Start by marking “The Trespass” as Want to Read:
The Trespass

The Trespass

3.46  ·  Rating details ·  289 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
First they tried to kill him. Then they took his daughter . . .

Anthropologist Simon Dracup knows that his only hope of finding her alive lies within the pages of his grandfather's diary, the record of a near century old expedition to Mount Ararat, legendary resting place of the great Ark of Noah.

When the CIA pays him a visit Dracup learns that something was found on the
Published (first published February 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Trespass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trespass

F'reez Eegluu
Jun 09, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Appalling.

Disappointing points, in order of sorts:

1. Probably the worst set of dialogues I've ever read, with laughable monologues.

2. 2-dimensional characters. No depth whatsoever, with inconsistent behaviour sets.

3. Poor story line, with massive plot holes and pointless, uninteresting twists.

I always try my best to suspend belief when reading fiction - they are, after all, work of fiction - and go with the flow. But in this case I should've suspended the action of reading altogether.

Wasted time
Kath
Mar 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this cos I enjoyed Black December and wanted to try more of the Author's stuff, even though it is a completely different genre.
I found it to be an enjoyable read, admittedly a tad far fetched in parts but, hey - it's fiction. I found the characters well written and interesting and the twists and turns certainly kept me guessing - good guys are bad guys and bad guys turned out good! At times it was quite hard dragging myself away from it to get on with the banalities of life.
The action s
Elizabeth Tangora
Some interesting ideas mashed together with groan-worthy revelations, and bizarre character motivations. My biggest pet peeve was the way that supposedly earth-shattering information was introduced in a matter-of-fact way, given a few paragraphs of explanation (that usually, on examination, didn't make much sense) and then everybody just keeps going about their business. Throw in a lot of adventure movie cliches (and even if your characters joke about it being cliche, it's STILL a cliche) and yo ...more
Audrey
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book grabbed me from the very begining, I loved it. It had everything you could want from a good read, one word of warning, once you pick it up you will not want to put it down..............
Kathryn Svendsen
Aug 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, thriller
If you like riddles and puzzles, you will enjoy trekking along with Simon Dracup and he seeks to solve the mystery that his grandfather left for him in his diary. He finds out that his grandfather actually located Noah’s ark, and found something of great worth on it. The Korumak Tanri, an ancient cult sworn to protect this valuable artifact will do anything to keep it secret. Dracup needs to find this prize in order to save his daughter. And while the CIA appears to want to help him, Dracup know ...more
Laurence
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The Novel started with promise and an interesting concept but the closer it came to the finale when the ideas became more fanciful. To Add Adam, Eden, the tree of life, the ark of the covenant made the whole idea too surreal to be taken seriously. After a promising start this novel faltered with a very quick surreal ending. Some of the characters were a bit one-dimensional and didn't develop as they should have done. Altogether this novel became too far-fetched and was rather disappointing.
Natalie
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I quite enjoyed this book. The concept wasn't new or unheard of but the details and the way the book was layered kept me entertained enough to read on until the end. I do like twists and turns in books and this one had a few. It had riddles, chases, murders, explosions and plenty more. If you like all of the above, then this book should keep you entertained for a while.
Linda Anders
Indiana Jones-type book, actually tried out every 'trick in the book' or books--too much for one book. Could have done with some serious editing, and I don't mean just copy editing. Still enjoyedenough to finish it. Good beach read.
Sylvia Biondich
Jun 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun and fast read, archaeological thrillers are fun and this one has some spectacular leaps. Good vacation book, but too many plot problems for a serious book club. I would read it again, though! Glad I added it to my kindle.
Stephen
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written, fast paced search for an ancient relic and a creative combination of fact and fiction to create a fun adventure.
Michelle
Feb 08, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
This was ok to read. I had to force myself to finish it.
Kim Johnson
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kobo
I love all the detail and the intrigue.
Chris Lane
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
goood plot, with some nice twists and turns. Well researched and a plot that kept moving. an author that I will definately want to read more from.
Jack
Oct 31, 2011 rated it liked it
Thriller which takes a British anthropologist on a desperate search in the Middle East, uncovering a secret from the past
Leslie Jon
Mar 06, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book! I loved how it all came together at the end.
Penny
Apr 27, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Fairly standard undemanding 'thriller' with archaeological tendencies.
Mel Horne
Nov 26, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure
hmmm ok , it was good in parts but just missed the mark for me .
Dee
Jun 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
Very much an attempt to emulate Dan brown but from a creationist point of view. Not as well written as Dan brown either.
Jacqui Richards
Jun 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Took a while to get into it, but the last few chapters were very exciting, though then finished leaving lots of unanswered questions
Crissy
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read. Lots of twists and turns. Nice to find a clean mystery/thriller. If you are interested in Biblical archaeology, I think you will enjoy this book.
Nigel
Jan 07, 2012 rated it liked it
A very interesting read with a fascinating take on the Noah and the Ark story. Well worth the time to read.
Chris Wiegman
Dec 07, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I simply couldn't finish it.
Dovile
Apr 19, 2014
Mark Van
Dec 01, 2012
Joy
rated it did not like it
Oct 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
The Trespass 1 7 Feb 06, 2012 08:36AM
  • Scarab
  • The Eighth Scroll
  • Blind Evil
  • Brink of Dawn (Chosen #2)
  • Next Move, You're Dead (Next Move, You're Dead, #1)
  • Wages of Sin (Protective Detective, #1)
  • The Last Clinic (Darla Cavannah Mysteries, #1)
  • The Reckless Engineer
  • The Templar Agenda
  • The Istanbul Puzzle
  • Redemption
  • Ignoring Gravity
  • Dead Ringers: Volumes 1-3 (Dead Ringers, #1-3)
  • God's Lions - The Dark Ruin
  • Noah's Rainy Day (A Liv Bergen Mystery, #4)
  • The Fourth Awakening
  • Asylum (Martine LeDuc, #1)
  • Deadly Thyme
Scott was born in Romford, Essex in 1956. His writing career was kick-started after he won first prize in the Sunday Express Short Story Competition. Scott divides his time between writing, IT contract work and drumming. He has recorded with internationally renowned rock band 'Jethro Tull' and appeared in concert with 70's popsters 'Mungo Jerry'.

Scott has recently published his third and fourth no
More about Scott Hunter...