Start by marking “Been There, "Scene" That: The Top 10 Scene Development Tips Every Writer Needs to Know” as Want to Read:

Read Book

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  19 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
A story is just one scene after another. Picture the setting, the characters. Listen to them breathing and the cadence of their speech. Study the thing they're shielding behind their back. Force them to reveal it. Paint the scene in short strokes, vivid colors and make sure the character's goal is clear. Then film your characters as they act.This is the job of an author. I ...more
Nook, 13 pages
Published March 29th 2011 by Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas (first published March 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Been There, "Scene" That, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Been There, "Scene" That

Peggy
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Don’t give it to her! Deliver more and more suspense to your lead character and move the story forward. ‘Show’ the background, show the conflict, and deliver surprise with emotion. Learn to open scenes and put them to work. Eddie shows you what every scene needs and how to use short or long scenes for great story.

Are you a new writer, a seasoned writer, or an avid reader? You haven’t ‘scene’ anything like this book. For a short-read, it’s packed full. After reading this book, I re-worked my sho
Elaine White
Feb 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book had some good ideas and helpful hints for developing scenes in a novel. I've often found it difficult to progress a scene or novel after putting together a detailed set of notes with an exact plan of what I want to do. By the time I get that far, I've lost my inspiration for making that 'event' or 'scene' into a real life novel scene.
Catrina Barton
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A fabulous craft book, chocked full of fun little tricks and tips for creating strong, relevant scenes.
Devin Lind
Jan 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, writing
I read the Kindle version, which was dreadfully edited. Had it been properly edited, I think I would have enjoyed it more. There is some good advise, though.
Ryan Rawlins
May 12, 2013 rated it liked it
This book has some good points for structuring scenes.
Michelle Cary
Aug 29, 2015
Seth
Jun 11, 2015
Eddie Jones
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Daniel mCnab
is currently reading it
Jan 22, 2016
Chris Brooks
Feb 01, 2016
Eddie is Founder and CEO of Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas and co-founder of Christian Devotions Ministries. He is also an award-winning novelist of middle-grade fiction for boys. If you have questions about the book publishing industry, the writing process, or any of my books, email Eddie at: eddie@eddiejones.org.