Start by marking “Love Finds You in Sunset Beach, Hawaii” as Want to Read:
Love Finds You in Sunset Beach, Hawaii

Love Finds You in Sunset Beach, Hawaii (Sierra Jensen)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  835 Ratings  ·  85 Reviews
Sierra came to Sunset Beach for relaxation--not for world-class surfing and certainly not for romance! When a wealthy friend offers Sierra Jensen a vacation at an oceanfront beach house, she envisions a quiet retreat where she can plan her next move. Instead, she arrives at the start of the noisy surfing competitions and is surprised to learn that her friend had an ulterio ...more
Published October 1st 2011 by Summerside Press

Kristine
It's hard to objectively judge this book, because for me it deserves so many more than five stars just because it's like reconnecting with an old friend. It hardly feels as if nearly a decade has passed since hearing about this girl I related to so well in high school, and it was a pleasant read to see how she has grown during her years in Brazil. Even for those who haven't read previous chapters in Sierra's life, it's an engaging romp through the ups and downs that we go through while following ...more
Dawn
Oct 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Adventurous, independent Sierra Jensen suddenly finds herself at a crossroads in her life. She's spent the last four years doing ministry in Brazil. When her work comes to an abrupt end, she doesn't know what to do next. Accepting the offer of a week in Hawaii with her friend, Sierra hopes to seek God and find out where life's going to take her next. Jordan Bryce is an upcoming professional photographer sent to Hawaii to capture photos of the surfing competition. He's seeking to start making a n ...more
Carrie Turansky
Sep 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book very much! I lived on Oahu and Robin Jones Gunn did a great job capturing the culture and beauty of Oahu. The story included a sweet romance, but also interesting spiritual threads that made me think about the way God works in our lives. If you like inspirational contemporary romance, then I think you will like this book. It was also fun to read about the heroine who was introduced as a teenager several years ago in the Sierra Jensen series by this same author.
Kristen
Feb 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Cute and clean, Christian read. Wish it had more romance and less dramarama. A book should have a minimum of two nice kissing scenes.
Joy Gerbode
Feb 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
A delightful, traditional romance, set in a gorgeous setting, the author paints beautiful word pictures of the scenery, and makes the reader feel at home there. With Christian undertones, the book has a lot going on ... my favorite author has another hit!
Ashley - Book Labyrinth
It was such a treat to read this book. I've been a fan of Robin Jones Gunn since elementary school, so it's pretty crazy and awesome to come back to a favourite character. I loved checking in on Sierra's life and seeing where she ended up. I just loved the feel of this one, and the message.

I do wish there had been more interaction between Sierra and Jordan in the second half of the book, because it seemed like they were constantly missing out on each other and not spending much time together, an
Nov 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Fans of Sierra Jensen will love catching up with an old friend in this novel. Four years have passed since readers last saw the fiery blond with a heart for God. When Sierra's job in Brazil ends, she finds herself at a loss at what do next. When her friend offers her a trip to Sunset Beach, Hawaii, Sierra knows it's a gift from God. She'll have time to catch up with her sister and to figure out God's plan for her life next. When she keeps running into Jordan, a photographer with his own career p ...more
Lena Morrison
I write my reviews in the form of a letter, which is why they are written like this.

Dear Robin Jones Gunn,

I thought this book was okay. I liked it because it was yours, but I wasn't really that drawn in. Sierra is usually such a great character, but I feel she wasn't the same. Jordan was okay.
I guess my problem was that the book was such a cliche romance. I was not surprised by nearly anything. I wanted to be. But nothing really happened.
Jordan and Sierra's relationship was practically non-exi
Jessie Weaver
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I will read anything Robin Jones Gunn writes. I would read her grocery list. Seriously. It was fun to read about Sierra Jensen again and how her life has gone since the last time we saw her. This isn't Gunn's best work, but it's still good and fulfills the Christy Miller fan-girl inside me.
Brooke
Nov 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: robin-jones-gunn
This was an AMAZING book!
Karen
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I related to Sierra more in this book than any of the main series. Her situation of being burnt out and coming to some major life decisions is reminiscent of things I have gone through and am going through as an average adult. Also, it was fun to read this story about Hawaii while I was vacationing there.
Rachelle Cobb
Dec 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Summary

After four years of ministry work in Brazil, Sierra Jensen needs a break. So when a friend invites her to an oceanfront beach house in Hawaii, Sierra envisions a quiet retreat where she can reflect on what's next for her life. Her plan is disrupted by her wild friend's antics, by the noisy surfing competitions on Sunset Beach, and by Jordan Bryce, her handsome new neighbor.

Jordan is an up-and-coming photographer whose lens and attention are focused on the surfers, and he cannot afford an
Sierra
May 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What can I say? It was amazing reconnecting with Sierra and reading about what happened next in her journey. I always loved reading the Sierra Jensen series, especially since my name is Sierra too. ;)

Robin Jones Gunn has always had a way with words and manages to suck me into a book and I can't put it down. I felt like I was reuniting with a long lost friend and in a lot of ways Sierra reminds me of myself, with her free spirit personality and what she wants out of life.

I love her heart for min
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great book!

I never read the Sierra Jensen series, but you didn't need to to enjoy this book. I loved the characters in this book, the setting, and the very real reminder of the importance of remembering to always check ourselves in regards to our walk with God.

I am finding that I am really enjoying the Love Finds you series very much.

Loraine
SUMMARY: Sierra came to Sunset Beach for relaxation—not for world-class surfing and certainly not for romance! When a wealthy friend offers Sierra Jensen a vacation at an oceanfront beach house, she envisions a quiet retreat where she can plan her next move. Instead, she arrives at the start of the noisy surfing competitions and is surprised to learn that her friend had an ulterior motive—namely, introducing Sierra to Jordan Bryce, the tenant staying below them. Jordan is a photographer whose le ...more
Mary  O'Brien
Oct 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
Sierra came to Sunset Beach, Hawaii for relaxation and to make one of the biggest decisions of her life; go back to Brazil or stay in the states. She did not come for the surfing, and she certainly didn't have love in mind.

Jordan came to Hawaii on an assignment. First, he was to photograph a wedding and then the surfing competition. He certainly wasn't looking for love. His career was finally taking off and he was enjoying the ride.

Jordan and Sierra happen to meet at the wedding. This is where t
Trinity Rose
Oct 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
I haven’t read many of Robin’s books in the Sierra series, but this one I thought was superb. So I know the rest would be wonderful. I was so involved with this book. Just had to keep reading to see the many twists and turns and then to see how it ended.
I just love how at the beginning Sierra and Jordan kept meeting at different places and finally got a chance to get to know each other. It was a God thing is how they both called it and I loved that.
In Love Finds You in Sunset Beach Hawaii it
Maggie Rozean
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rachel
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I haven't read very many books in the Love Finds You series, but the few that I have read, I have liked. However, I particularly liked this one because it almost finishes the story of Sierra Jensen whom I had already read about in the Sierra Jensen books written earlier by the author, Robin Jones Gunn. The book can stand well on its own though if the reader is new to Sierra Jensen's story. Anyway though, I thought the book was well written and sweetly entertaining, and I really liked how both Si ...more
Katie W
Jan 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
When I was 12, I read the Sunfire romances like crazy. I loved them because each one took place during some historical event, so not only did I get a history lesson, I also got a very sweet, entertaining romance. This is my first Love Finds You book and I'm sooo excited to have found something similar, but for adults. It sounds like these books are all about different states, or areas within (some states have more than one book about them) and they're inspirational (religious), which keeps them ...more
Tiffanie
Mar 02, 2014 rated it liked it
sierra works for a ministry shes lived in brazil for four years help doing what needs to be done. her time there is up an her good friend is taking her on a trip to hawaii as she figures out what to do next.
turns out her ex is gettin married an her sister needs her to watch her nephew.
out in the hawain ocean she meets a guy. turns out hes the photographer for the wedding.
after the wedding sierra goes to another island witj the friend she came with but due to bad weather she gets there first a
Ashley Carmichael
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is what a matured character should look and act like. Gunn really hit on something here with Sierra. The unresolved relationship worries, the awkward sister and friend moments, and even the unexpected potential for new love are all handled with a spiritual maturity I expect from Sierra. Yes, she has doubts and worries like a human, but she doesn't dissolve into tears or question the relationship 500 times. She communicates and moves forward clearly having learned from her past. The title is ...more
Crystal
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
While I was reading this book I wasn't crazy about it, but when I finished it is really made me think about God, faith, and life's purpose. It's supposed to be a romance, but the romance is very mild and realistic. It doesn't have any of the hot boiling passion that consumes so much of the genre. Instead we have a gentle story about two people seeking direction and purpose and the obstacles that keep them apart. The book get's bonus points because it actually made me feel like I was in Hawaii! I ...more
Shash
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by Robin Jones Gunn, and I loved it! I could just feel the beauty and magic of the Hawaiian Islands. It was written from both Jordan and Sierra's point of view, which I enjoyed. And often after showing us an event through one point of view, the author would rewind and show what the other person was doing or thinking at the time. That was really fun! I felt like I really got to see what was going on as the story unfolded. I'm glad I read this book and went along w ...more
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Hello, Sierra Jensen! It's about time you've returned to us. I loved reading this story, as Sierra was struggling with many of the same issues as I am, wondering what's next for her, if she'll ever marry, etc. And it takes place in Hawaii and you just can't go wrong there. Loved it. Now I'm ready for a Christy Miller book. I know the author said she'll soon release a book w/more Sierra, so hopefully she'll run into Christy in Southern CA.
Beth P.
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This might have been the fastest I've ever read a book, just because of how much I enjoyed it. I just love Sierra's character (I read the original books about her a few years ago), and the beautiful but realistic way Robin Jones Gunn winds her character development and her relationship with Jordan. And, could you ask for a better setting than Hawaii??

Overall, just such a nice, encouraging, uplifting book. ^_^
Kristyn
Jan 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Pretty good story line. Needed more romance. I picked it up because that's the beach where we stayed when we went to Hawaii, so it was fun to read about some familiar locations.

I LOVE that beach. Gorgeous sunsets every night, and prettiest sand in the world. Not really sand though, it is totally crushed, polished shells from the turbulent winter waves. We were there in the summer when it is calmer, not in the winter during the surfing season like the book plot is set.
Pamela Hubbard
Sierra Jensen is a very loveable character and anyone who is a fan of Gunn's books will enjoy this one. For a Christian fiction novel, it is surprisingly realistic. The characters and their situations are believable and there are not too many corny or cheesy moments. I felt that Gunn did a wonderful job of staying true to Sierra's character from her previous series. I am usually pretty critical of Christian fiction books but this one surprised me in a good way.
Tom Long
Feb 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Unlike Gunn's Under the Maui Moon, there is nothing in Love Finds You of a dark or deep aspect to the story. It is simple, unembarrassed, straight-up Christian romance set in one of the most beautiful places in the world. I believe I stayed at the same place where the story takes place on the North Shore (if the story is set at Keiki Beach Bungalows). This would be an excellent suggestion for a teen reader looking for a romantic beach read.
⚜Trea⚜
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: challenges-2011
I wound up very confused for most of this book. Apparently, it was a continuation of one of the author's previous series, and without having read that series, I found the book hard to follow. It also had a very abrupt ending, which I didn't like. If you look at it as part of the series, it does make for a good story, which redeemed this book from a one star rating. Would not actually own this book, unless I had the previous books in the series to go with it.
  • Love Finds You in Prince Edward Island, Canada
  • Love Finds You in Nazareth, Pennsylvania
  • Love Finds You in Silver City, Idaho
  • Love Finds You On Christmas Morning
41954
ROBIN JONES GUNN is the much loved author of over 90 books with more than 5 million copies of her titles sold worldwide. Her Father Christmas books are a Hallmark Original movie. Her popular Christy Miller series now continues in Christy & Todd: The Married Years. Robin's novels and non-fiction works have received multiple awards and are a favorite with book clubs and study groups. Robin and h ...more
More about Robin Jones Gunn...

Sierra Jensen (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Only You, Sierra (Sierra Jensen, #1)
  • In Your Dreams (Sierra Jensen, #2)
  • Don't You Wish (Sierra Jensen, #3)
  • Close Your Eyes (Sierra Jensen, #4)
  • Without a Doubt (Sierra Jensen, #5)
  • With This Ring (Sierra Jensen, #6)
  • Open Your Heart (Sierra Jensen, #7)
  • Time Will Tell (Sierra Jensen, #8)
  • Now Picture This (Sierra Jensen, #9)
  • Hold on Tight (Sierra Jensen, #10)