Start by marking “The Bringer” as Want to Read:
The Bringer

The Bringer

Death is sad, love is agony. Max was her next job. She got his name just before he died and it was for her to lead his soul to heaven. She was a Bringer. Then Max started pleading (as they often do), but not for himself, for his son, James. Would she look after him, would she comfort him as he grieved for the loss of his father? James was a sensitive young man. He would ta ...more
Published May 4th 2011 by Night Publishing (first published May 1st 2011)

Hush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareFallen by Lauren KateCrescendo by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra Clare
YA Angels
371 books — 1,776 voters
A Shade of Vampire by Bella ForrestThe Wronged Sons by John MarrsIsle of Winds by James FahyDrowned Tomb by James FahyChains of Gaia by James Fahy
Best of Little-Known Authors
5,928 books — 4,941 voters

More lists with this book...

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Oct 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: R2R
Shelves: reviewed
I received this book from Read 2 Review.

This was nearly a 5 star book for me. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and look forward to the sequel. I wasn’t expecting every twist in the story which is always great. The romance part of the book was well balanced for the most part. In the beginning, I kind of questioned it but all will be explained. I won’t say anything further because I don’t really like giving spoilers away.

The only reason I didn’t give this book five stars bec
Karla(Book Addict)
Oct 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Karla(Book Addict) by: Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy Fanatics
deleting reviews if you want to take a look at them you can do so on my blog, link on my profile
Midu Hadi
Sep 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: young adult romance fans
Nicole
Oct 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Lucyna is a "bringer" she escorts souls to heaven when they die. While escorting Max to heaven he asks that she look after his son James. She is strangly fascinated by James even though bringers are not suppossed to have emotions, so what is a girl to do? Right! Stalk him! LOL

This is a tough one to review for me...

First the good stuff.
I really enjoyed the story, very different and surprising. Quite a few surprises in this one not at all predictable (to me anyways).
Carol
4.5 stars.
I am very much a Samantha Towle fan and this earlier novel didn't disappoint. I really loved this paranormal romance with it's storyline plot twists and Lucyna's emotional awakening. Great from start to finish.
Tana
Oct 27, 2011 rated it liked it
I rated this book a 3 stars, I really liked the concept of the book, and it appeared to have a new and unique story that I was interested in reading. We are introduced to the main character Lucyna who is a Bringer. Bringers are beings who are there when a person passes on, the bringer are sort of a delivery service they do not get to go to heaven with you but the bring you to heaven's door.

The first 30 pages seemed to drag on for me and it lost some of my attention a few times, I eve
Myvampfiction
Aug 16, 2011 rated it it was ok
review by Megsly

*beware of spoilers*

Oooh, it’s that time again! It’s that point in time where Megsly goes on a “things a writer shouldn’t do,” when writing a book.

I’m going to throw it out there, The Bringer had AMAZING plot potential. Like…unbelievable plot potential. In fact, that’s likely the only thing I liked about this book, and if you know me and my theories on bad books, if there’s one major flaw, it generally affects everything. The only thing n
Sudama Panigrahi
May 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
‘I begin to trace my finger over the wet sand. It disappears and emerges, in and out, with my movement, making no indentation at all on the sand itself.’

She works as usual taking soul to the heaven. She is happy being a Bringer but when everything happens to be fine, something comes in between to snatch the fineness. Yes, she also faces the gale. She stands in the hospital and talks with her latest bring, Max. Max asks her name and there she gets a name, Lucyna.

Max shows his son Jam
Ana
Oct 24, 2011 rated it liked it
"Are you an angel?"
"If I had a penny for every time I've been asked that, well not that pennies are of any use to me, but still. No. I'm not an angel. But I am the one who's here to take you to the angels."

Lucyna is a Bringer, someone who's job is to deliver humans to the door of Heaven. She can't feel..I mean, she is not entitled to feel sorrow, grief, pain. She does understand humans and their feelings, but actually can't sympathize with them and what they are going through while findi
Maddie Kelly
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit... this book was pretty amazing! it was a different version of fallen angels kind of books!
I looveeddd Luce and the way she talked almost like a robot. then she starts not using so big words and speaking with emotion! i was alittle upset with their age of like middle aged? i was expecting something a bit more...young but as i read on i thought it was cute and fit the story well! Very good quick read!
S. Burke
May 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Book Review: The Bringer by Samantha Towle.

I always avoid reading other peoples reviews on a debut novel before I begin reading, however having said that if the reviews of Author Samantha Towle's debut The Bringer are not glowing I would be stunned .

Stunned is a good word for the way I felt when I finished reading this book in the early hours of this morning.

Totally gob smacked in fact, it’s a rare event that cause me to cry over a book, yet this book is not in any way a
Faith
Dec 31, 2012 rated it did not like it
I should pre-empt this review by saying I don't usually read romance novels and thus I'm definitely not this book's target audience. For me, this book turned into more of a mystery... The mystery of why James (MC's love interest) had a "potted" leg ...

Needless to say, this book requires some serious editing as well as additional substance.

After sustaining injuries in an accident, James' leg is "potted" ... WTF?! We are often reminded about his "potted" leg. He even taps h
Tuğçe Gökırmak
I got this book as R2R and I am thankfull. I wouldn't know about it and I would be sorry.

Lucyna is the Bringer, Max was her job and James is the Gardener. This is the story of soulmates!

It has a brilliant idea, and interesting plot. But what strike me most was the way Samantha Towle put emotions into words. It was unbelievably realistic and sank into your heart as if they were your own feelings however I cannot generalize that fort he whole story telling. It is too modernised to be
Brenna
Sep 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I'm struggling to decide between 3 & 4 stars for this, so I'll go with 3.5 :)

I enjoyed the story a lot, it was almost un-putdownable. I was completely intrigued and wanted to find out what was going to happen because I've never read a book about angels or heaven or anything like that, so the theme of The Bringer was completely new to me. What I like most was Lucyna & Jame's connection and just the feeling of hope I got from them. I wish there had been more of them actually to
My Book Friend
Aug 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Lucyna doesn't feel anything. She is a bringer, her main goal is to bring people to heaven.

She knows when something is wrong, however, when she feels something. Like really feels something. All because of James.

She broke the rules. She promised Max, James' father, that she would take of James while he grieved for his father. Not that she could do anything, really, but watch him. As she spends more time observing James, she finally comes to the conclusion that can't be true.

Lu
Maghon Thomas
Oct 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Ok so as always thanks for this, since I got this book from read 2 review!! Now, this started out with Lucyna, a bringer... Whatever that means- which turns out is like a reaper. She brings the souls of the dead to gates of heaven. Now can I say I kinda LOVE reapers. :) now turns out out BIG TWIST (gotta have those), she's something else, then BIG TWIST, so is her "crush", then one more BIG TWIST, her best friend is not at all who she thought he was. So normally I'm not a fan of this "character ...more
Shalini Boland
May 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I haven't had much time to read lately. The only time I can squeeze it in, is just before I go to bed. And I've been so excited to go to bed lately, because I LOVE the book I've just finished. Samantha Towle's, The Bringer is a little gem of a read. My kindle's been on fire.

Lucyna is the perfect heroine and I'm more than a bit in love with James. I was too sad when it ended, so hurry up and write me another book, Samantha.
Jessica
Oct 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: angel, 3-4-stars
When i read the synopis for this book i thought wow thats not like anything ive read before. Turns out that i was right. I've never read a 'angel' book before but now will actually consider them.

Samantha Towle creates interesting characters and secnarios that quickly draw the reader in. Once i actually started the book it was done in one sitting :) Which was nice.

Its definately one of the better new authors that i have been introduced to over the last few months.

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Apr 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I really loved this book!! It was incredibly moving and wonderfully written. Samantha Towle is officially one of my fav authors out there! I cried so much through this book...the love story was just beautiful. I would recommend this book to everyone and would also urge you to check out the other series that Samantha writes as it is amazing as well :)
Klaudyna Z.
Feb 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! I was not expecting it to be as great as it was but I was simply amazed at how drawn in I was from the very beginning. This is by far one of my new favorite books and if I could give it 6 stars I definitely would. Highly recommended.
Eliza Brand
Mar 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Interesting concept, and I like Lucyna and James. There is a little too much inner monologue and it starts slow, but once I got into it I really enjoyed it.
TSN
The story starts a bit slow, and to be honest - it was close to be boring. It picks up and get better after a few chapters though.

It ended up being rather enjoyable. I found it to be original, and it did have a nice twist or two.
A. Bookzilla.
Oct 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: clean-read
Oh, this was good!
I only read The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle, and I must say that I wasn't a fan at all! But this changes things drastically.

First of all, it's a great story, a wonderful idea. I honestly didn't see any of the twists and turns coming and every single one of them caught me off guard. The second half of the book is where it gets really interesting, and it turns into a real page turner. You can't guess who the bad guy is, and nothing is as it seems at first, not even the
Alexei
Oct 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
{Sited from my website TeenageBookaholic }

The Bringer is the story of Lucyna, a spirit meant to bring souls trying to cross over to Heaven. Her life as a Bringer is all she has ever known, but with one of her Brings, she makes a promise, which is something Bringers can't do, to watch the Bring's son. At her first glimpse of the son, named James, she is overcome with a veil of light for some unknown reason. For weeks she keeps a watch on him and tries to understand what this veil is, until she is call
Sandra "Jeanz"
Aug 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Love is agony and Death is sad.
Max was her next job. She got his name just before he died, it was her job to bring his soul to heaven. Then Max began his pleading (as they often do) but Max was pleading for his son James not himself as was usually the case.
Max pleaded. Would she look after James? Would she be there to comfort him as he grieved for the loss of his father? James was a sensitive young man, and would take his father's death very hard.
Bringers don't actually do tha
Dianna Hardy
May 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for The Erratic Reviewer

This was a personal buy. I read this book last year, soon after it was released and found it truly beautiful. That's how I felt when I read it - beautiful. There's a sweetness and gentleness to it that was refreshing, despite all the crazy stuff that begins to happen. This was written in the first person, and either I'm getting better at reading first person POV, or writers are getting bett
Akanksha  Singh
Jan 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-pnr
Just finished this one and its pretty good. The story is about a bringer(someone who takes souls to heaven), Lucyna. Bringers are supposed to be creatures without emotions..they can't feel...so when this one, Lucyna gets assigned to pick up a soul called Max...she's surprised to see that the sight of Max's son, James ignites feelings within her. Max starts begging her to check i on his son now and then and she couldn't refuse. Curious about this sudden emergence of emotions, Lucyna spends almost ...more
Suzy Turner
Oct 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book a couple of months ago... partly because the author, Samantha Towle, is a fellow Yorkshire lass and I wanted to support her and partly because I loved the look of the book. I never actually read the blurb!
Anyway, I finally began reading during a recent holiday and boy was I in for a surprise! The beginning hooked me in right from the first few words and I literally couldn't put it down after that. I can honestly say that I went through so many different emotions whilst r
Husnaa
Oct 27, 2011 rated it liked it
This is the book I got through R2R...

So the first thought that went through my head while reading this book was: WHY did I have to start this in the night? and that's only because I really couldn't sleep without finishing it and I had to wake up early :/ But anyway this book was amazing!!
And completely different to anything I've read. That whole bringing thing? completely new!

There were so many unpredictable things in the book that actually made me stop for a minute and go WOAHHH!!
Natalie
Apr 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
Books about angels and heavenly stuff? I love them since I read Hush Hush. The Bringer is even better. I know, I know, don"t throw me off a cliff or anything!

Okay, it's about Lucyna, a Bringer. What's that? Well, she's one of the people that bring dead people to Heaven. She, for instance can't go there because she isn't an angel. So, Lucyna is called to bring Max, a really cool guy who makes her make a promise: She'll take care of James, his son, for her surely can't take care of him
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Her Dark Destiny (Hunters of the Dark, #1)
  • Evren: Enter the Dragonette
  • Hotblood (House of Slide, #1)
  • Like a Thief in the Night
  • Taken (Channie, #2)
  • StarFire (DemonSlayers, #3)
  • Waiting for Mercy (Cambion, #2)
  • Trembling (Jason and Azazel, #2)
  • Jenny Plague-Bringer (The Paranormals, #4)
  • Demonically Tempted (Frostbite, #2)
  • Redemption (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #4)
  • Impossible (The Inevitable Trilogy #2)
  • Wayward (The Witch Wars Saga #1)
  • Fledgling (Tri-Realms Saga, #2)
  • Summer Night (The Witchling, #1.5)
  • The Banshee and the Linebacker
  • Song to Wake to (Levels, # 1)
  • My Link in Time (The Immortal Ones, #2)
Samantha Towle is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author.

A native of Hull, she lives in East Yorkshire with her husband, their son and daughter, three large furbabies, and their small grumpy cat.

She is the author of contemporary romances, The Storm Series, The Revved Series, The Wardrobe Series, The Gods Series, and standalones, Trouble, When I Was You
“When love is not madness, it is not love.” 2 likes