Start by marking “Tis the Season to Be Sinful” as Want to Read:
Tis the Season to Be Sinful

Tis the Season to Be Sinful

The Season For Surprises. . .

Juliet Wentworth knew what she was getting into: a marriage of convenience that will save her estate and protect her family long into the future. But she wasn't expecting to find the passion of a lifetime in her new husband's arms. After just one night, Juliet knows a marriage in name only will never be enough. . .

The Season For Seduction. . .

Published October 1st 2011 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Tis the Season to Be Sinful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tis the Season to Be Sinful

Start your review of Tis the Season to Be Sinful
Sara Reads (mostly) LOTS of Romance
This was BEAUTIFUL. Totally will read this author again, because wow oh WOW. DELICIOUS. UNIQUE. JUICY. ZESTY. Whew full review to come but to sum this book up. Ugh, plot romance steam angst humor PERFECTION BITCH.
Richard.
Juliet.
That is. ALL
Amy
Aug 11, 2011 rated it really liked it

“The strangest thing about Christmas is how it can suddenly grab at you when you least expect it.”

Richard Harper is a successful American entrepreneur who is always up for a challenge. After moving to London three years ago, he still has difficulty being accepted in British society. Determined to succeed in England, Richard embarks in constructing a new steel factory in Cornwell. Reliable sources have confirmed to Richard that any successful businessman in England who wanted to be considered a
Lover of Romance
Tis The Season To Be Sinful, is a holiday novel by Adrienne Basso. Now I am really coming to adore this author, and I still can't believe that I haven't read more of her until now. Every time I read her, it reminds me of a time when I first fell in love with romance, and her writing is so riveting and provocative that it instantly draws you into the story.

In Tis The Season To Be Sinful, we find a story of two people who are destined to love each other, but find stumbling blocks along the way.
Vashti
Mar 07, 2012 rated it did not like it
This book started out with potential, but half way thru I was just plain Bored!!!!

A marriage of convenience. The Heroine wants a real marriage(meaning she wants sex she tells the hero) The hero has a secret fear so he will take the house and the sex but other than that its strictly a business arrangement marriage. Extremly predictable, a rushed ending, and no chemistry what-so-ever between the hero and the heroine. All of a sudden Juliette(the heroine) is in love with Harry(the hero) and wants
Tiffany Day
Dec 26, 2011 rated it it was ok
Story started with potential but author fails to deliver -- characters never fully develop - no real romance - weak story; there are a LOT of Christmas celebrations, though, so in terms of being a seasonal read, it delivers there -- very fast, skim-able read 2 1/2 stars
Rebecca (everyday reader)
A marriage of convenience is not supposed to turn into one of love and passion. Juliet is hooked after her first night with Richard and even though he tries not to, he falls in love with her too. A great Christmas read!!
Natalija
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: historical-misc, dnf
DNF at 55%
I'm so far in and it saddens me to abandon this book, but I'm done forcing myself to read something I don't like. That's not to say that the book is not worth reading. It just wasn't my cup of tea.
TJ
Jul 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Oh for heaven's sake, where do they get these titles?!?! This one has absolutely nothing to do with the delightful story.

For a complete review, visit Affaire de Coeur magazine, hard copy or online at: http://affairedecoeur.com
October 2011 issue.
Robin
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
The plot was promising, but then this one fizzled.
Aly is so frigging bored
I loved this book and discovering this new author! I can't wait to try more books from her.
Carrie Olguin
Jan 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
Boring. DNF.
alvie hoffmann
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story.

I always enjoy Ms. Basso's novels. They are delightful & charming & capture a true sense of love between two people.
I wish the epilogues were more complete with definitive endings, such as the birth of the new baby (babies - twins would be a nice touch) & perhaps the expectation of one for Olivia & George.
I like a romantic novels to have epilogues fast-forwarded where all important loose ends are caught up - similar to solving all the questions in a good
Solange Lawrence
Feelings developed too quickly which ruined the feel for me
Hilcia
Oct 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Tis The Season To Be Sinful by Adrienne Basso is a sweet, heartwarming, family Christmas historical romance that also happens to be quite sexy! Now, I have to admit that the sexy part of it was a bit unexpected and maybe it shouldn't have been, especially with that title, but I think what really threw me about this book for a while is that all those factors are combined and work quite well.

Ms. Basso uses the marriage of convenience trope to develop the romance between the beautiful widowed
Kelsey
Nov 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Juliet Wentworth had it all; a loving husband and a house that was to become their dream house. After her husband passes away suddenly, Juliet is left living in the dowager house with her children and hoping that they can find someone to rent Highgrove Manor so that they have money to get out from under her husband’s tyrannical brother.

Richard Harper is trying to make it in London. It has been a tough go since leaving the Colonies and Richard is finding the English to be less than hospitable
AnnMarie
Jan 05, 2012 rated it liked it
I liked this story a lot. I love romantic period pieces. The title though really had nothing to do with the story but then again, it was the title that caught my eye initially.

Richard, an American self made business man is in London and decides he needs a country estate. The estate he wants, and he always gets what he wants, belongs to Juliet, a widow with 3 children. Juliet is only looking to rent the estate to support herself and her 3 children.

What starts out as a need for independence turns
Dancer
Mar 24, 2012 rated it really liked it

The Season For Seduction. . .

Richard Harper's beautiful new bride has him reeling with desire--and running for cover. After all, falling in love was never
Carla
Nov 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Richard, a self made American, finds himself wanting an estate in the countryside of England. Juliet finds herself under the thumb of her deceased husband's brother and with an estate mounting bills. The solution - marriage. Juliet has hope to open Richard's heart afterall the physical and desire is not the issue. His business keeps him away until Christmas. A possible business investor, relatives, friends, staff, and step-children can overrun his house, can they free the ghosts that cling to ...more
Mary
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-books
This was an emotion-packed Christmas novel in which a marriage of convenience could turn out to be a second chance at love for Juliet Wentworth, a land-poor widow, and Richard Harper, a rich American industrialist looking for respectability among the English ton. Richard wants to buy an English country estate, and he wouldn't mind finding a wife to gain him entry into society. Juliet needs a way to support her three children and a crumbling estate. Neither one expects their business arrangement ...more
Rob
Jul 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really liked it for the most part...just had to get through 3/4 of the book first. Juliet was a beautiful caring, compassionate woman, a widow with 3 children who needed this marriage of convenience to save the family estate. Richard was a money driven workaholic, and well...he was just an ass. He started out ok, but only got worse as his feelings for Juliet grew (his irritating inner battle of "I can't love her, or her children", blah, blah, blah), so needless to say, until he started to open ...more
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved it. Not sure why but I've been on a Christmas kick for the last few days. Not a conventional book that I would choose to read, the time period is a little late for me but I enjoyed the book none the less. There is no grand mystery, or tragic event's that happen in this story. Rather you are presented with a wonderful if slightly unconventional romance, which in itself was sweet and refreshing. 4 stars for a wonderful read.
Brittany
Nov 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Good Christmas feel good romance novel. This doesn't have explicit sex scenes in it and to some that may be a disappointment but I took this book to be more about finding true love an romance then anything else. Very sweet story!
LibraryDanielle
Mar 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
I swear this felt familiar, but I know I haven't read it before. not sure why.
it was OK. the two main characters fell in "love" way too quickly, and it had me rolling my eyes, but it wasn't as foolish as some I've read.
Heather
Aug 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Fun, but could have used a bit more editing - I kept noticing grammatical errors.
ladyanna7
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!!! Wonderful holiday book!
Stacy
Dec 29, 2011 added it
Was a sweet charming holiday read
Beth
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: have-paperback
I enjoyed Richard and Juliet's story. It kept my interest.
Nath
Dec 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
4/5 (B)
Mervin Barrett
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

I like the author's books and this was a good one. I liked the story but was disappointed with the ending.
Zaxs Yacs
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it

The Season For Seduction. . .

• A Season of Ruin (Sutherland Scandals, #2)
  • The Right Kind of Rogue (Playful Brides, #8)
  • Someone to Trust (Westcott, #5)
  • A Lady's Secret (Malloren, #8)
  • My Lady Notorious (Malloren, #1)
  • A Duke Like No Other (Playful Brides, #9)
  • Along Came a Duke (Rhymes With Love, #1)
  • True Spies (Lord and Lady Spy, #2)
  • If Wishes Were Earls (Rhymes With Love, #3)
  • The Viscount Who Lived Down the Lane (Rhymes With Love, #4)
  • Tempting Fate (Providence, #2)
  • The Wayward Bride (Besotted Scots, #1)
  • Lord and Lady Spy (Lord and Lady Spy, #1)
  • Love and Let Spy (Lord and Lady Spy, #3)
  • The Countess Conspiracy (Brothers Sinister, #3)
  • A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove, #3)
  • The Pursuits of Lord Kit Cavanaugh (The Cavanaughs #2)
  • Miss Hillary Schools a Scoundrel (Beau Monde, #1)
Between stints as a corporate financial analyst, marketing consultant, public librarian, wife and mother, Adrienne Basso has parlayed her vivid imagination and desire to tell romantic stories into a writing career. Regency England is her favorite time period and thus far she has set all her historical novels during that elegant time. She enjoys the challenge of creating stories that emphasize the ...more