Start by marking “Something's Fishy, Hazel Green (Hazel Green, #2)” as Want to Read:
Something's Fishy, Hazel Green (Hazel Green, #2)

Something's Fishy, Hazel Green

(Hazel Green #2)

Every year Mr. Petrusca-the best fishmonger in town-finds the biggest lobsters for one of his very best customers, Mr. Trimble. But when a thief steals the two splendid lobsters, Mr. Petrusca is more upset than anyone can understand. Hazel Green knows there's something fishy going on, but what could it be? Through clever sleuthing, guesswork, and observation, Hazel discove ...more
Published April 18th 2006 by Bloomsbury Publishing PLC (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Something's Fishy, Hazel Green, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something's Fishy, Hazel Green

Paula Vince
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In many ways, this is my family's favourite of the four Hazel Green novels. The tightly-woven plot is a perfect vehicle for the mixture of hilarity and sensitivity.

Hazel enjoys watching Mr Petrusca, the cheerful fishmonger, fatten up two enormous lobsters for a prized customer, Mr Trimbel. When a thief nicks off with the lobsters and leaves a note in code on their tank, poor Mr Petrusca is more devastated than anybody would expect. It sends him into a tailspin of such deep despair, his indignant
Leafyseadragon
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Odo Hirsch does it again! Now matter how old I get, I love his books. I can picture myself as an old granny toasting my toes in front of the fire and still reading this and laughing at Hazel's and the Yak's - I mean, Yakov's - conversations. Awesome.
Natalie Williams
Jun 15, 2015 rated it liked it
This is an entertaining and light hearted mystery book, perfect for children of primary school age. The protagonist Hazel may be familiar from the other three books written about her. The plot is simple: surrounding the mysterious theft of some expensive lobsters, but the bond between Hazel and her intelligent friend Yak is endearing and the different parts of the story come together to create a surprisingly interesting adventure.The book is filled with hilarious, slapstick moments and there is ...more
Rachel Bookish
Oct 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
I read this book aloud to my 6 year old daughter and 8 year old son. There's not much action in this book, and the kids were restless at times. Hazel has a very mature way of dealing with people and is a good role model, she thinks about how her actions affect others and goes out of her way to help people. My daughter particularly liked this, there's much to admire about Hazel. The story deals with the issue of an adult who cannot read, this prompted a lot of discussion in our household. Overall ...more
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Oct 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
A 1001 CBYMRBYGU.
Something’s fishy at the fishmonger’s shop. Two enormous lobsters, procured for a picky client, have gone missing, with a note left as the only evidence. But what does the note mean? Who has taken the lobsters? And why? A mystery for Hazel Green and her friends to solve.
Lauren
Jun 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Hazel green lives in an apartment and below her are shops like a fish store, flower shop, and bakery. On the fish shop someone just stole two lobsters which were the owner's prized posessions.In the end they found the thief after they solved a bunch of riddles.
Tania
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is book 5 of 2012.
Nell
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hazel is like a pint-size sleuth in her apartment building, puzzling out her neighbors' strange behaviors, and you can rarely predict the way she will think and how she will act.
Infamous Sphere
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
For book week in year 5 I dressed up as one of the lobsters in Something's Fishy, Hazel Green. I made my own costume from cardboard and stockings and painted it a mysterious murky dark green. This kid called Bartek then mansplained lobsters to me, saying that I should be red if I were a lobster. I insisted that because I was a live lobster, I wouldn't be red, because only cooked lobsters are red. Whenever I reread this excellent book I'm reminded of how full of crap Bartek was.
Nat
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know that this series is aimed at age 10-12 but it has such important themes and I enjoy the humour and wit.

As far as Hazel could tell, 'antique' seemed to mean any old thing that people didn't want to use anymore. Hazel had some slippers at home that she had a grown out of, and supposed that would make them antiques as well.
Mae Walker
May 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childhood
This instalment of the series has a special spot in my heart. The issues around illiteracy, education, and shame, as well as the mystery and codes in the book and the ever endearing Yak and Hazel, make it a delight to me. Children's books sometimes can depict the real world and some of its issues in a more poignant way for their innocence, and this is a prime example.
I wonder if this book is what started my passion for tutoring and teaching.

"...That's exactly why people don't ask for help, bec
Josiah
Dec 25, 2016
Britta Vandenberg
Dec 04, 2015
Claire
rated it did not like it
Jul 09, 2016
Jul 15, 2013
Hannah
Apr 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• 45 + 47 Stella Street And Everything That Happened (Stella Street, #1)
  • Ash Road
  • Halinka
  • The Cuckoo Clock
  • The Fairy Tales Of Madame d'Aulnoy
  • A Kid for Two Farthings
  • A Hundred Million Francs (Le Cycle de Louvigny, #1)
  • The Ship That Flew
  • Marcelino Pan Y Vino
  • Mein Urgroßvater und ich
  • Arizona (Lucky Luke, #3)
  • Way Home
Odo Hirsch was born and grew up in Melbourne, where he trained to be a doctor. He now lives in London and writes excellent books that are published not only in Australia but also in the US, UK, Netherlands, Korea, Germany, and Italy.

For more information, please see http://www.answers.com/topic/odo-hirsch

Hazel Green (4 books)
  • Hazel Green (Hazel Green, #1)
  • Have Courage, Hazel Green (Hazel Green, #3)
  • Think Smart, Hazel Green! (Hazel Green, #4)