Start by marking “Saeculum” as Want to Read:
Saeculum

Saeculum

Fünf Tage im tiefsten Wald, die nächste Ortschaft kilometerweit entfernt, leben wie im Mittelalter ohne Strom, ohne Handy , normalerweise wäre das nichts für Bastian. Dass er dennoch mitmacht bei dieser Reise in die Vergangenheit, liegt einzig und allein an Sandra.
Als kurz vor der Abfahrt das Geheimnis um den Spielort gelüftet wird, fällt ein erster Schatten auf das Untern
Published November 2nd 2011 by Loewe

To ask other readers questions about Saeculum, please sign up.
Carolina Gonzalez Si me gustó. Pero si me parece muy juvenil, principalmente porque los personajes son bastante jóvenes y por ende sus sentimientos y reacciones son…moreSi me gustó. Pero si me parece muy juvenil, principalmente porque los personajes son bastante jóvenes y por ende sus sentimientos y reacciones son apropiados a su edad. La trama además trata de un juego de rol y eso es bastante juvenil. Además la narrativa es muy sencilla, no ahonda en cada personaje, solo en los principales y trata justo lo esencial para comprender su carácter en la trama, o sea me parece que la construcción entera del libro es muy ligera, que es lo propio en el genero juvenil.(less)
Carolina Gonzalez Porque aunque sea muy sencillo cumple con los factores que hacen un libro entretenido: Una trama interesante, narrativa fluida y personajes definidos.

Tabea Vanessa
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this book! The plot Idea was so creative. Yes, I figured out the plot twist quite early but I still didn’t understand the extend of it until the very end. And honestly, I just absolutely loved the setting. And the writing! I definitely want to read more from Ursula Poznanzki!
Martini
I knew exactly where this was heading on page 64 of almost 500 pages. My co-buddy-reader Anja confirmed my assumptions, and I only skimmed the rest.
A book where you find out who and why they did it this early does not deserve to be called a thriller, nor does it deserve the time you would have to spend to read it to the end.
What a disappointment.
Kathi
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aaah what a cool book! And I already know that I'm going to have such a hard time explaining why. Might even be 4.5 stars after that almost impeccable ending, even though some parts of it felt a bit anti-climatic and too easy of an solution. But let's try to do this from the beginning. First of all, I just love when people gift me books that I've never heard of before (and enjoy nevertheless) because one, I really love surprises, and second, that's something that's very hard to achieve. Just tak ...more
Tanja Berg
Bastian joins his girlfriend Sandra's group of friends in a Middle Age quest game. It is to take place in a remote and supposedly cursed area. The participants must forfeit all modern comforts for the five days that the game is on.

The premise is excellent, but the execution is poor. The book is at least 250 pages too long and extremely repetitive. The conclusion is farfetched and anti-climactic. I could easily have spared myself this. A huge disappointment after the brilliant "Erebos" by the sa
Gabriella
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In Ursula Poznanski Saeculum Saeculum stands for a role-playing group that has 1400's as their period. The group consists of about 14 people selected for the interests and qualities that fit in the group, especially important for Saeculumgroup because they run their role play all the way - no secret markers of events, everything should be as realistic as possible.

The book's main character Bastian is studying for physicians, and has a rich father who is a successful surgeon and therefore requires
Mariska
It's such an amazing book! I always love the medieval time, and this story is just great! A real pageturner :)
Lies Van den Eynde
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book starts a bit slow in my opinion. It's very descriptive which makes it a bit of a drag at the start. Yet the pace picks up as the story begins to unfold. A group of people (of different ages) go on a camping trip where they will be roleplaying that they are in the fourteenth century. The spot they are going is very secluded and is rumoured to be haunted by a curse. When the curse starts coming true, the reader is pulled into the story. As I read at night a lot, there were times the book ...more
Nathalie
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WHAAAAAAAAAHHH THIS BOOK IS AMAAAAZING!

Today I read like 3/4 of the book and I COULDN'T STOP!! It's sooooo thrilling!
Anique
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I know they say you should not judge a book by its cover, but with this one I couldn't help myself, it is just gorgeous. As for the story, loved it! Could not put it down once I started.
Moyachan
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
It was a good book but nothing... more?
I think I expected more of it. the plot more?
Just MORE
The build up was soo good and intense and the reveal so, not lame but just, not as good as i hoped I guess.
Lina
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs
At first, it was really tough to read (idk if that's something u can say lmao). But then after I got into it, I REALLY LOVED IT. I read another book from the same author last year and I loved it as well. So I look forward to read different books from this author bc I like her writing style :)
Itzel
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's only the best book ever. It has turned into my favourite book.
Melanie Engels
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Incredibly story and well written with a great twist. It just gets a little bit slow and boring in the middle but worth your time.
Katelyn
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's an amazing story, thrilling and unpredictable until the end.
Nea
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really great book!
Tzurky
Mar 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Pretty entertaining though also fairly predictable.

- LARP does not play as big a role as one would expect (and I would have wished). It only serves as a set-up.

+ characters are not cookie-cutter.
+ no love triangle.
Eveline
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
2 stars.

I didn't like this book at all. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, but I know that it certainly wasn't this.

It started off promising with a group of friends going into some godforsaken forest in the middle of nowhere for a LARP. Once there, however, things start to go horribly wrong. With a bloodcurdling ghost story and a curse connected to the LARP, it is only a matter of time before the paranoia starts to kick in. Property and people start disappearing, and things soon go from bad
Tynn09
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really Amazing book!!!
Sebastian Wulff
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
You can say and think whatever you want. But I thought this book was freaking exciting.

This was the first book of Ursula Poznanski that I've read, and I can say that I really enjoyed it. I had this one on my TBR since 2012 mostly because I wasn't sure if I'd actually like it. And I think the biggest reason for that was that it's original language was German. I don't like it my self but even though I am from Germany, I am always a bit prejudiced when it comes to German/Austrian/Swiss literature
julia
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: german, own
I have now read three of Ursula Poznanski's books and I love how she comes up with a distinctly different setting for each of them. I found this one very interesting and I love those plots where a group of people stays in one special place for a certain amount of time. I also liked the characters. Even though there are so many, you can remember most of them and seperate them from each other.
I was completely sucked into the story and didn't want to put the book aside. There were some slow parts
Clara
Dec 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is the second book by Ursula Poznanski that I have read and I was... gobsmacked, fascinated, amazed! This book is brilliant!

I was in Switzerland when I read it. Before I had read a short German book with maybe 150 pages. It took me at least three days to read, for what ever reason.
I started "Saeculum" and after a day didn't have a single book to read for the next 10 days...

In the night I started reading and I couldn't, I repeat, I COULDN'T put it down. It's the scene/s in the kind of hol
Hailie
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs-3
Another book I so regret not reading by the time I found it. Being this the second book I read of this author, I'm glad that both are amazing. However, this one was a little bit more predictable to me, which doesn't mean at any point that I did not enjoy this modern-medieval touch, something I was not used to. From the books I've picked to read, they are medieval or they are high-tech guys and never both, so let's not talk about the fact that they were guys just like me pretending to live in the ...more
Kiki van Dijk
Oct 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed
I totally understand why this book is a Boekhandel Stevens favorite.
This book is about a larp. Live Action Role Playing.
Before: What is a larp? Never heard of.
Now: You want me to tell you what a larp is? Sure! Basically a larp is...
Yeah. I liked this book. Really liked it. It's not good enough, though, to be in my Top 15 reads of 2015, but it's pretty close.
I recommend this book to everyone, because
1. I love this cover. It's cool.
2. I love this title. It's mysterious, because if you don't re
Elise
(before reading)
I read Erebos and I liked it, this sounds like the same setting and story, so I think I'll like it!

after reading:
what a good book! it was so scary, but in a good way you know. like watching a horror movie. the (main) characters were also well developed. I'm not sure about the ending though, I liked that part a little less, it wasn't really realistic. (the 'how' was realistic, but the 'why' wasn't in my opinion)
anyway, a very good book, and I'd recommend it for everyone who likes
Pamela Chapa
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Amaizing book!
Incredible!! At The begining started a little bit slow! But Believe me worth it at The end! Be patient. I want more from this writter! Is The first time i read about her and i really like it!
Is easy to read, suspense, intrigue, little bit of love and envy!!! This book really knows how to keep you reading, keep your breath away!!! Leads you to your limits of suspence and kindly brings you to The end! Wow!
Mimmi Lundström
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazing
Oh my Freddie! This book is absolutely amazing! I started reading it since I had fallen in love with Ursulas debute novel Erebos and despite my sky high expectations on the book I was blown away by Ursulas incredible writing skills and fantastic narrative talent.
Emily
May 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Waw, this book traumatised me. I'm never going camping in strange woods, never.
It started rather cheesy in my opinion, (though that might have something to do with the Dutch translation) but quickly went to 'oh god this is scary' and then ended beautifully by blowing my mind completely.
Patrik Hallberg
The freshness of her first book Erebos is not quite there, but all the twist and turns are. This time the theme is "live" role playing or LARP (Live action role playing) in medieval setting. It's about Bastian and his experiences connected to his first live...it almost ends up being his last...
Ellinor
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this! I have never read anything quite like this before. It was really thrilling and a few times also a bit scary. I enjoyed the writing, even though I read a translated version and I also really liked the plot changes and Iris and Bastian's relationship.
« previous 1 3 next »
wann endlich erhältlich? 1 10 Nov 07, 2011 10:32AM

• Die Katastrophe (Das Tal Season 1, #2)
  • Dark Canopy (Dark Canopy, #1)
  • Abgeschnitten
  • Schweig still, süßer Mund
  • Mein böses Herz
  • Der Sarg
  • Phantasmen
  • Das Labyrinth erwacht (Labyrinth #1)
  • David und Juna (Das verbotene Eden, #1)
  • Splitterherz (Splitterherz, #1)
  • Final Cut
  • Weiß wie Schnee, Rot wie Blut, Grün vor Neid: Ein mörderischer Schneewittchenroman (Märchen heute, #1)
  • Schnitt
  • Isola
  • Der Federmann (Nils Trojan, #1)
Born on 30 October 1968 in Vienna, Ursula Poznanski (a.k.a. Ursula P. Archer), after finishing high school, she began studying Japanese studies, journalism, law and theater.

She has worked as a medical journalist since 1996.

She has been a published book author since 2003.

She lives with her family in the south of Vienna.
-------------------------------------