Start by marking “The Gift Of Forgiveness” as Want to Read:
The Gift Of Forgiveness

Charles F. Stanley

The Gift Of Forgiveness

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  154 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Strongly Bible-based, Forgiveness reflects the heart of Charles Stanley's teaching ministry. In this helpful book, he addresses such questions as how to practice a life of forgiveness in terms of one's relationships and how to make forgiveness an on-going, practical experience in one's life.
Published February 29th 2000 by Nelson, Thomas, Inc. (first published September 3rd 1987)

To ask other readers questions about The Gift Of Forgiveness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gift Of Forgiveness

stormhawk
Feb 18, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We all have an understanding of forgiveness at the surface, from the first time you have to apologize to your mom for something that you did ... but rarely do we take the time to really consider and analyze the process of forgiveness, and it's impact on our lives, far beyond just the particular incident for which we seek forgiveness or need to forgive others. Rev. Stanley provides an easy to follow and understand roadmap to improving your life on more that just the surface.
Brent Soderstrum
Another very good book from Charles Stanely. He sets out how not forgiving someone is really only hurting us and not the other person who we aren't forging. He also shows how not forgiving someone effects how you react among other people and in dealing with other situations. Stanley answers many of the questions I had about God's forgiveness give to me. He did it by sending Jesus to the cross to die for my sins: past, present and future. Confession of my sins effects only my fellowship with God ...more
Heidi
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: exchanged-life
Excellent teaching on a subject that makes a tremendous difference in our lives, no matter who we are and what we need to forgive or ask forgiveness for. I would say this is THE book to read on the subject of forgiveness - what it means to forgive, what God's forgiveness for us entails, how to know we've forgiven someone, how to be released from bitterness. That said, I wish there had been more depth. His theology and examples were superb, I just felt that he could have expounded a little bit mo ...more
Lucia Asturias
Aug 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely recommended and one of the life changing books I've read in my life. Thank God for forgiveness...I would be dead if I had not learnt to apply it by choice, as it is best to do for our own sakes! I've learnt to forgive the unforgivable and go on to have an abundant peaceful and joyful life. Heave IS here on earth and we hold the keys inside of us by using our volition - the gift of choice. :) Be blessed...
Asif
Jan 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a tremendous fact! All my sins past, present, and future were taken care of 2000 years ago on that cross. When I accept Christ's forgiveness it's not a chronological event in the linear timeline of my life. Rather, my entire existence from beggining to end comes under the forgiveness of an eternal God!
Lindsay
Nov 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
I recommend that everyone, no matter their religion, read this book. it is so insightful to human nature and how what we see as simple occurrences in our lives have such a major impact on our outlook of each other. I am not ashamed to say that this book has also changed my attitude in my relationship and it is even better than ever.
Chad
Dec 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book helped me to better understand the gift of forgiveness from God! I highly suggest reading this book if you have ever had difficulty in the area of forgiving others.
Karen Klein
May 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book! Read a chapter a day with my daily devotional....gave me alot to think about and allowed me to finally forgive myself...
Vance Hamilton
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good Resource

Very helpful .when you need to ask for forgiveness. What action you need to do when you are the person that you need to forgive.

Antoinette
May 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book was life changing for me.
Loveleah
Mar 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unconditional love.
Amanda Espinoza
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
Anyone dealing with unforgiveness should read this book. Easy to read with practical steps.
Daniel
Nov 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book, very practical look at what forgiveness looks like and how to apply it!
Mary
Sep 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really have a hard time forgiving people and reading this book made me feel so much more at peace. I recommend it to anyone having problems with forgiveness.
Justina Campbell
Very good book, i have read it twice now and am sure i will read it again before to long.
Vicki
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book, Another growth tool for my tool box .
This is another book I refer back to, re-read and lone out.I've had to purchase it a couple of times!
Praise God.
Thomas Kinsfather
Stanley doesn't offer many new insights into the topic of forgiveness. Good exposition of Scripture and good outlines, if that's what you're looking for.
Linette Weikel
  • The Soul Winner
  • Tempted and Tried: Temptation and the Triumph of Christ
  • Knowing God by Name: Names of God That Bring Hope and Healing
  • Twice Pardoned
  • Your Best Life Begins Each Morning: Devotions to Start Every New Day of the Year
  • The Complete Photo Guide to Knitting
  • Balancing the Christian Life
  • The Visionary Christian: 131 Readings from C. S. Lewis
  • Poems That Touch the Heart
  • Battlefield of the Mind Devotional (Meyer, Joyce)
  • The Uncommon Woman: Making an Ordinary Life Extraordinary
Dr. Charles F. Stanley is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta, founder of In Touch Ministries, and a New York Times best-selling author who has written more than fifty books, and has sold more than nine million copies. He demonstrates a keen awareness of people's needs and provides Christ-centered, biblically-based principles for everyday life.

Charles Frazier Stanley was born Septem
More about Charles F. Stanley...

“Until we are sure, until we settle the issue of forgiveness once and for all, two things will always be true. First, we will never have much confidence when we petition our heavenly Father. We will always feel that God is holding something against us. Second, we will put others on the same scale we put ourselves on. Since we are always trying to do something to ensure our forgiveness, we will subconsciously pressure others to perform to gain our forgiveness. We will have a tendency to remind others of their failures and their need to make up for them in some way.” 1 likes
“This is an important concept as we look into the idea of forgiveness because we see in it God’s desire to have fellowship with sinful, disobedient men and women.” 1 likes