Start by marking “Search Analytics for Your Site: Conversations with Your Customers” as Want to Read:
Search Analytics for Your Site: Conversations with Your Customers

Search Analytics for Your Site: Conversations with Your Customers

Any organization that has a searchable web site or intranet is sitting on top of hugely valuable and usually under-exploited data: logs that capture what users are searching for, how often each query was searched, and how many results each query retrieved. Search queries are gold: they are real data that show us exactly what users are searching for in their own words. This ...more
Published December 31st 2011 by Rosenfeld Media (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Search Analytics for Your Site, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Search Analytics for Your Site

Carrie
Jul 22, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm not sure that this topic warranted its own book. I would think it would fit better as part of a book on site analytics as a whole; however, the author gave a lot of examples, which did help to fill out the book and were helpful in thinking through how the concepts might be applied.
Terry
Oct 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
I read the seminal "Information Architecture for the Web" book by Rosenfeld before. Good book, terribly boring and dry. Not here. Working through the book with actual data and dusting of MS Excel, it is immediately compelling and accessible. I can see the benefits of trawling through this data could have. As described in the book, Site Search Analytics acts as a "boundary object" that may bring together the data-driven and the squishy designer types into an understanding of what people are looki ...more
Espen
Nov 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Very straightforward and practically oriented - with lots of good examples. Search log analysis - seeing what customers are looking for and whether or not they find it - is as close to having a real, recorded and analyzable conversation with your customers as you can come, yet very few companies do it. Rosenfeld shows how to do it, and also how to find the low-hanging fruit and how to justify spending resources on it.

This is not rocket science - I was, quite frankly, astonished at how few compan
Andrew Hecht
Aug 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who works on web projects
Recommended to Andrew by: Louis Rosenfeld
One of the best business related books I've ever read; It's incredibly well-written and full of actionable information. Is has already changed the way we do analytics and will definitely improve our site. I've already started to segment our search queries now have a much better understanding of what keywords lead to conversion which is going to inform PPC activity. I'm also working with our WA person to set up about 15 new reports on search activity. I really can't wait to see the data.
Marcus Österberg
Jan 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ux
Started out great but got increasingly less relevant for most of us. The first chapter is something everyone should read though.
Kristian Norling

• Web Form Design: Filling in the Blanks
  • Storytelling For User Experience: Crafting Stories For Better Design
  • Design Is the Problem
  • Prototyping: A Practitioner's Guide
  • Handbook of Usability Testing: How to Plan, Design, and Conduct Effective Tests
  • Clout: The Art and Science of Influential Web Content
  • Content Strategy for Mobile
  • The Mobile Frontier: A Guide for Designing Mobile Experiences
  • See What I Mean: How to Use Comics to Communicate Ideas
  • Managing Enterprise Content: A Unified Content Strategy
  • Service Design: From Insight to Implementation
  • Measuring the User Experience: Collecting, Analyzing, and Presenting Usability Metrics
  • Pervasive Information Architecture: Designing Cross-Channel User Experiences
  • The Persona Lifecycle : Keeping People in Mind Throughout Product Design
  • Letting Go of the Words: Writing Web Content that Works

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »