Start by marking “Instant Bargains: 600+ Ways to Shrink Your Grocery Bills and Eat Well for Less” as Want to Read:
Instant Bargains: 600+ Ways to Shrink Your Grocery Bills and Eat Well for Less

Instant Bargains: 600+ Ways to Shrink Your Grocery Bills and Eat Well for Less

3.35  ·  Rating details ·  52 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews

A savvy handbook to smart grocery shopping and cooking, from Kimberly Danger, Coupons.com family savings expert and MommySavers.com founder

Groceries can add up to $6,000 a year, and in a down economy, the kitchen is an easy place to stretch a dollar without compromising quality. Kimberly Danger brings impeccable credibility to the saving shelf with tips on how to:

Spot
Published January 1st 2010 by Sourcebooks, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Instant Bargains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Instant Bargains

Sebrina Parker
Apr 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was very informative and interesting for a budget-minded lady like me. While I was familiar with some of the tips and techniques, there was definitely a lot to learn too!
While I had made a whole price book while wedding planning, I had never thought to do it for weekly groceries. Instant Bargains really drove home the point that every penny-pincher should have one with prices of their most frequently bought groceries and I have already started working on mine.
Another super helpful tip
Due to a recent decrease in household income, I have been trying to make our money stretch further. I didn't find any earth-shattering new ideas in this book. Mostly they were just reminders of ways to spend less: eat out less often, stock up when staples go on sale, eat more meatless or low meat meals, and make your own marinades, and sauces when possible.
Jenny D.
I have read many books in this genre and this one doesn't really have any new info. Nonetheless, it covers the basics in an entertaining and easy-to-skim format. It combines a lot of the best information from other frugal living books I have read, so I would recommend it to someone who is new to these ideas.
Amy
Dec 03, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book wasn't bad, but I already knew about a lot of the information because of the rise in extreme couponing. The section on homemade cleaning products was informative though, and we will start doing more of that!
Megan
Aug 16, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of cool tips. I may have to just go ahead and buy this one, there is always a waiting list for it at the library.
Jan 11, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenge-2014
This book includes some pretty good tips, ideas and website suggestions. I took notes. ;) Easy to read.
Sara