Start by marking “Being In Balance: 9 Principles for Creating Habits to Match Your Desires” as Want to Read:
Being In Balance: 9 Principles for Creating Habits to Match Your Desires

Being In Balance: 9 Principles for Creating Habits to Match Your Desires

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  1,522 Ratings  ·  109 Reviews
In this inspirational work, NY Timesbest-selling author and lecturer Wayne W. Dyer shows you how to restore balance in your life by offering nine principles for realigning your thoughts so that they correspond to your highest desires. Imagine a balance scale with one end weighted down to the ground, and the other end—featuring the objects of your desires—sticking up precar ...more
Published (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Being In Balance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Being In Balance

Kim
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I took a couple of months for me to read this book because it is a "ponder" book. I found it life changing. As in, I have it with my scriptures; (which I study daily, as nothing fills my soul and teaches me truth like studying the gospel.) It's amazing to me that the obviously inspired author can take many of the truths I learn in church and from the scriptures and re-word the same principle to give it a new application in my life. When I find myself crabby, or needing a little shot of joy, I ca ...more
Drew Constance
Quick thoughts: Inviting, honest and provoking.

I have a few of Dr. Dyers books on my bookshelf sitting there waiting to be read, and after reading Being in Balance, I can honestly say I am exited to get into them. Dyer has a really positive, informative and resonating voice that really connected me to his words of universal wisdom. He offered great, simple approaches to balancing areas of life that are often overlooked and disconnected and shared some beautiful quotes and poetry throughout to sh
Marta
I have read Wayne Dyer, listened to him on audio and watched him speak on PBS. At times he has said things that have made me speculate that he might be tricky to live with, such as saying that his kids from a former wife don't have allergies when they are with him versus when they are with his wife because he teaches them to not believe in allergies. And I have thought, "Yes and you live in Hawaii and maybe your kids don't have allergies to what is there. Ugh."
On the other hand, I think he was a
Gregory Daniel
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
balanced...i believe
Kris
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-development
One of my favorite reads
Rubina
The concept of balance defines our Universe, but ever so often we have to be reminded of the need to restore this nature equilibrium in all aspects of our life. This little book provides us with the nine principles to help restore this balance. The focus of these nine principles is about the realigning of our thoughts, that if our thoughts are not aligned with our desires these thoughts are then resistant energy which counters our desires. Basically, as stated in Law of Attraction, we become wha ...more
Lizabeth
Feb 08, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I liked parts of this book. The problem I had with it is that you can find all of these kernels of wisdom - with more more clarity and truth - in the Book of Mormon and the Holy Bible. It does help, sometimes, to see things from anothers' perspective or using different language than we're used to but overall I found it lacking in delivery, not aesthetically but in substance. Go right to the source: the scriptures!
Jean
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I give 5 stars to Wayne Dyer - he was a master. When I am feeling low, down, helpless, I pick up one of his books and get an instant reminder of who I am, what I am capable of, and he sets me right again. Priceless.
Abbie
Jun 12, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were good insights and reminders in this book. While the writing was nice and simple it was almost simple to the point of losing some of the deeper truth in the writing. In any case, this was a good, quick read that reminded me of truths necessary to live by.
gerry divine
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very good

It is very insightful, inspiring, informative and interesting book .it has a very balanced view of human existence and God.
Ann
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's all about Perspective

This is a simple reminder when you lose track of yourself, what is truly important. You get back what you put out into the universe. Loved it!
R
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wise-words
I get something new out of this every time I read this. It is my go to for attitude adjustment
Lani
May 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Read this book in piecemeal and found it refreshing every time I picked it up. This is definitely a book I will be referring to every so often.
Randi
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Wayne. Great Spiritual self help/law of attraction/positive thinking book. Along with exercises and tips for applying good habits to your life.
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thought provoking

You don't realize that what you are feeling is out of balance..until Dr Dyer helps you realize how easy it is to realign. I suggest the audiobook.
Corrina
I loved this book so much I shared it with someone i love hoping it could inspire hem as it did me.
لولوه  الرفاعي

الموازنة بين الروح والماد
Anna H
May 10, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: partials-dnf
Got to page 38 and then stopped when Wayne W. Dyer told me my soul was out of balance because I may have enjoyed a movie or two where violence was portrayed.

Dyer had a lot to learn. Although he was a very successful (motivational speaker? self-help guru?) writer, I had the feeling he lifted most of the material in the book from better writers like Jon Kabat Zinn and then tried to mine material from "The Secret" series. Sorry I wasted my money on this.....
ماريا جبارين
"Being an enemy of a crime ...make you part of it" I will remember this sentence for the rest of my life ...
I read the arabic copy from this book ..amazing one ..I recommend
ان تكون معاديا لجريمه معناه ان تكون جزءا منها
سأتذكر هذه الجمله طيلة حياتي ..هذا الكتاب سيغير ادراكك لاشياء كانت عاديه ...انصح به بشده..
Lady of the Tower
I love this book. This is just a fantastic read, and one I will be re-reading for a very long time to come. Wonderful.
Pat Jennings
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully written in simple loving tones, Dr Wayne Dyer speaks to the all important balancing acts called our lives.
Ulla
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much wisdom. I admire Wayne Dyer's teachings.

"Take a little more time to enjoy your life here on this planet: Be more contemplative by noticing the stars, the clouds, the rivers, the animals, the rainstorms, and all of the natural world."

"Make a deliberate effort to give someone your place in line rather than hurrying to be first."

"You break the cycle of violence in the world not by hating violence, but by being your own instrument of peace."

"... right here, right now, wherever you reside is cra
Michael J Pattavina
Simply written and refreshing.

Enjoyed reading this book because of Wayne s style of telling like it is with straightforwardness and compassion. Plenty to think about.
Masha Sibil
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a great book to listen to while you're doing something. Probably, better would be to listen to it more than once for the ideas to sink in.
I like how simple Wayne Dyer puts everything into words. You may not understand it the first time, but he rephrases himself and there you go, your answer.
I've read quite a few books on self help and spiritual growth and I gotta admit that some things from this book were really useful and surprising.
The last chapter, where he tallked about love after in-l
Jenneffer
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't even finished this book yet, but let me tell you, it's been one of the most liberating and uplifting experiences of my life listening to this. Dr. Dyer shares his findings along his personal journey to balance and wholeness, and the changes he posits are very simple, but very powerful. His ideas of balancing your energy with the goals you want have nothing to do with fighting, but all about love. "Love is empowering, fighting is weakening." Forget New Year's Resolutions, just start bei ...more
Terry
Jun 25, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is a lot of very good content in this book. It is a bit of Eastern Mysticism meets Christianity, leaving it a bit muddled. Without trying to dissect and argue about where I agree with him and where I think he's on dangerous ground, I found the book interesting and even energizing at times. Getting past his comparison of God with the tao from ancient Chinese writings in a difficult stretch for me, even if the tao writings have some useful content.

If you can get past some of that, there are
Marci
Jul 21, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-self-help
I found some very insightful, encouraging thoughts in Dr. Dyer's book. He believes in the Law of Attraction, which in essence dictates that we draw to ourselves what we think about. While I'm not sure I learned anything that stood out as sparkling and new, it was a great reminder that we should live with and through the Light of Christ. That by doing so we live in joy and contentment and spread that joy to others. Dr. Dyer, of course, doesn't say it like that, he being more than a bit of a New A ...more
Beverly McCall
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As we start another year in our journey of life, one tends to turning to reading sources that can help in the restoration of balance in one’s life. Dr. Wayne W. Dyer shares nine principals to help the reader refine their thinking, actions and habits in their quest for a re-alignment to a balance life. Using these principals, the reader taps into their creative self and through reflection a re-alignment process occurs.
Tara Brabazon
Jun 19, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Dreadful, dreadful book. The large type size on the pages of this book is inversely aligned with the quality of the ideas. Dyer stated that, "I love this book. I love the way it feels in my hands, and I love the message it has for you."

This is a poor, pseudo self development 'book.' Basic ideas about thinking, feeling and believing are supposedly a medication for the ruthless exploitations of the workplace, racism and sexism.

Very very poor.
ضُحى حُسام
الكتاب لطيف،
كنتُ قد قرأتُ له مسبقًا: " سوف تراه عندما تؤمن به "، وكان له أكبر الأثر من بين جميع الكتب ذات هذا الطابع،
الكثير من الأفكار تكررت من الكتاب الأوّل، لكنّه إجمالًا ممتع،
حين تقرأ للـ د. وين داير تحسّ أنّك في أُلفة مسبقة معه، كأنّه يقرأ أفكارك فكتَب، كأنّك تجلس مع صديقٍ لست في حاجة إلى الحديث أكثر مما أنت في حاجةٍ إلى الانصات،
أحببت أكثر شيء، آخر فصلين.
Goodreads Librari...: Being in Balance by Wayne Dyer, page number 2 12 Mar 11, 2017 02:10PM
  • Change Your Life in 30 Days: A Journey to Finding Your True Self
  • The Ensign, November 2013
  • 101 Power Thoughts
  • How to Meditate: A Guide to Self-Discovery
  • The Unmistakable Touch of Grace: How to Recognize and Respond to the Spiritual Signposts in Your Life
  • Happiness Now!: Timeless Wisdom for Feeling Good FAST
  • Don't Die with Your Music Still in You: A Daughter's Response to Her Father's Wisdom
  • Focus: Achieving Your Highest Priorities
  • One Big Thing: Discovering What You Were Born to Do
  • The Path to Love
  • Living with Your Heart Wide Open: How Mindfulness and Compassion Can Free You from Unworthiness, Inadequacy, and Shame
  • The Gift of Change: Spiritual Guidance for Living Your Best Life
  • President Reagan: The Triumph of Imagination
  • When Fish Fly: Lessons for Creating a Vital and Energized Workplace from the World Famous Pike Place Fish Market
  • The Lost Art of Compassion: Discovering the Practice of Happiness in the Meeting of Buddhism and Psychology
  • Love For No Reason: 7 Steps to Creating a Life of Unconditional Love
  • Sisters in the Wilderness
  • Your Soul's Gift: The Healing Power of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born
Wayne Walter Dyer was a popular American self-help advocate, author and lecturer. His 1976 book Your Erroneous Zones has sold over 30 million copies and is one of the best-selling books of all time. It is said to have "[brought] humanistic ideas to the masses".

He received his D.Ed. degree in counseling from Wayne State University. He was a guidance counselor in Detroit at the high school level and
More about Wayne W. Dyer...

“It is better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you are not.” — ANDRÉ GIDE” 1 likes
“there’s no such thing as stress; there are only people thinking stressful thoughts.” 0 likes