Start by marking “If I Die Young” as Want to Read:

If I Die Young

When Caelyn Noel was diagnosed with asthma five years ago, it put a damper on things. Now, she’s sixteen and things are finally going her way. She has loving parents, the best friend ever, and the boy she has had a crush on since elementary school has finally noticed her. Then, she collapses in school one day. To her horror, she finds out her heart is failing and she must ...more
ebook
Published May 5th 2011

To ask other readers questions about If I Die Young, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If I Die Young

Brittany
Jun 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book happily satisfied my craving for a teenage drama/romance! Its been a long while since I have read a book of this genre and it was a nice refresher. Most teenage dramas are sad and may bring tears to the reader's eyes, but I'm one of those odd people who likes sad books, songs, and movies. I've forgotten how much I love this genre and will have to start reading a little more of it!

Lets start with the plot. Caelyn thinks she is an every day teenager with an allergy problem until she find
heather - NightlyReading
Jul 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful teen read! It focuses a lot on love, death and just trying to have some hope.

I basically cried through most of this book! Caelyn’s story is tragic and one that stayed with me for days. This would have to be every parent’s worst nightmare, but I appreciated the fact that the story was from Caelyn’s perspective. It kept the reader attuned with the thoughts and feelings of the actual patient instead of a loved one.

The relationship between Caelyn and her best friend, Lindsay was
Mickey Reed
Jun 28, 2011 rated it did not like it
Thanks so much to Talia Jager for sending me an ecopy of her novel. Here's my honest review:

I wish I had better things to say about this book, but the writing just wasn't that great. I loved the cover, and I mostly liked the idea behind the book, but I just couldn't get past certain elements of the writing. There were random details thrown in at odd moments, and it just didn't flow for me. It felt like a Lurlene McDaniel novel, just not quite on par.

I somewhat enjoyed the story, but it was pret
Zanny
Feb 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Kendall Gardner
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was AMAZING. It mad me laugh and cry. It truly touched my heart. This book was so real to me and I think everyone who reads this book will fall in LOVE with it. This is a must read for teens and parents.
Evelyn Kitchen
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: tragady
If I Die Young is an acquired taste type of book. It is related to the Notebook or Twilight with the level of being predictable and cheesy. Seeing the characters fall in love after her heart transplant was very cute, but when the author put that the heart was his dead sisters, it was too big of a touch for me. The story of her asthma turning into heart failure and then miraculously getting a new heart right before she died I could handle. The relationship was cute as well, but I think that the e ...more
Natasha
Sep 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was such a great short read. I read it in about 3 hours. I bought it on Kindle for 2.99.

*If you are a "crier" I highly suggest you read with a box of tissues.*

Caelyn Noel is an ordinary teenager. Maybe not as active as some of her friends, due to asthma, but she still has the usual problems. Getting homework turned in, final exams, breaking up with her boyfriend. All of a sudden Caelyn is faced with some heart wrenching issues. She is in the last stage of heart failure and it has been misd
Whoo Gives A Hoot
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
* Written in 2012 under the pen-name Marie Hughes!

If I Die Young by Talia Jager was a book that had me in tears. It was an amazing story that had me looking at what life was really about and how it can come to a hault in a matter on minutes. This story you won't be able to put down. Talia Jager is a wonderful writer who knows how to move her readers with the heart and soul of this story.

The story follows Caelyn Noel; a young 16 year old that was
Cassie McCown
Jun 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
By: Talia Jager
ASIN: B004ZLD0P2
Published May 5, 2011
Available Format: ebook

My Rating: ★★★★☆

Cailyn is your average teenage girl, dating and hanging out with her best friend at the mall. She’s had a few health problems, some asthma and allergies, but she isn’t prepared for the news that she is a lot sicker than she thought. So sick, in fact, her life may be over much too soon.

Drama of any sort is something that I have to read quite sparingly. It is just too much for me to read some
Jamie
If I Die Young is such a heartwarming story. The writing makes it feel so realist. There is a nice mixture of drama, friendship and romance.

Caelyn is a typical teenager who has asthma. One day at school she gets shortness of breath and collapses. She comes to find out that she has heart failure. As the story progresses Caelyn is told that she will need a heart transplant and soon to survive. The first half of the book is very sad and just breaks your heart reading it. I can't imagine having a l
Tracy Smith
May 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Teenage drama at it's finest can be found in "If I Die Young" by Talia Jager.

Cailyn Noel is 16 years old with more health issues than even she could ever imagine. Follow her, along with her family and best friend, Lindsay, as her health deteriorates and she must face the possiblity of never being able to live her life to it's full potential. Will she ever go to college? Will she ever fall in love and marry or even go on a date? Will she ever be "normal?" These are just a few of the things that
Debra Jo Burnette
3.5 stars... Would have been 4 if it wasn't for the ridiculous ending. I will not post any spoilers but I mean seriously?? They are teenagers essentially.

I cannot even begin to understand the physical as well as mental issues one has to deal with as an organ recipient. Being a teenager, I am sure the mental aspect may even be worse. However, Caelyn did become very annoying with it at times. All in all, this was a good read.

This is a very quick (one sitting) read with an emotional twist. I would
Big Book Theory
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story. Cailyn gets sick with a serious illness and you would expect it to become monotonous and long winded, but it doesn't. This well written story made me experience her desperation, fear and anxiety, and then later her joy at finding love. When I read the last words, I felt a warm, fuzzy feeling of happiness.
Molly Sargen
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tear-jerkers
Overall I liked this book, but the last few chapters seemed to skip too much time and it all blurred together. Aside from that, it really is a realistic account of what Caelyn's situation would be like...so maybe it's a 4.5.
Carly
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This book was hard to put down! The plot is so twisted and surprising! Although the likeliness of this happening in real life is slim to nill, it will still warm your heart, make you cry, and put butterflies in your tummy!
Trevi Ogilvie
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

... this book was amazing. Words can't describe how good of a book it was. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody who doesn't like chick-flicks but even if they didn't, this book was amazing.
Rebecca Jones
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm in love.

this book I read in less than a day. it made me cry. it made me laugh. and most of all it made me think. I loved this book. the journey this young girl had to take is remarkable and it is written so well that as a reader you feel apart of the story.
Elizabeth Norcross
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books I have EVER read.
Kayla Goswick
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

If I Die Young

this was the best book ever I will read it over and over
it was amazingly amazing. it was the best book ever.
J R
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great read! I loved this book. It almost brought tears to my eyes. A book has never had such an influence on me like that. Simply amazing.
Angela
Mar 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books
really good.i didnt think it was going to have any romance but in the end it did.which was fantastic! and especially the way that caelyn ended up getting his sisters heart! just fantastic!(:
FAIS LIBRARY
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was amazing book for teens and Tweens. It has dramatic and romantic parts.
Marissa
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
THE BEST.
Hannah Harvey
Disappointed. It felt too rushed and I didn't like the ending at all. Just ok for me.

Full review on my blog www.the-book-tower.blogspot.co.uk
Jul 24, 2014
Aug 15, 2013
Hanna Amin
Feb 28, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Hunter (The Guardian, #1)
  • Never Goodbye (Albany Boys, #1)
  • Today Only
  • Passion (Desire, #3)
  • Gossamer  (Faeble, #1)
  • Winning Me Over (Unexpected Love, #2)
  • Undertow
  • Mid-Century Mayhem (Retro Romance Presents: Time Travel By Design, #1)
  • Pucker Up (Stupid Cupid, #3)
  • Interrupted: Life Beyond Words
  • Last Chance (Robyn Hunter, #1)
  • Hex Education