Start by marking “The Titanic Conspiracy” as Want to Read:
The Titanic Conspiracy

The Titanic Conspiracy

1.97  ·  Rating details ·  98 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
The Titanic was labelled unsinkable by its manufacturers. It, however, defied all odds and sank to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean on its maiden voyage. What was the real cause of the disaster? How did the unsinkable sank? It is said the ship was cursed by one of its passengers who was not welcome on board. This story tells the strange and incredible tale.
Nook, 0 pages
Published April 15th 2011 by Vincent McKalin, via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about The Titanic Conspiracy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Titanic Conspiracy

Mie
Dec 28, 2011 rated it did not like it
thank god it was free, cause that would have been a waste of money
Maria
Jul 13, 2011 rated it did not like it
Utter waste of time. (Didn't even deserve one star.)
Kristin Ogarp
Mar 15, 2015 rated it did not like it
Nope Nope nope...
Diane Wachter
Oct 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ebook, fiction
A short story describing a hex put upon 3 passengers on the Titanic by a black man that caused it it sink. Ridiculous!
Louise
Jul 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one!
Shelves: 2017-reads, e-books
Terrible!! Really just don't bother! The story is bad, the writing is worse! Waste of time!
Louise
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
This could have been such a great story, but the writing style felt quite immature. It felt very much as though the writer was given a word or time limit as this was to be a free ebook.
I only gave this two stars (which feels very mean!) because it was free and this may have been the writer's first attempt at a short story, and it's good to support new writers :)
Dee
May 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories
I would have given this a higher rating but I did not care for the content of the story. The writing it's self was very good. I did like the ending and feel for action there is a reaction and Ruth, Jack and Bill did recieve theirs. I did think that the flow of the story was well written and the story line fell in line with plenty of details. I know that the time frame is right for that type of action, but I have never heard that line of thought. It flows well and reads fast, it does reach out an ...more
Jeanine
I certainly wish it was possible to give it negative stars. As it is I decided to give it no stars - one would have been way too much. Without a doubt the most obnoxious, racist piece of drivel I've ever read. I only got it because of my interest in Titanic. This book has NO redeeming quality in any way. Just totally disgusting. Avoid this one like the plague!!!
Douglas Massey
A tale rooted in the factual sinking of the great liner and provides an interesting sub plot to the tragedy.The author is a master short story teller that keeps the reader hooked without deviating from his primary purpose.An interesting muse and engaging without being pretentious in its narrative.
Jasmine Kenning
Aug 31, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book is bad. Really bad. It is grammatically incorrect and, utterly ridiculous. It has no real beginning, no body, & a poor ending. I wouldn't even give it one star, but I couldn't give it none.
Barbara
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
This was very short, had more sensual content than I am comfortable with, and has a very racial storyline put forth a possible reason for the sinking of the Titanic. Most of the writing itself wasn't bad, but the whole story just left me with a sad, uncomfortable feeling, thus my low rating.
Alannah Clarke
Apr 19, 2012 rated it did not like it
Wow! What the hell did I just read? To be honest, I thought this was pure crap. I am so glad that I did not pay for this as the author took a sad tradegy and ruined it with some pathetic so-called curse.

Please don't waste your time.
Donna
Mar 25, 2012 rated it did not like it
A free ebook and i am glad for that. All in all it was a quick easy read and a quick completely different take on what could have happened.
However like a previous review I also found it a racist piece of text so if you are disturbed with that then please avoid it.
Thea (All About Books)
Feb 09, 2016 rated it did not like it
This was a 16 page short story about why the titanic sank. This was terrible. There were loads of spelling and grammar issues. The writing was something of a young child. I don't even know what this is that I read. I'm glad that it was free. No one should be spending money on this.
Jennifer C.
Mar 28, 2012 rated it did not like it
Apparently Vincent McKalin doesn't know the difference between a conspiracy and a curse. This story was so stupid, I can't even believe I read it. I'm so glad it was only a few pages long. He obviously has some racial hangups that I never needed to know about.
Midgetbee
Jan 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: x-2013, a-ipad, mine
Positives: The story is short so it didn't take long to read and the spelling appears correct.

Negatives: The story.

Racist, absurd, and poorly-told.
Gina Folkersen
Aug 25, 2014 rated it did not like it
Is this a joke? Even for a short story this has got to be the worst thing I have ever wasted my time reading.
Doreen Petersen
Mar 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: history
Huge disappointment. Hoping my next read will be much better. Not based on facts at all.
Coleen
Jul 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
The writing was terrible, as was the plot. Don't bother.
Jeni
Mar 11, 2012 added it
Shelves: read-in-2012
It's a quick piece of free fiction. Little more can be said. However, it could be expanded and be so much more especially in the wake left by The Help. Author take note
Sooty
Dec 29, 2016 rated it did not like it
Ooooooo...I read this thinking it was going to give me more about what really happened on the titanic. Instead it was a story about a person getting revenge????
Danica
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
i'm addicted to things relating to the Titanic but this was awful
Sofia