Start by marking “Set Free to Live Free: Breaking Through the 7 Lies Women Tell Themselves” as Want to Read:
Set Free to Live Free: Breaking Through the 7 Lies Women Tell Themselves

Set Free to Live Free: Breaking Through the 7 Lies Women Tell Themselves

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  52 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Practicing physician helps women gain freedom from insecurities, fears, and misconceptions they have about themselves.
Published May 1st 2011 by Fleming H. Revell Company (first published March 26th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Set Free to Live Free, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Set Free to Live Free

Victor Gentile
Apr 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Saundra Dalton-Smith in her new book, "Set Free To Live Free" published by Revell is "breaking through the 7 lies women tell themselves.

The more you tell a lie the more it becomes like truth and therefore becomes believable, at least to the person telling the lie. Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith looks at the 7 lies that women tell themselves and how to break free from their hold.

The seven mental lies that hold you back and steal your joy are: 1) Perfection, 2) Envy, 3) Image, 4) Balance, 5) Control, 6)
Apr 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: SET FREE TO LIVE FREE
Author: Saundra Dalton-Smith, MD
Publisher: Revell
May 2011
ISBN: 978-0-8007-1993-7
Genre: Inspirational/Christian living

Imagine a life with unlimited possibilities…

A life where fear, misconceptions, and insecurities don’t have the power to rob you of your potential or your dreams.

An impossible dream?

Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith takes the opportunity to show us in her book, SET FREE TO LIVE FREE, that this isn’t such an impossible dream. It can become reality. Dr. Dalton-Sm
Susan
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever felt overcome by fears, misconceptions, or insecurities? If not, you're probably not human, so go on to the next blog.

But for the rest of us, this probably sounds all too familiar. There's a new book you may want to read: Set Free to Live Free: Breaking Through the 7 Lies Women Tell Themselves by Saundra Dalton Smith.

Smith is a doctor, and as I read this book I found myself wishing I could be one of her patients. I could sense that she has a lot of insight, and genuine concern for
Shelley Hitz
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! I had it on my "to read" list for a long time and yet God knew the perfect time for me to read it. God used a story Saundra told in the beginning of the book about one of her patients to identify some roots to some issues I've been having. Even though it's hard to allow God to do the deeper healing, it is worth it!

I really liked how she organized the book as well with the five stages of freedom:

1) Illumination - Peak inside yourself
2) Activatioin - Change is hard work and it m
Gail Welborn
Sep 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews

Set Free to Live Free, by Saundra Dalton-Smith, MD, Revell, 2011, 219 Pages, ISBN-13: 978-0800719937, $12.99

In Set Free to Live Free Dr. Dalton-Smith, board certified Alabama internist, illustrates how women’s spiritual and mental choices impact their physical health. Choices she saw disguised as nonspecific complaints in countless exam room visits with her “predominantly female population.”

Many patients, unable to describe a specific illness, listed ambiguous fears, insecurities, frustrations
Maurissa Mitchem
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are ready to face the truth and start identifying and overcoming the things that are keeping you from being free, then this book is for you. Dr. Dalton-Smith provides relatable examples and thought provoking questions to help women "break through the 7 lies" we tell ourselves. This is a book that you'll read more than once!
L. Michele D
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story was so motivational, I found myself taking notes! I thought it was extremely insightful and informative.
Adrienna
The title is what attracted me to read the book. However, once I open the book to read on my Android tablet (eBook) version from the digital library, wasn't what I expected to read.

The author does point out some good points for women; not about perfection but to have love, joy, happiness, peace should be what you are seeking. "Perfection within out lives can only be extracted from the truth of God's Word. Meditating on principles that edify and equip produces growth within your spirit to allow
Sonyetta
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I almost didn't finish this book. Not because there's anything wrong with it, it just didn't really speak to me. As someone who has read a lot of books on developing myself, this seemed shallow. There's just a lot of "do this" without really telling you HOW to do it. I was glad I finished it however as God did use the last couple chapters to speak to my heart. Thus the two stars vs. one. I'm not saying you shouldn't read this book, but I don't necessarily recommend it.
Melainia Mcclain
I'll give this book two stars for effort, and perhaps it will help some people out there who can't fathom their own potential strength separate from an all powerful father god figure, but any book that claims no one can be free and happy without a foundational relationship with Jesus is not a book for me.
Janet Eckles
  • I Have Loved You: Getting to Know the Father's Heart
  • Art of Neighboring
  • Desires of My Heart - Meditation on Psalm 37:4
  • Good News for Those Trying Harder
  • The Ways of God (Finding Purpose Through Your Pain)
  • The Hour That Changes the World: A Practical Plan for Personal Prayer
  • More Than Ordinary: Enjoying Life with God
  • Healing for Damaged Emotions (David Seamands Series)
  • Beautiful Battlefields
  • Unfriend Yourself
  • Spiritual Warfare for Women: Winning the Battle for Your Home, Family, and Friends
  • Handle with Prayer: Unwrap the Source of God's Strength for Living

• Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Fall Down 7 Times Get Up 8: A Young Man's Voice from the Silence of Autism
    $13.99 $1.99
  • I Am Not Myself These Days (P.S.)
    $13.24 $1.99