Start by marking “The Raven's Revenge” as Want to Read:
The Raven's Revenge

The Raven's Revenge

When Katherine Welles saves the life of a highwayman, she realizes he may be the only avenue of escape from a betrothal to her villainous neighbor. But traveling under the protection of a dashing outlaw–who won’t ask directions–is anything but safe. Especially when his searing hot kisses awaken a yearning for something Katherine never knew she wanted.

Nicholas Montford, the
Published May 1st 2011 by Greatbird Books (first published December 6th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Raven's Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Raven's Revenge

Kasey
I love when I come across a free book and it is such a good story. I always enjoy historical romance and this was no exception. Although the time frame is different from the favorites currently for setting. It is the time of restoration in England. The returning of freedom of the English Roman Catholic brought the return of many who had fled to exile. Nicholas was just that an Earl who had been living in exile. On his return he is trying to keep a promise to his father to get back their family e ...more
TJ
Jun 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
While I'm frustrated I can't remember the particulars of this story well enough to compose an in-depth review, ( I read it on the airplane at the beginning of a two week vacation.) I do remember I really enjoyed it. The premise of a kidnapping where the heroine is totally unaware she's been kidnapped (she thinks he is just helping her run away from an unsuitable match) was fresh and fun. Still, the light-heartedness never became silly and the author adeptly lead the reader into much more emotion ...more
Tammy Walton Grant
May 11/11: Inaugural kindle read

January 3-19: I started trying to read this on my laptop. Painful - and not fair to rate a book based on that. I'm going to shelve this one and re-read it once I get my kindle.
Erica
Jul 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
I usually don't like historical fiction, but this was an exception. I enjoyed it. It was something new and fresh. I thought it was sort of amusing since Katherine didn't know she was actually being kidnapped.
Shauna
Aug 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How wonderful to find a romance set in Restoration England. Such an interesting time, and so little used as a setting.
Daisy Sloan
Feb 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
This review can be seen at http://romantichistoricallovers.wordp...

Katherine has always been a good and dutiful daughter. With the death of her brother, that leaves her the heiress to the family estate. Her father arranges a match with the neighbor, who Katherine despises. To escape this ill-fated match, Katherine runs off into the night with the highwayman she found wounded and nursed back to health. She’s desperately wants to get to London and her cousin. Her cousin will keep her safe, she hop
Tonileg
I'm in need for a little historical romance fix. England in 1663 is the year that opens this story.
This was a freebie for kindle so I'm reading this with high hopes and optimism for an interesting and well edited book.
This is not the traditional HEA, but I did like that people changed what they thought they wanted for what they really needed. I don't want to give anything big away, but secrets come out it is always just a matter of time. Nicholas 'Nikky' tries to keep too many secrets from Kathe
Sonja
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Since getting my Kobo for Christmas I have broadened my reading list.
Stumbled across this book on Smashwords.

From the moment I turned the first page I was hooked!!

Would Katherine Welles be forced to marry against her will to a loathsome character or would she escape and find her true love?

Would Nicholas hold up one too many carriages and lose his head? Would he be a man and ask for directions to London.....

Would recommend for a light hearted romance with a smattering of history thrown in for g
Amy
Jul 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Update: I did finally buy it, but I found it was mostly like any other romance. While it's fun to have a strong man melt, poor Nicholas went through the wringer. I was considering 2 stars, but for a romance it was fun.

***

Argh, I read the first three chapters that were available on GoodReads, and it's okay but not enough for me to want to buy it. And the cover bothers me because she has "honey" colored hair, and the model on the cover clearly does not. Why do that? Oh, what to do...
Cora
Jul 23, 2012 rated it did not like it
I really tried to get through this but I couldn't read anymore about 45% of the way through. It didn't keep my attention and the characters didn't stand out to me. I felt that the plot was too slow and I didn't know where it was going. Because there wasn't any steamy scenes to keep me going at the 45% mark I gave up on it. This might work for someone else but it definitely wasn't my kind of historical romance.
Daneesha
i enjoyed this book. my only gripe was that it really didn't take much for the heroine to fall in love with the hero. she saved his life and he took her with him so she could get out of a marriage betrothal.
Marilyn
17th century romance set in Stuart times.
Audrie Bouwmeester
Jul 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
Menh. It was ok. Light simple entertainment. :)
Sabrina
a free nook book that was good - yippee! The story moved and was fun to read. I see that the author wrote a sequel for the 1/2 brother - great idea, but most likely I won't read it.
Linda
Sep 17, 2012 rated it liked it
A bit better than 3stars but not quite 4. Interesting characters & well writing but somehow seems to drag a bit at the end but overall a good read.
Cheryl Walker
Wendy
Dec 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Marigold Chain
  • The Virgin Huntress (The Devil DeVere #2)
  • Flirting with Ruin (Castonbury Park 0.5)
  • Wild Desire (Wild, #2)
  • Silken Threads (Wexford Family, #1; Lords of Conquest, #1)
  • At the Earl's Convenience
  • Racing with the Wind (Agents of the Crown, #1)
  • Twice a Rake
  • A Little Deception
  • Celtic Storms (Celtic Steel, #1)
  • At Last
  • Loki's Daughters
  • Staked (Time Brokers, #1)
  • Zane's Way (O'Malley Wild, #1)
  • The Training of a Marquess
  • Mob Rules: What the Mafia Can Teach the Legitimate Businessman
  • Never a Bride
  • An Heir of Uncertainty
Gina pounded out her first story on an old Royal typewriter when she was eight. For most of her adult life she worked in television counting backwards and telling people what to do. Now she lives in Central California with her personal hero and spends her time writing books about characters who do what they want no matter what she tells them.