Start by marking “Absolute Obsession (The Absolute Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Absolute Obsession (The Absolute Series, #1)

Absolute Obsession

(The Absolute Series #1)

Triggering an intervention of fate, 42 year old Rose Gerbaldi, discovers her heart and soul has been forever united with beautiful, 30 year old, British movie star, Michael Terrance. A discovery that compels her reality to firmly reclaim her - consequently devastating the very lives fate had so lovingly entwined. Forsaken by a woman he's never met, unable to control the de ...more
Published May 10th 2011 by Wings ePress Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Absolute Obsession, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Absolute Obsession

April
Nov 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A fairy tale for adults, Absolute Obsession is an amazing read that will make one believe in true and soul fulfilling love once again.

To begin with, I must mention that, though this book is close to 500 pages long, I began it at 2 in the afternoon and could not put it down until I finished at 1:30 the next morning. Okay, yes, I had to take time out for supper and a few things here and there, but when I did, I could not wait to get back to the story. For me this hardly ever happens, especially wi
Lindsay Paige
Interest: Title + Synopsis

Title Thoughts: While it seems a little misleading, I love the title and how it fits with their love.

Cover Thoughts: It's simple, which I like. I love the colors and the lights. The only thing that I don't like is that it looks dark and dangerous and the book isn't. Overall, I do like it.

WARNINGS: There is sex, but not too explicit, in my opinion.

I have been trying all day to get this review published. Internet is finally working now, so here we go:

First, I do want to s
Heavensent1
Oct 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Absolute Obsession is a Romantic Drama.

Rose Gerbaldi obsesses about certain aspects of her life and when this occurs she cannot think about anything else. After reading a book she becomes obsessed with the main character and believes that they are meant to fall madly in love.

Rose's husband, Jim is very accepting of his wife's behaviour. He accepts when she zones out and leaves her loved ones behind until she can wrap up her obsessive feelings and move on with her life.

After Jim encourages Rose t
Kari
Jul 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
Rose is a 40 something married mother and grandmother who experiences episodes of depression. It is during one of these episodes that she becomes obsessed with a character in a book and then with the actor who portrays him in the movie. She writes the actor a letter and he calls her on the phone. Here begins a friendship that develops into an emotional affair. This is the part of the book that made me a bit uncomfortable. I was happy when Rose realizes that she has to break things off and choose ...more
Jessica
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I won a free copy through a First Reads giveaway.

"...while reading a book, I was that person who could never put it down, staying up all hours of the night to finish it and losing myself in the characters and settings." - Rose, page 10.

No doubt this book has an exceptional ability to turn a reader into just that person. I had a hard time putting this down once I finally got started. I was initially put off by the concept of the story line due to it being kind of off-the-wall. However, I just go
Zee
Sep 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I really enjoyed Elizabeth’s no nonsense writing style. She doesn’t go on and on about the scenery or flowery details in an attempt to bring the characters and atmosphere to life. No, it is her constant dialogue, and excellent showcase of each character’s inner turmoil, thoughts and desires that really make this novel shine. This is a slow burn at about 470 pages which takes you on a long and fulfilling journey with Rose. I was completely satisfied with the character development in this novel. Y ...more
Kathleen Kelly
Jun 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Absolute Obsession is a novel about love, loss and how decisions that a person makes in life affect others. Rose is a forty something woman who is relatively happy in her marriage but has dreams of Michael, a Hollywood star, who she ends up writing a letter to after she reads an article about him. Rose does not think that Michael will even read the letter but he does and calls her and they start having regular phone conversations. She is honest with her husband and tells him about the calls and ...more
Laura Burks
Aug 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
When I read this book I was moved by the fact that C. Elizabeth touched on a subject that we are all guilty of ... reading a book and falling in love with a fictional character. What I found so interesting about the way she moved the story is that there is a real person behind the character playing the part in the movie. That person wants what we all want, to be loved and understood. For me, I really enjoyed seeing life through the eyes of two people from opposite sides of life and how they were ...more
ILoveBooks
Oct 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Rose is obsessed...with reading. When she reads, the lines between reality and fiction begin to blur. She begins a book "Only Her" and quickly becomes obsessed...she also becomes obsessed with the manly actor after seeing the movie. Rose is, in fact, married; her husband has tried to free her from her obsession many times before, will he succeed this time?

The novel contains a letter, extreme sadness, ecstatic happiness, and afterglow. The reader will be taken on a journey through a book lover's
Sharon
Aug 29, 2011 rated it it was ok
I was intrigued by the premise of the story, but unfortunately this book didn’t move me. It wasn’t so much the content of the book as the way the story was told. I never felt like I was a part of the story. I was more like an outsider listening to a narration. I never felt connected to the characters. I was just watching them go through the motions.

Another problem I had was the story seemed very plotted out. We went from point A to point B to point C in a methodical and unrealistic way. It is al
Angief
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I could not put this book down; I stayed up half the night finishing it. To be quite honest, it was not at all what I thought it would be. For some reason I thought it was about someone that became overly obsessed with someone else but it wasn’t that at all. It was a really great love story and an amazing fantasy. I will be ordering the next book in this this series, Absolute Obstruction, as soon as possible.

I treasure the books that I get that are signed. It makes them that much more special t
Lorna Godziuk
Nov 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was hesitant to pick this book up as it is a romance which is typically not my 1st choice. From the first chapter I literally could not stop reading. C. Elizabeth succeeded in capturing my attention and pulling me into the lives and feelings of the characters. What an amazing love story. What I love is that although it is over it is not...this is a series. Great job and I would recommend this to anyone!
Jena
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have to say one of the best reads of mine in a long time. I could not put the book down - and for me, that is an achievement. C. Elizabeth writes incredibly and brought out such emotion with the characters. I am so thrilled I received an opportunity to read this book.
Lori
Jun 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: winner-goodreads
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway.
I stayed up reading this book until 4 AM. I enjoyed the book very much. I wasn't sure why Michael has so many anger problems or was it jealousy. I would certainly like to read more by C. Elizabeth.
Kristina Franken
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book for anyone

FTC: I received a free copy of this book and was not reimbursed in any other way.
Patty
Jun 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love the cover and sounds great cant wait to read it...
Esther
Jun 11, 2011
Brittany Farrell
Mar 20, 2017
Tammy Walton Grant
rated it did not like it
Jan 10, 2013
  • Dead of the Union
  • Shadow Song
  • Shattered Into Pieces
  • Dignity Takes A Holiday
  • The Jubilee Plot (Sherlock Holmes & Young Winston #2)
  • The Chauffeur (A Workplace Encounters Book, #2)
  • The Reaper Within
  • The Wanderers of the Water Realm
  • Dead and Moaning in Las Vegas
  • Mightier than the Sword (The Henry Bride Thrillers, #1)
  • Without Alice
  • Among the Dead
  • Reassigned (Codename Fairy Godmother, #1)
  • Dead Blow
  • Beyond Forgiveness
  • Necropolis Now (Zombie Ascension #1)
  • Touching Evil (Leila Marx, #1)
I live in St. Albert, Alberta, Canada with my family and work full-time as a paralegal. During my short writing career I've learned a lot about myself, sometimes to the point that I wonder how the heck I got this far in life and know so little about myself.

Have you ever had something happen to you that makes you shake your head in awe, wondering where it came from? Well that's what happened to me

The Absolute Series (2 books)
  • Absolute Obstruction (The Absolute Series, #2)
“A dream you once were,
A dream of all my realities,
A dream I can no long strive for
In the wake of my manly betayals”
106 likes
“Please do make your decisions in life and feel confident that they are right.
However, if fate is involved, feel just as confident even if they aren’t.”
33 likes