Start by marking “Pack a Lunch! Cooking with Trader Joe's Cookbook” as Want to Read:
Pack a Lunch! Cooking with Trader Joe's Cookbook

Pack a Lunch! Cooking with Trader Joe's Cookbook

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  44 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Move over, boring sack lunch. Bye-bye greasy fast food. This cookbook is the cure for the common lunch, using handy shortcuts from Trader Joe's. Readers will discover easy, healthy lunchbox meals; ideas for re-purposingleftovers; favorite ready-made snack solutions; finger foods for camping, picnics and plane trips, and more -- all using Trader Joe's products. Includes nut ...more
Published August 1st 2011 by Brown Bag Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Pack a Lunch! Cooking with Trader Joe's Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pack a Lunch! Cooking with Trader Joe's Cookbook

Colleen
Nov 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
My only gripe is that the author's French upbringing, make for heavy leaning toward French cuisine or French inspired recipes of which I'm not a huge fan.

That being said, there are plenty of great recipes to be found that will make bringing lunch to work or school a lot less boring than the standard brown bag affair. I also find the concept of bento box style meals quite fun.

More, healthier lunch options are a definite plus given the current economic situation most folks are dealing with where t
S
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Loved this! It made me sad that I don't live near a TJs anymore... actually, it made me horribly depressed that I don't live near a TJs anymore... BUT! Lots of tasty recipes, most that I could even make without being able to shop at TJs. The peach soup? So good. Everything I made was great, and there are so many easy, cheap, and fast lunch ideas. Awesome!
Cari
Feb 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The recipes were well laid out, great photos of each recipe, easy to read, great selection. Looks like there is something for everyone!

Edit: I received this for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Vicky Kern
May 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbook, food
I love Trader Joe's! This book had very pretty photos but only one recipe for every two pages. I marked 12 different recipes to try and all of them looked easy to make. Haven't tried any of them but they look delicious!
Joy Urban
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Really excellent, with a ton of recipes right up my alley. You don't even have to purchase exclusively from TJ's, but they do make it easy to find the ingredients! Plus, it gives me ideas to use some random gift cards on :)
Fredrick Danysh
Sep 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: advance-read
Some interesting recipes from soup, to salad, to desert. Everything lookss easy to prepare. This was a free copy for review purposes. Nutritional information is given.
Kristina Franken
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book for anyone

FTC: I received a free copy of this book and was not reimbursed in any other way.
Jessica Johnson
Intplibrarian
Oct 10, 2016
The other Sandy
Apr 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Recipes have fairly short ingredient lists and simple cooking techniques. Only basic cooking skills are required, and since everything can be found at Trader Joe's, you don't have to run all over town trying to find a store that has some unusual ingredient, which has been my experience with other cookbooks.

I was a little disappointed that this book was by a professional cookbook author who just happened to write a cookbook using products found at Trader Joe's. Trader Joe's itself has some great
Ja Fo
Olivia Daye
Jan 11, 2016
Mar 04, 2012
Benita
rated it did not like it
Dec 18, 2017
Krista
Dec 05, 2015
  • Cooking with Trader Joe's Cookbook Easy Lunch Boxes
  • Skinny Dish! Cooking with Trader Joe's Cookbook
  • Breakfast Comforts (Williams-Sonoma): With Enticing Recipes for the Morning, including Favorite Dishes from Restaurants Around the Country
  • Cooking with All Things Trader Joe's Cookbook
  • One Bowl: Simple Healthy Recipes for One
  • America's Best Lost Recipes
  • Tyler Florence Fresh
  • The Frugal Foodie Cookbook: Waste-Not Recipes for the Wise Cook
  • Handwritten Recipes: A Bookseller's Collection of Curious and Wonderful Recipes Forgotten Between the  Pages
  • Bon Appetit, Y'all: Recipes and Stories from Three Generations of Southern Cooking
  • Cooking with Trader Joe's Cookbook: Lighten Up!
  • Italian Grill
  • The Whole Foods Market Cookbook: A Guide to Natural Foods with 350 Recipes
  • Food Network Magazine Great Easy Meals: 250 Delicious Recipes for the Whole Family
  • Down Home with the Neelys: A Southern Family Cookbook
  • The Looneyspoons Collection: Good Food, Good Health, Good Fun!
  • Lust Have Recipes, Aphrodisiac Cookbook
  • Once-A-Month Cooking: A Proven System for Spending Less Time in the Kitchen and Enjoying Delicious, Homemade Meals Every Day

Nonfiction Deals

$7.74 $1.99
  • The Autobiography of Malcolm X
    $7.99 $1.99
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Over But the Shoutin'
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sous Chef: 24 Hours on the Line
    $13.99 $1.99
  • WEIRD: Because Normal Isn't Working
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey: The Lost Legacy of Highclere Castle
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Man Who Made Vermeers: Unvarnishing the Legend of Master Forger Han van Meegeren
    $14.99 $1.99