Start by marking “Coffin Humor” as Want to Read:
Coffin Humor

Coffin Humor

2.74  ·  Rating details ·  66 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Noah awoke in a casket.
The casket was on display in a funeral parlor.
He awoke several times more in the same casket and each time had a conversation with the funeral services practitioner, a strange man named Jeremy Black.
During these exchanges, he became aware that his memory was seriously impaired.
Each time, however, he learned a little bit more about his past through a
Kindle Edition
Published (first published April 3rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Coffin Humor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coffin Humor

Grampy
Feb 23, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Coffin Humor" by John Brinling is not your every day kind of humor story. But it is entertaining in a rather bizarre way. A man keeps waking up in a coffin at a mortuary every morning, wearing a different outfit each time. He can't remember much of anything, including why he's there. Nevertheless he engages in banter with the undertaker regarding the various prices for different coffins or cremation urns, while the undertaker rather abruptly insists that he get out of the coffin and leave, or h ...more
Read2review
This was an interesting short story in a ‘gotcha’ format. The story opens with Noah waking up in a coffin in a funeral home. The funeral director discovers him lying there and an ongoing discussion results. Noah can’t quite figure out how he ended up in the coffin or why he woke up. This is an imaginative and interesting short story with a cool twist. I don’t want to go into too many details because of the nature of the story.

I like John Brinling’s style. He keeps the reader entertained througho
Robert Beveridge
John Brinling, Coffin Humor (Amazon Digital Services, no date given)

My first exposure to John Brinling. And, honestly, had I not downloaded a couple of other things at the same time (viz. review of the much-superior A Memorable Weekend elsewhere this ish), it probably would have been my last. My best guess is that this is meant to be a kind of sci-fi/mystery hybrid, and I think in the hands of someone with a bit more experience trying to pull that thing off, it might well have been a cracking li
Cathy
Jul 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
How would you like to wake up in a casket, sitting in a funeral parlor, day after day? That's what's happening to Noah. He doesn't have complete memories a dead wife and the man she was going to testify against. What is really going on?
You'll have to read this ebook to find out. I'm not telling.
Jen
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Meh, for a free Kindle short it wasn't bad, but it was very confusing, with all of the action happening too quickly at the end. It wasn't overly coherent, due to the main character not being coherent himself. I personally don't like to read from the point of view of a crazy person, so this didn't really appeal to me.
Linda
Feb 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book to my husband one evening and we both laughed out loud a lot. It has some bad language in it, which we could have done without, but the story was still good despite this. We haven't felt that other stories we've read by this author have been as good.
Jamie Lyn
Sep 26, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The writing is actually painful to read. I thought this was written by a middle or high schooler. The author tried to make the writing read like people talk but it just didn't work.

The concept is cool but it would need to be more thought out for a real story.
Jody
Jul 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was a very short story that I read on my Kindle. It took about 5-10 minutes for me to read it. I didn't pay for the book, it was an Amazon freebie.

All that being said, I enjoyed it immensely! It was suspenseful and the ending was unexpected and made me laugh!
Jack
Aug 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A weird short story with a bit if a surprise ending. Lovin' these freebie short stories I got on my Kindle.
Bookish Enchantment
Intersting concept. The problem was it was a little too rushed and the subject matter did not really make it a good short story.
KyBunnies
Aug 22, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to KyBunnies by: Amazon
The writing of this short story is kind of like a Stephen King knock-off. This was a free download in the Kindle store.
Anne-Kathrine
Jul 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-on-kindle
Funny sarcastic short story :)
Elaine
Peter Cornell
Jun 08, 2017
Katie
Jul 09, 2011 rated it it was ok
Thank goodness it was free. I would have been upset if I had paid money for it. A bit confusing.
Nicoleallen