Start by marking “Llama Llama Home with Mama” as Want to Read:
Llama Llama Home with Mama

Llama Llama Home with Mama (Llama Llama)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  3,397 Ratings  ·  217 Reviews
Llama Llama, morning light.
Feeling yucky, just not right.
Down to breakfast.
Tiny sneeze.
Sniffle, snuffle.
Tissues, please!

Ah-choo! Uh-oh, Llama Llama's nose is feeling tickly, his throat is feeling scratchy, and his head is feeling stuffy. Back to bed, no school today for Llama Llama! Instead, he's home with Mama. By lunchtime, though, he's beginning to feel a tiny bit bette
Published August 23rd 2011 by Viking Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Llama Llama Home with Mama, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Llama Llama Home with Mama

Sarah Sammis
Jan 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Sarah by: my daughter
Shelves: pc, read-in-2012
Llama Llama Home with Mama by Anna Dewdney is the fifth of the Llama Llama books and the first one I've read with my daughter. I don't know if she's been reading them at school or just heard about them from her friends, but she insisted on adding this volume to her collection of books.

Llama Llama wakes up not feeling right. After a failed attempt at breakfast, Mama Llama sends him back to bed. He's staying home from school today. Mama knows just what he needs and later when she catches the same
Ezinwanyi
Aug 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is the latest installment of the Llama Llama series. Again, I am forced to read this book 3x in a row. This is my children's favorite series.

I love the interaction between Mama Llama and Llama Llama. My kids seem to relate well to the stories because Llama Llama reminds them of themselves. We have read it so often that my kids say the ending word (so they help me rhyme). This author has done a really good job of telling cute story that entertains kids. I especially like towards the end whe
Luann
Dec 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Poor Llama Llama is feeling sick, so he stays home with Mama Llama. Before the day is over, Mama Llama also starts to sneeze and have a sore throat. Luckily, Llama Llama knows just what to do! My favorite part of this one: the word "shnorltes." Too fun! I highly recommend this series for bedtime read-alouds and/or beginning readers. And of course, this is the perfect book to read when you are feeling under the weather and need a story to cheer you up!
Susan
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book had an intriguing plot, kept me on the edge of my seat!! It took me a few weeks to work my way through it, but well worth it.
Sheila Moran
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These books are gold. My girls love them! We are used to the short simple "Llama Llamas", such as "Llama Llama Red Pajama" and "Llama Llama Nighty-Night", so we were pleasantly surprised when this book was lengthy and written in a story-telling fashion. What I loved about it: Its realistic depiction of sickness running through a household. I didn't know until I had my first child that sicknesses last a month because it passes from one person to another. When Mama gets sick in this story, I laugh ...more
Deania
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid-lit
Another good book we read at bedtime.

The book reminds me of my time home with my kids as I type. It is full of home with momma and sickness. It is great to be able to do take care of my kids and work on projects with them at home.

The setting is great in a home and being able to spend time with momma, unfortunately the circumstances stink, but it is great. It is a good read for anytime. My youngest loves the books since I have started reading them to him. He has asked me to buy more.
Toddler book
Lara Lamb
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Llama Llama is sick at home with his mama and is being taken care of by his mama. Once he begins to feel better though his mama begins to feel sick and it is Llama's turn to take care of his mama. I thought this story was an entertaining way to talk about illness and what parents will do to take care of their children. This story is a good story to use to talk to kids about the importance of helping others feel better and overall just helping other people.
Ame
As always, I love the rhythm of these books (none of them quite match the Ludacris version of "Llama Llama Red Pajama" but he hasn't gotten around to rapping the other titles yet). This book is realistic to me since it shows how quickly and HORRIBLY you can catch an illness from your own kid (traitor).
Racquel
May 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-loan
I read this book with my four-year-old niece. She loves the Llama llama books, including this one. We both give it five stars. Enjoyable and can be read many times together.
  • The Sniffles for Bear
  • Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes
  • Hot Rod Hamster
  • Road Work Ahead
  • The Loud Book!

Llama Llama (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Llama Llama Red Pajama