Start by marking “Werewolf at the Zoo (Wolves of Stone Ridge #1)” as Want to Read:
Werewolf at the Zoo (Wolves of Stone Ridge #1)

Werewolf at the Zoo

(Wolves of Stone Ridge #1)

Helping his brother escape the zoo, Rainy discovers more than just an array of animals.

Rainy scouts the zoo, planning a mission to rescue his brother, who’d been sold by poachers while in wolf form. He gets a whiff of the most intoxicating scent, the man Travis Carlyle, his mate. But he quickly finds out that before he can claim the handsome veterinarian, Rainy has to conv
Published May 15th 2011 by Extasy Books

To ask other readers questions about Werewolf at the Zoo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Werewolf at the Zoo

Change of Heart by Mary CalmesWith Caution by J.L. LangleyWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
1,104 books — 1,497 voters
Cut & Run by Madeleine UrbanFatal Shadows by Josh LanyonPromises by Marie SextonAmong the Living by Jordan Castillo PriceA Matter of Time Book I by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Novel Series
731 books — 419 voters

More lists with this book...

Susan
Mar 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: shifters, mm
Cute shifter story, but definitely not special in any way.

Big werewolf meets human mate, growls a lot, human finds out about wolves, werewolf claims human, some pack trouble, HEA.

Since I have nothing else to read at the moment, I’m just going to continue with these fluffy werewolves.

description
P
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-romance
Total rating : 2.5 Stars

I had struggled about giving this book two or three stars,and finally I gave this book 2.5 stars.I really love the first part,how Rainy and Trevis met each other,then they flirted and fell into the bed.This plot wasn't anything new.
I've never expected this book doesn't have any climax scene and conflicts about Clyde is very peculiar.I realize he's homophobia and in the end,he just confessed that Rainy was his mate.I think the writer tried really hard to find an excuse to
Ms. Nikki
What sarcastic thing can I say to ye? I skimmed through this read like my SAT's didn't depend on it, which if they did, I would have failed for not completing it. This is lower on the B-Book scale. The usual no-no's popped up; mating, easy acceptance, contrived story line, easy angst, unrealistic situations and conversations. Unlike Glenn and other authors I really couldn't get into it. The ye's were so overdone I thought I'd tell ye before ye read it. ~So not for me~
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
This was a pretty amusing read. I liked the story, although, there was nothing extravagant about it.

The story kind of follows two couples - Rainy & Travis and Cliff & Lisa - which I didn't really like even if Cliff & Lisa relationship was very far in the background. Her opinion of everything was just too much apart of the story for me. While the characters are nice, the Irish accent got a bit annoying because I felt like it was only there on certain words like 'ye' but not really on
Serena Yates
May 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017, gay, shifters
The idea of meeting your mate at the zoo, while in werewolf form, is funny. Well, for someone it isn't happening to, at least. The story that follows is entertaining and a fun read. Travis, the vet, pairs up with Rainy, the werewolf. His sister, Liz, is Rainy's brother's mate. Each pair has their unique obstacles to overcome, but the focus is on Travis and Rainy.

There isn't too much 'woolfy' stuff going on, but the pack structure clearly influences how these werewolves live as humans, sometimes
Shelby
This was a super fast read that was really simple. It was a kinda cute story idea that brushes over any issues by acknowledging them and then finding a quick solution. It's an insta-love story that works well enough and is a pleasant story without having a lot of depth. I enjoyed the siblings at the zoo meeting their mates and falling in love with our brother wolves, but I would have liked to see them all have to work for their relationships. Ever misunderstanding was cleared up in a page or two ...more
Jennie
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this hot shifter romance. I really loved Rainy and Travis together. This was a nice light read. I am looking forward to reading about more Wolves of Stone Ridge.

There was only one spot that bugged me and that was when everyone just shrugged off the killing of a wolf. It just didn't seem all that realistic... but it was just a small spot so it didn't ruin the story for me.
Rachel Emily
May 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! I think it's the start to a great new series from a new author (for me at least, I haven't read her m/f works). Sure, it might not be anything that's like...groundbreaking in a gay werewolf romance or whatever, but I really did enjoy it. I enjoyed the characters and how Travis and Rainy just had a very sweet romance. Minor conflict and resolved by the ending...this was just what I was in the mood to read tonight, I guess! I also liked that there was a female character ...more
V
Sep 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
For those who are expecting something different in this story, you might be a little bit disappointed, as it is not much different from the others werewolf's books.
For those (like me)who loves werewolf stories I highly recommended it. This is delightful, I really liked it!! I can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Much like Stormy Glenn, Charlie Richards infuses her stories with just enough intrigue and endearing romance to make it possible for to me overlook bad writing. Not great, but a pleasant way to pass the time if you're in the mood for some sappy m/m shifter fun. Be warned that Richards sucks at dirty talk. The sex scenes can be a little awkward at times.
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I liked it. Enjoyable read. Seemed like we got a lot of Lisa though and didn't like that.

Also the dads name and alphas were too similar I kept getting them confused.
Sandra
The first half of this was great. I love a good M/M shifter story and this one didn't disapoint, but where things started to annoy me a little was when Travis found out they were werewolves (view spoiler), and from then on little things like that kept happening. Certain things just felt like tools to make the plot more dramatic or move things along but weren' ...more
Phaney
May 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
2011 Review:

:D The first volume of a shifter series. And the characters were adorably level-headed! That came as a relief after all the immature antics I’ve become used to by now, particularly in this type of story. None of that here. It was all extremely reasonable and no false drama was put in anywhere. In fact, obstacles were overcome fairly easily – by being sensible.

It maybe had a serious tone to it; certainly there weren’t many laughs although the general mood did not oppress either. The s
Candice
2nd read April 2015

First Read 10/25/13
2.5 Stars?

I was getting a little tired of the 'ye' speak. I get it, you're Irish, but are 'ye' and 'aye' the only words you know?

The easy acceptance from Travis made me roll my eyes, but it wasn't too bad after he explained it.

I would have liked a little more conflict with Clyde and George. Also, could have used a little more of that possessiveness from Rainy.

I'll read the next one, since the alpha and Lark caught my interest.

Trisha Harrington
3.5 stars rounded up! To start with, I enjoyed the fact there was an Irish characters. The dialogue was good in that sense, but the shift from "ma" to "mum" was annoying. Added to that the dialogue could have gone farther than "ye". Not all Irish people speak like that. The ones that do (like me) don't just say that word.

Saying that it was good shifter story. Had it been a bit more memorable and the Irish been broadened a bit I would have loved it. I'm not sure if the accent was distracting me f
Wax
Jun 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, own-have, z-06-utc
Rainy finds his closeted mate working at the zoo while he's there looking to rescue his brother. His brother had been caught while in wolf form by poachers. Rainy's human mate, Travis, is a vet who won't come out to his family because he knows they will disown him. I liked how even though Rainy instinctively knew that Rainy was his mate, he still had to work to win over Travis. They went out on dates and met Rainy's family.
Shelby P
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, paranormal, wolves
This book was perfection. I've been reading a lot of contemporary m/m romances lately so it was nice to get back to the paranormal stuff. This is my first time reading Charlie Richards. I was very impressed with the story. Loved Rainy and Travis. I also think the author did a good job with Cliff and Lisa's story as well. On to the next book in the series.
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Cute story about a werewolf who ends up at a zoo and meets his mate - and so does his brother. Not a lot of drama, some smexin, fun story. It's a fluffy kind of story that makes you feel good on a cold winter's day. These are the type you want to call a guilty pleasure :)
Tana
Jun 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Werewolf at the Zoo (Wolves of Stone Ridge #1) by Charlie Richards

This is the first book in the Wolves of Stone Ridge Series, Charlie Richards writing is great, love all the characters and can't wait to read the rest of this series.
rain city girl
Jul 19, 2011 rated it liked it
A well written story that's entertaining if you can overlook the unnecessary "Irish" accent of some of the characters.
Calila
Perfectly acceptable read. Great for what it is. The characters and story aren't really anything new, but still pleasant.
Kerry  sullivan
A lovely bit of yumminess, bite size gooey goodness.
Me and shifter MM books are like oil and water. Not so good. So when I give one 4 stars it's like 7 stars for a regular book. So yeah, I liked this one.
Nagisa Furukawa
Oct 26, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-recommended
A very weak way of telling a weak plot/story.
Not good enough
Mekiho
Jun 11, 2017 rated it liked it
~2.5~

At first I was bored. For 1/3 of the book everything was very cliche, but in a bad way. I'm not that against a good cliche if its entertaining. This one was just the bad repetitive kind.

2/3 of the book I was in full tedious mode. I cogitated dropping this book a lot of times. I like to read my books in one go, but this one made it so hard.

The last part was a little better and a surprise. I really wasn't expecting that development. Won a whole star because of that.

Now the things that bothere
DC
Nov 03, 2017 rated it liked it
So, overall I thought this was a good story. Good plot, likeable characters, reasonably good flow. Rainy was just so easy to love, but Travis took some warming up to and it is the same issue that I have with the human MCs in Ms. Richards’ other stories. Why are they all made to be weak suffering cowards desperately in need of rescuing? Travis is an adult and a successful vet (not the career he wanted). Yet he’s deeply closeted and utterly nervous all the time because he’s afraid of his parents. ...more
Nina
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
I always had a problem with things moving too fast in the supernatural world. Sure, Rainy is a werewolf and he knows Travis is his mate but it's not vice versa since Travis is human. I only find the lightning speed relationships believable when both subjects are supernatural.

I know this is a way too short book for any real character development and what nots but a sister calling her brother faggot (using that word even) and then being all "I'm sorry, I'll always be there for you and you'll never
Renee
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
All of the books I have read from Charlie Richards are the type of short, to the point stories that can entertain you when your bored but you know that they're only gonna last you a hour. There are literally 10 or so characters that I might remember from her 100 book series. So these books are entertaining, similar to a soap opera, but it doesn't necessarily leave a lasting impression. So when I say 2 stars it isn't because of grammer or anything like that, it is because I have personally read b ...more
MyzanM
I've started a re-read of the series. I loved the series back when I first came across it but can hardly remember where it al began so re-reading it is...

This is a rather average werewolf story. And the plot was not much of a surprise... There wasn't much really going on and it was a bit too nicely put together.

Still... enjoyable fluff!
Gerald Sessions
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Family

A great story brothers both find mates at the zoo only to learn they are brother and sister. Next they must reveal what they are and claim their mates. Great story with lead into next. Can't wait
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Behind the Eight Ball (Fur, Fangs, and Felines #2)
  • Belligerent Beta (Pack Partners #2)
  • Misinformation
  • Blue Skye (Woodland Village, #1)
  • Launch the Hunt (Grizzly Rim #1)
  • The Walls Have Ears (College Fun and Gays, #3)
  • Dipping His Pen in the Office Ink
  • Needing You
  • Caged
  • With This Ring
  • Lab Rat's Love
  • A Feral Christmas (Lost Shifters #2)
  • Beach Balls  (Balls to the Wall,  #3)
  • Slow Burn
  • City Slicker at the Horny Goat Ranch
  • Impact Ripples
  • Striker (The Valespian Pact #2)
  • Daddy's Boy

Wolves of Stone Ridge (1 - 10 of 49 books)
  • Alpha's Prerogative (Wolves of Stone Ridge #2)
  • Accepting His Animal (Wolves of Stone Ridge #3)
  • Accepting His Human (Wolves of Stone Ridge #4)
  • Finding Balance (Wolves of Stone Ridge #5)
  • Goading the Enforcer (Wolves of Stone Ridge #6)
  • Through Dagus's Eyes (Wolves of Stone Ridge #7)
  • Loving the Enemy (Wolves of Stone Ridge #8)
  • Casey's Love Bite (Wolves of Stone Ridge #9)
  • The Wolf Biker's Mate (Wolves of Stone Ridge #10)
  • Kyle's Valiant Hunt (Wolves of Stone Ridge #11)