Start by marking “I Spy Shapes in Art” as Want to Read:
I Spy Shapes in Art

I Spy Shapes in Art

Each of the fourteen magnificent paintings in this book contains a different shape for you to find. Some are easy to spot, and others are more challenging. But take a closer look -- after you think you've found them all, there are even more shapes to look at and discover.

I Spy Shapes in Art features a remarkable variety of artists from around the world, including Georgia O
Published August 10th 2004 by Greenwillow Books

To ask other readers questions about I Spy Shapes in Art, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Spy Shapes in Art

Start your review of I Spy Shapes in Art
Astiazh
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
به نظرم این کتاب همه چیز برای یه کودک داره
از شکلهای هندسی تا رنگ و اندازه ها و نقاشی و خلاصه انواع بازی و آموزش که میتونید با کودکان کار کنید.
هدف این مجموعه تمرکز روی تصاویر و پیدا کردن تصویر و شکل مورد نظر است.
که میتوان بعد از پیدا کردن آن کلی در موردش با کودک گفتگو کرد.
David Haggett
"...[T]he perfect way to introduce fine art to children." No. ...more
Mary
Aug 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent way to introduce children to works of art.
Maki
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Introduces kids to art and reteaches shapes through famous art pieces.
Jeani
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is splendid! Would love a board book version.
Erin Stuhlsatz
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love. There's such a nice variety in the different pieces of art, and I can look at the pictures with my baaaabbbbbyyyyyy. ...more
Bix
Jun 14, 2008 rated it liked it
A clever, artful concept book that presents a series of fine art reproductions, and asks readers to identify particular shapes within each painting. Serving as an introduction to shapes for younger children, this book will also introduce older children to modern art. Featuring a list in the back of the book with title, artist, and current location of each painting, this lovely and intriguing volume will appeal to children ages 4 and up."

SPL Summary: "Presents objects with the shape of a heart,
Lisa  (not getting friends updates) Vegan
Oct 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: for fun & for teaching shapes for younger kids & for art appreciation
I just love the books by this author. The last one I read was set up as this one was, with fourteen paintings, but it was to find colors, not shapes: I Spy Colors in Art. The 2 books would be perfect to read together. So far, my favorite art books for children by her are A Child's Book of Art: Great Pictures First Words and A Child's Book of Play in Art.

This one is a bit of a challenge for younger kids. Some of the shapes are ones they might have to learn, but it’s a terrific way to teach them.
Jennifer Kim
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is a fun and interactive way to introduce young children to shapes and colors. The repetitive nature of the sentences make it easy for children to follow along and the colorful pictures that correspond to it make it a sure favorite for young children. This book draws children in to actively search for the shapes that are mentioned. It also gets young children familiarized with shapes that are used in geometry.This book reminds me of the giant "I Spy" books that I so enjoyed when I was ...more
Janet Squires
Built on the "I Spy with my little eye" games familiar from driving trips, Micklethwait encourages her young readers to find shapes in 14 famous paintings from artists ranging from Warhol to Matisse. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn to look at art in a new way and introduce some of the world's best known talents. ...more
Christy Whitaker
Feb 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: math-concepts
Shapes are found all throughout the art demonstrated in this book. Spying shapes in art is a great way to show students that shapes/math concepts are everywhere. However, I would not use this book when first introducing shapes because of the excessive stimuli and, at times, lack of clarity.
Terry
Borrow if you just want to learn shapes; buy this if you like art and art-quality children's books. Go to the Reading Tub for our review. ...more
Kit
Feb 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
While it isn't the first book I'd use to introduce shapes, many of them my two year old could do. As an adult, it's certainly one of the more interesting shapes books I've seen and it kept T's attention, too, as she looked for shapes. ...more
Holly
Apr 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: art lovers with children in their lives
I love this series of books and so does my child. I love exposing my kiddo to various genres of art. After one read, my son was picking out the shapes and pointing to others as he found them in on the page. I want the entire series on my bookshelf at home.
Rosanne
Mar 19, 2011 rated it liked it
This is a fun book using art work to play I Spy.
Sharlet Mullen
I found this book in the store at the art museum. It is a must have book for the classroom. Keeps the love of art alive. I like the well known artists throughout the book.
ECOS
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Basic, but a fun introduction to look at shapes in art. Really meant for a 2-3 year old.
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: review
showing the art forms and naming shapes for ememgent reader
Beckett
Aug 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
We got this book from the library. I think it would be a good purchase for later.
Austin
May 24, 2008 rated it liked it
I really liked how they used real works of art in the book. It was also fun looking for the certain shapes.
Alicia
THEMES: shapes, art
USES: when teaching shapes and/or about specific artists such as Georgia O'Keeffe, Henri Matisse, and M.C. Escher
Jessica
May 22, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: concept
It is very neat how there are artworks from various famous artists and it challenges readers to find certain shapes in the actual works of art. I like how it integrates math with art.
Hannah
Hector Rodriguez
Sep 17, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Where's My Mummy?
  • Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!
  • 100th Day Worries