distinguishes this series from the sub-genre of urban fantasy female Cherokee skinwalkers who actively hunt and kill vampires and are befriended by witches in an alternate history universe. Jane is head and shoulders over the rest; skinwalkers like Tina Tailfeather, Trudy Turkeynec
Werner
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of urban fantasy/paranormal romance
The first book of this series was one of the best supernatural fiction reads, and best action heroine books, that I've ever read. It had me fully prepared to continue reading every installment of the series. This second novel picks up just a few days after the end of the first; the denouement of the latter was only the beginning in cleaning up some dark skullduggery afoot in the vampire community of Hunter's slightly alternate New Orleans. As expected, this one thrust Jane into even more high-ri ...more
Steven
One of the absolute best books I've read this year.
Lady Jaye
2.5 tars

The first book in this series surprised me into enjoying it and checking out the rest of the books. Unfortunately, this book is a disappointing follow up to the first book.

Jane Yellowrock is still in Louisiana, even after completing her job for the Vampire Council. It seems she has been hired on to do some more work for them: a rogue is making new vampires and must be stopped.

For a long while the story just seemed to be going nowhere, so I went back and checked the synopsis, and it was
Ian
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Patricia Briggs and Jennifer Estep.
Shelves: b-favorites
4.5 Stars ★★★★☆

Somebody in New Orleans is creating rogue vampires and Jane Yellowrock has been employed to hunt them down. But with employers who look at her and see their next meal, she needs to tread carefully.

This series is completely astounding! It's reminiscent of Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson series and Jennifer Estep's Elemental Assassin series, but Faith Hunter somehow manages to do everything just a little better.

Synopsis ★★★★
Cover ★★★★☆
Book ★★★★☆
Overall ★★★★☆
Bj
4.5 "When Witches and Vampires Mix" Stars for the story and 5 stars for the narration!

Can't wait to continue with this series!

Source: Owned copy.
Alex
Jul 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This second book in the Jane Yellowrock series was not as great as the first one for me, mainly because Jane's love interest didn't turn out to be the one I preferred. However, the story, the writing and the dialogue were still great.

I was disappointed because the love scene with Jane's choice of bed buddy was not detailed at all, just one sentence near the end.

Hosted by imgur.com

Oh well, maybe the author is saving the juicy stuff for when Jane comes back to her senses and chooses (view spoiler)
Carolyn F.
Reread on 02/27/17 Wow what a difference 6 years makes! I really liked the book this time. I could do without the love triangle - the other guy didn't stand a chance especially with the relationship he was currently in. I loved how Jane kept her sense of humor even with her past that could/would make most people morose and world weary. Now this book is a favorite. Who knew I'd do such a huge flip on this book?

Previous review on 02/04/11 This book takes place almost directly after the first book
carol.
Enjoyed it. Nice follow up to her first book. Current urban fantasy that is more action/problem solving than romance, although she does have a couple of interested men around. More character building, and I enjoyed seeing the relationship develop between Jane and her best friend Molly, and Molly's children. I also enjoyed a side trip into purification rituals that helped remind Jane of her heritage and help prepare her for her confrontations.
Sanaa
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
[4 Stars] Didn't love this quite as much as the first, but it was still awesome! I really like the complex world building in this series and am even more intrigued about Beast and Jane's past now. I want to know MORE. Can't wait to dive into the next one!
TJ
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5.0
REALLY enjoying this series! My very favorite type of Urban Fantasy are those that hold a strong action/world blend along with a great romance on the side. The romance area is the ONLY thing I see as a bit week in this book - Jane’s choices are not anything readers who are invested in her happiness would ever want to see her with. The rest is top-notch addictive enjoyment!

Note: While I rated this a “clean” read (no sex), it is full of violence - mostly against vampires, monsters and other
Dana
I'm definately enjoying this series but I found myself torn with this installment. I was caught thinking often that we were getting a 'better view' of something (i.e., plot, character development, romantic progress, Jane's history), then conversely feeling that we could have used just one more tidbit. I'm glad that the majority of smaller issues in the previous book found resolution here. I was not pleased with the choice in romantic partners though, but realized that said choice was most likely ...more
Bunnycore
Jane Yellowrock badass vampire slayer.

Allow me to hit the ground running. I loved this one, Jane turns into a Alpha female to the nth degree. She killed Leo's not son in the last book and he is still pissed and wants her dead. Let me say this; I love Leo. I really do. I think he is well just unf. (That is still a thing right?)

Molly and her kids are here she is having her house remodeled. So Jane is on high alert. I loved this one because it shows how wonderful Jane really is. I mean I loved th
Wanda
***2017 Summer Lovin’ Reading List***

Jane Yellowrock is growing on me. Faith Hunter is a good writer and I’m enjoying the world that she has crafted to show off Jane’s talents. I appreciate that Jane has female friends right from the get-go. And they tease her about the various men who are circling, trying to win Jane’s favour. Also a pleasant change is the mystery and puzzle-solving aspects of the book taking higher priority than the personal relationships. Not that I mind a love interest, bu
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Spoiler Free

It's a must read in order series.

Blood Cross is book two in the Jane Yellowrock series by Faith Hunter.

Jane completed one job for the Council, but now the Council has hired her for another job. She has to navigate the Vampire world, stop a war, and make sure that she doesn't die or step on anymore toes.

When we last left Jane she was still in New Orleans. Molly and the kids have come to visit. It was so nice to see Molly, the kids, and Jane with them. I absolutely enjoyed learning
Melindeeloo
Mar 02, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since I actually thought the first book, Skinwalker was pretty good, Blood Cross has been sitting on my TBR pile for a long time for no reason other than I buy way more books than I can possibly read and I am always chasing the next new release, so somehow this made it to the lower strata of the pile without getting read. But someone clued me into the free download of a short story prequel to the series (Kits) which pulled me back into the world of Cherokee, rogue vamp hunting, shape shifting, H ...more
Lauren
Blood Cross
4.5 Stars

Excellent world building and characterization. The detailed explanation of the origins of the vampires and their unique brand of politics is distinctive and intriguing as is the information on the witch covens and their cold war with the vampires.

The plot revolving around the creation of new, rogue vampires and the attempt to keep them sane by sacrificing witch children is fast-paced and absorbing, especially as the villains soon hit very close to home.

Jane is a fascinating
Heather the Queen of (Smut)Books
I skimmed, I really hate skimming. I'm a book-a-day reader and this took me 3 days to get through.The story was bogged down with too many long talks of vamp politics and unclear visions or dreams of Jane's past. Even the action scenes were convoluted and seemed rushed. I was left wondering how, what, when, and that's it? Completely anticlimatic. Still not digging the love interests and the witchy bffs husband and sister show up in this one and are even more mysterious then Jane. Her best friends ...more
Federica °Kah rahna fauna°
I like Rick but i'm still on Team Bruiser.

Rick,Jane and Bruiser:

photo FotorCreated_zpsghezcfuj.jpg
Lisa Kay
Angie-baby...
★★★★ (This is a review of the audiobook.) Khristine Hvam does an amazing job with Jane/Beast, becoming one with them in this first person POV, making this series one of my favorite readings by her. Her performance, timing, characters’ accents and emotional inflections are wonderful. Ms. Hvam is always great, but this series is definitely her “sweet spot.”

What can I say about Jane and Beast to get you to read this series? The symbiosis between “Big Cat” and Jane is fabulous. Their
Maria Dimitrova
Buddy read with the Wednesday UF group of BB&B.

This almost made it to a 5 star rating. Damn, I really wanted it to be awesome enough to earn it. And for a while it seemed that it will. But then Jane proved to be a little TSTL and ruined it all.

Like my dear sister-wife Choko pointed out in her review there are a lot of similarities between Jane and another female UF MC - Gin. And those are NOT good similarities. They're both reckless and borderline suicidal and firmly believing that they're
Caressa
Jun 15, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I LURVE urban fantasy, but I'm noting that most of what I read tops out at 2 stars. Why? Well, first of all, most of what is billed as urban fantasy is really paranormal romance. I love the mysticism & magic of fantasy juxtaposed with the chaos and cynicism of modern life. What I don't care for (I'm looking at you Paranormal Romance) is a "hard as nails" heroine banging every dude that sniffs her supernatural pheromones.

Enter Jane Yellowrock, hard as nails vampire hunter and skin walker. She
  • Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2)
  • Spirit Dances (Walker Papers, #6)
  • Death Blows (The Bloodhound Files, #2)
  • Fatal Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #3)
  • The Mage in Black (Sabina Kane, #2)
  • Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville, #4)
  • The Darkest Edge of Dawn (Charlie Madigan, #2)
  • Demon Song (Blood Singer, #3)
  • City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #3)
  • Ashes of Honor (October Daye, #6)
  • Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)
Faith Hunter's Jane Yellowrock series is a dark urban fantasy. Jane is a full blooded Cherokee skinwalker and hunter of rogue-vampires in a world of weres, witches, vampires, and other supernats.

Her Rogue Mage novels—Bloodring, Seraphs, Host, and the RPG Rogue Mage—feature Thorn St. Croix, a stone mage in a post-apocalyptic alternate reality.

The Soulwood series is a dark-urban fantasy / paranormal

Jane Yellowrock (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1)
  • Mercy Blade (Jane Yellowrock, #3)
  • Raven Cursed (Jane Yellowrock, #4)
  • Death's Rival (Jane Yellowrock, #5)
  • Blood Trade (Jane Yellowrock, #6)
  • Black Arts (Jane Yellowrock, #7)
  • Broken Soul (Jane Yellowrock, #8)
  • Temporally Out of Order
  • Dark Heir (Jane Yellowrock, #9)
  • Shadow Rites (Jane Yellowrock, #10)
“Men who had the capacity to apologize—and who knew the right words with which to do it—were few and far between.” 16 likes