Start by marking “The Hat Lady in Drag: The Journals of Janet Kent” as Want to Read:
The Hat Lady in Drag: The Journals of Janet Kent

The Hat Lady in Drag: The Journals of Janet Kent

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  8 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Who is the Hat Lady in Drag? Why is Janet Kent addressing her journals to the Hat Lady? From happiness, to humor, to hardship, to hope, Janet's changing emotional tone will keep readers guessing until the end. Janet also knows about love and sacrifice. Now, her ailing husband may die. To find comfort while she hopes for his recovery, she writes down her past in several jou ...more
Published December 21st 2010 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published December 13th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Hat Lady in Drag, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hat Lady in Drag

Michele
Jun 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I must admit that when I got the "The Hat Lady in Drag: the Journal of Janet Kent" by Katherine Archer, after having won it from goodreads, I wasn't too sure I would like the book. The summary on the back of the book was okay but I wasn't expecting a lot. But when I started reading it on Friday afternoon I had a very hard time putting the book down which explains why it only took me until Saturday night to finish the book. "The Hat Lady in Drag" was a good escape book for me.

Janet Kent is in t
KyBunnies
Aug 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Ray & her mom
Recommended to KyBunnies by: Goodreads
If it was possible to rate this book more than 5 stars, then I would rate it. This book takes the reader through the joys and heartache of life and love. With lots of laughter in-between. I honestly do not know what I liked more the balls, the thunderjug, the jello lady or Dr. Jack Me-Off. Ms Archer has written a classic novel that will grace the shelves of my library for all time.
The character's Janet, Matthew, Charles, Adam, and George were wonderful. When you add in a Southern parents that j
Kristina Franken
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book for anyone

FTC: I received a free copy of this book and was not reimbursed in any other way.
Erin
Aug 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads, romance
I graciously received a free signed copy from the firstreads giveaway.

The plot for this book was very interesting. The author is writing a journal to someone while her husband lays in the hospital in a coma. The author's mystery is who the husband turns out to be due to all of the men she loves in her life. I can usually guess things, but she really kept me guessing until the end. I loved that!

The only thing I didn't like was the amateur writing style which made dialogue a bit rough. Conversatio
Lisa
Lyssa
rated it it was ok
Aug 14, 2011
Katherine Archer
May 12, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: romance
Kim Gatlin
Joemmama
Jannah
Jun 15, 2011
Katherine Archer is inspired by chocolate and has a cat who needs therapy. She went from being a tenth-grade high school dropout to being a college English teacher. Her creative efforts stem from growing up in an airline family and traveling all over the world, her vivid imagination as an only child, and the losses and triumphs in her life.

At age thirty-three and armed with little education, Kath
More about Katherine Archer