Start by marking “Hero of her Heart” as Want to Read:
Hero of her Heart

Hero of her Heart

From the moment Bethany Warner was born, Sheriff Tanner Montgomery was on the run. And he was only four at the time. Their mothers’ matchmaking efforts finally ended when Bethany’s family moved away. Now, ten years later, she’s coming back to Ruby Creek and his mother is up to her old tricks again.

Tanner is happy with his life just the way it is. No emotional entangleme
Published April 14th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Hero of her Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hero of her Heart

Having Faith by Abbie ZandersDangerous Secrets by Abbie ZandersGuardian Angel by Abbie ZandersSeeking Vengeance by Abbie ZandersHouse Calls by Abbie Zanders
Comfort Books
121 books — 22 voters
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie PerkinsIn Another Life by Jo CattellWhatever It Takes by J.M. StewartWhen Angels Fall by Jo CattellThe Green Hills of Home by Emma Bennet
Sweet romances
384 books — 319 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Hero of her Heart
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
Very Cute read....

*Spoilers*

photo Swoon_zpsfsboegpk.gif

Their mothers are best friends and they have been planning the marriage of their son and daughter since Bethany Warner was born. Four years older, Tanner has always seen Bethany as the pesky lil girl his mom pushed on him, always taggin along. Childhood Friends until Bethany moves away with her parents after high school. Tanner has no plans on ever getting marriread....
Sam
Feb 11, 2012 rated it did not like it
I can't believe I've wasted 2 hours of my valuable reading time reading this book. To be as cliched as everything in this book it was like driving by a train wreck, I kept wanting to turn the reader off but kept going to see if it possibly got any better. Yes, this book was free on Kindle, but save yourself some time and don't bother with it.

I am not an overly hard reviewer. I ask to be entertained and allowed to escape into a world that I'm reading into and care about those that I'm reading ab
Bonnie
Aug 26, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, fiction, romance, ebook
I have stooped to a new low. This was a free kindle book, and since my kindle fire’s bookshelf is poor-mother-hubbard bare, I thought I’d take up the free offer. The ONLY reason I am listing this as a read book is so that I can get the credit of one book towards the 53-finished-books-in-2013-goal that I set in January, a goal I’m running behind on (not to worry, I ALWAYS meet my goal).

The start to the book description: "From the moment Bethany Warner was born, Sheriff Tanner Montgome
Nicky
This was really good. I loved every character, even though Bethany irked me towards the end (view spoiler).. I wish the beginning was longer though, just because is was so sweet. I wanted to read more about young Tanner and Bethany.. The ending was pretty close to perfect! I loved it except I was wanting maybe an epilogue or something.

Secondary characters- I did find it a little odd how close this group of people we
Jeanette Hornby
Jun 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars-plus
The beginning of this novel was unique and piqued my interest. The story was such an easy read with a good amount of sexual tension and the characters were likeable. The ending was a little cheesy but still enjoyable. 4 Stars.
Michelle
Apr 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Good book

You people should just read this novel yourselves and write your own review on this novel yourselves and I really enjoyed reading this novel very much so. Shelley Ma
Lisa
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
The ending.

A good book typical romance catching the one that got a way, but the ending was missing a lot. Its like the author was like yeah thats enough.
Lisa Spinden
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good

Easy reading. Funny. Light hearted. Easy to follow. Short story. Good describing characters and scenery. Fell in love with Tanner
Sep 29, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Hero of Her Heart was a quick, fun summer read. From the moment Bethany was born both her parents and Tanner's parents were pushing them together. Tanner did not like this at all, especially since he was only four years old when it all started. His whole life his mom has been trying to get him together with Bethany, the tall lanky girl who follows him everywhere.

Bethany has always loved Tanner. She follows him around and hopes that one day he will notice her. Her family moved away at
Emily
Even at four years old Tanner Montgomery knew two things, he would never get married and he would be Sheriff one day like his daddy. Over the years though his matchmaking mother never wavered with the hope that one day her best friend's daughter Bethany Warner would be his bride. To Tanner, Bethany was a pest always following his footsteps and having to include her when he was hanging out with is buddies. He got a reprieve though when Bethany moved away, but now she is back for a month and his m ...more
Amanda
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read this when it initially came out about 4 years ago, then forgot about it and read it again. It's pretty fluffy, not very remarkable though. Premise is she's been in love with him since birth, and he never was interested. She moved away at 18 and they don't see either for 10 years. She's supposedly a late bloomer, and now comes back to town as the hottest bombshell ever. She claims she was always shunned in school for her looks, then she became great liking but was too focused on her ridicu ...more
Suzie
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dorothy Gagnon
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Childhood Friends Grow Up

Tanner was four years old when his mother's friend had Bethany. As they grew up next door to each other, Bethany was set on marriage to Tanner eve though he treated her like his little sister. Once she left for college, they didn't get to see each other and only their moms kept in touch.

Now Bethany returned to her hometown for an award presentation and couldn't wait to see Tanner. He on the other hand was only interested in law enforcement and being Sh
Kayla
Feb 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: box-7
I give this book more of 2.5 because it was somewhat enjoyable if you can over look some sappiness. Bethany has loves Tanner forever. She moves away right after high school a skinny flat chested plain Jane and comes back 10 years later smoking hot and stacked oh yeah she is a virgin to boot. She chases Tanner shamelessly he resists because she "deserves more" (he has vowed never to marry). She wears him down. Then she leaves town brokenhearted because she doesn't think she is woman enough for hi ...more
Angie
Jun 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good story about two people that grew up together that saw each other after ten years apart. They both had changed physically and they both still had all of the old feelings about each other they were dealing with. Tanner wasn't sure how to deal with Bethany since she had changed so much physically. Bethany wasn't going to chase Tanner she was going to get him to chase her. Tanner can't seem to say what he means when Bethany is around and she overhears part of a conversation Tanner is ...more
Michelle
I like the concept of loving someone since you were a child. Bethany has loved Tanner since she used to follow him around when she was a little girl. She comes back home for a visit and still loves him. He's a sheriff and decides that he will never marry, in case he dies in the line of duty. It was a cute read, pretty fluffy. It felt kind of rushed toward the end. Tanner went from never wanting to get married to falling in love and buying a ring too quickly. And toward the very end, he goes to t ...more
Neena Christianson Martin
Love of a lifetime

Bethany has loved Tanner her whole life, and he has thought of her as a pest to keep running away from. Now she's back home and all grown up, and not the awkward beanpole she was when her family moved away. Now the tables have turned, and Tanner is chasing Bethany. Between his momma, brother, and his best friends, the two are having all kinds of misunderstandings. This is a very good book, and the only reason I gave it 4 stars was due to some editing errors, which is a pet pee
Maureen Hoar
Apr 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a very sweet love story. An obstinate man, Tanner, who refuses to marry reunites with a childhood friend, Bethany, that he hasn't seen since high school. Bethany was a beanpole and plain when she left town. Tanner takes one look at the adult Bethany and he looses his whits. The entire town of single males are lining up around the block to have a chance with Bethany, but she only has eyes for Tanner. She and his mother set up a plan to make Tanner change his mind about marriage.
I found
Char (1RadReader59)
Oct 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What an absolutely funny happy HEA love story. I was laughing out loud with this story. To the point where I was dragging my husband into the storyline cuz he wanted to know what was so funny. The characters were so loving thought out & real that I could see so many different parts of different of my own friends. You will not be disappointed if you read this story. Maybe frustrated at times because Tanned is wishy Washy at the enth degree. But he recovers well.
Susan
Sep 20, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice enough read but there was really nothing new in either the story or the plot to really grab me and make me give this a higher rating. It was well written and many people would probably feel this is too low a rating, however for me, this book failed to really grab me. someone who does not read as much as I do would probable enjoy this book though so dont let my personal review turn you off.
Heather Wardrup
A charming story that shows how time can change people, and a smidgen of confidence can go a long way. The writing was pretty good, the plot development progressed well and the characters were easy to like (even the supporting characters). Well, all except for the Mom. I wanted to gag her after a few appearances, but the funny thing about her character is we all know someone just like her. I would certainly recommend this to anyone who enjoys a sweet romance.
Jo Smith
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
A beautifully written story of ever-lasting love & how your first love could be the love for the rest of your life. Written from both perspectives, this story builds hope & real empathy for the characters. From Tanners stubborn view point to Bethany' s insecurities, you are rooting for this couple right from the start. A will they, won't they with a little nooky added in for good measure. An enjoyable & easy read which I very much enjoyed!
audrey McCormick
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful love story

Only imagine having a group of boys growing up and having a younger girl who is not your sister tagging along every where you went! Then growing up, going separate ways and coming back together years later, to discover a love that grew through all those years. Tanner and Bethany...beautiful love story.
Karen Wood
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is a quick, fun book, following tanner and Bethany, as the tables turn, she was always tagging along as a child but now she is grown up and full of curves, Tanner wants her but scared with his job that he cant give her the life she wants and deserves.

loved this book as much as i love all of Lindsey's other books.
Nov 04, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute little home-town romance story. Well written although not super deep. I loved the image of awkward Bethany following Tanner around as a child. Some other reviewers indicated that some interactions between Bethany/Tanner were unbelievable, but I thought they were cute and clearly in the story for comedic purposes.
Raychel
Apr 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Very cliche book with the most ridiculous misunderstandings between the two main characters, but a quick mindless read nonetheless. I found it entertaining, though the silly misunderstandings did make me cringe. Glad this was a free kindle book.
Sue
Oct 13, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Story that could have been great, but fell short. The main characters had promise but with stilted conversations and not-so-great editing, this book was more like a rough draft. Maybe this one could be re-worked and re-published - and be great!!
Margaret Klein
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
An Heart in need of caution: mild profanity, and sexual scenes

"Hero of her Heart", by Lindsey Brookes. I really enjoyed this book it was so much fun, laughing at some of the dialogue between the characters. This an sweet romance that is predictable and short.
Beth
THe characters were good. I felt the connection between them. The ending just seemed so sudden and abrupt. I just wanted to more. The supporting characters were colorful. Makes me wonder if this is a series. i would love to read about the other guys in this small Texas town.
Jean
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Great book

This turned out to be a good book. While it did not have much suspense in it it was a good book. I don't think I will add to my read again list but I really cannot complain about this book just not exactly what I was looking for.

• Keegan (Texas Rascals #1)
  • Have My Baby (Crescent Cove, #1)
  • Chaos Theory (Nerds of Paradise, #2)
  • Loving From Afar (The Women of Independence, #1)
  • Beware the Ranger
  • You Don't Know Me
  • Rebel's Retribution (1)
  • Protecting Olivia (The Red Team #2; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Playing With Fire (All Fired Up #1)
  • Burglary Blues (Lexie Sarcone/Michael Riley, #1)
  • Belle of the Ball  (Desperate and Daring, #2)
  • Hard Landing (Echo Platoon, #2)
  • Free (707 Freedom #1)
  • Finding His Mark (Stealth Ops, #1)
  • Colton (Army Wives, #1)
  • Lachlan (Men of Siege, #1.5)
  • Kade (Wyoming Brothers Book 1)
  • Miles (Army Wives, #3)
Romance author Lindsey Brookes grew up reading romance novels. She penned her first romance, a historical, at the age of seventeen. From there she went on to join Romance Writers of America where she learned the ins and outs of the publishing business and ways to hone her craft. She switched to writing contemporary romance and has finalled in/or won more than 75 RWA chapter sponsored contests with ...more