Start by marking “Catch Me” as Want to Read:
Catch Me

Catch Me

Arizona Territory, 1882

Maggie Bullock's father needed expensive medical care and if that meant stealing from their friendly swindling banker, so be it. Once her father was on the path to recovery she would face the consequences. The whole thing was surprisingly easy until she's kidnapped by bounty hunter Dean Collier.

Collier is tired of tracking down worthless scum. He'
ebook, EPUB eBook DRM free, 308 pages
Published July 2011 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Catch Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catch Me

Nenia ✨ Literary Garbage Can ✨ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

I read this book for the Unapologetic Romance Readers' New Years 2017 Reading Challenge. For more info about what this is, click here.

Have you ever picked up a book and then gotten immediately, even irrationally, annoyed with the main character(s)? That was what happened with me and the "heroine," Maggie. I couldn't stand her, and reading CATCH ME quickly became unbearable.

Remember when kids' TV shows from the 1980s and 1990s began introdu
Casey
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of spunky heroines and heroes with a tragic past
Recommended to Casey by: Lexxi Kitty
Buddy Read with some of the lovely ladies of the Unapologetic Romance Readers crew: Nenia, Karly, Sarah, & Helen 2.0

"“All right, pay attention. This is a robbery.”
3 Mozzarella Stick Stars

As late my give a damn about reviewing books I read appears to have been rather busted, but since this was a Buddy-Read with my lovely ladies over at URR I’ll give it a whirl.

Catch Me is one of those books that is strangely enjoyable despite being entirely unbelievable. The heroine in this here romance is a bank robber and the Hero a bounty hunter sent to capture her and return her to her hometown for justice.

Now that’s all fine and good, except I’m pretty sure (even th
Buddy read with Nenia, Karly, Casey, and Helen 2.0 from the Unapologetic Romance Readers group.
Read for the URR 2017 New Year's Reading Challenge prompt 'Cowboy/Western Romance'

4/4 - Meh. I didn't hate Maggie like Nenia did (her review is here, but I do agree that there was no chemistry between her and Dean. For both of them, it felt like they chose whoever was close at hand for a last minute roll in the hay (her before she went off to jail and he before he became the 'straight-arrow sheriff').
MBR
Set in Arizona territory in 1882, Catch Me by Lorelie Brown is an entertaining romance of the American-Western variety that fans of the genre should not miss out on. Lorelie Brown serves the reader with enough adventure, red-hot passion and a love between two strong-willed people who have no clue as to what they are in for when fate throws them together in the most trying circumstances.

22 year old Margaret Bullock, daughter of the current sheriff of Fresh Springs is at her wits end as to how to
Lexxi Kitty
I've read two books by Brown before I read this one. I loved both of them. But have been very reluctant to try anything else by her for a rather simple reason - those two other books had something in common that the rest didn't have - those two books were FF romance books. The rest are/were MF romance books. Which is odd, in it's way, to be a deterant since I also read MF romance books. But still. Made me hesistant.

So, eventually, I finally broke down and tried one of them. The only one that int
Holly
Female bank robber + Sexy bounty hunter + Weeks alone on the trail = a sexy, emotional, adventure filled read.
Alex
Jul 15, 2011 rated it liked it
At First Sight: Maggie Bullock is in desperate need of money, so she decides to rob the bank in Fresh Springs, where her dad is Sheriff; thinking she will pay for her father's medical care and disappear for a while.

But the bank owner is of a vicious vent and quickly sics a bounty hunter after Maggie.

Dean Collier has spent the last five years as a bounty hunter, doing quite a few questionable things in order to forget the life he once had and what he lost.

But when he's offered the chance of bec
Rogetwhi
Feb 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Ended up skimming most of this one. Just didn't work for me. May try again later.
Tracy
Sep 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Wickedly Wonderful Western Historical
There's nothing Maggie Bullock wouldn't do to save her father's life. That's why she walked into the bank in Fresh Springs, Arizona. The first time was to beg bank owner Willheim Masterson for a loan to provide the money for her father's medical care. The second was to take what that slimy bastard wouldn't give her, despite the years of loyal friendship between Masterson and her father. With nothing but a gun and determination the twenty-two-year-old robbed t
Lisa
Jun 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from the author for my honest opinion and review.

Catch me is the first book of Lorelie Brown's that I've had the opportunity to read. I've had some really good luck with new to me authors lately and this was not going to be an exception. Catch Me is a historical romantic western. I haven't read one of these in a while and i wasn't sure i was in the mood. The cover and title if you just look at those are misleading to the premise of the story but once you read the b
   ♔Queenie♔
I found this book passable. I didn't finish reading it as it got so boring just waiting for them to get back to that town. Ironically I stopped reading after (view spoiler).

This review isn't really exemplifying my literary prowess to be honest. I can totally be witty but just rem
Sharon Tyler
Jun 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Catch Me by Lorelie Brown is a historical western romance due to be released on July 18 2011. The novel tells the story of one sheriff’s daughter who robs a bank to pay for her father’s medical treatment and the bounty hunter that is running out of options contracted to bring her to justice. Maggie Bullock has run out of options, her father is gravely ill and the only medical treatment that has helped him this far is extremely expensive. She has already sold off everything she can and requested ...more
Cleffairy Cleffairy
Jul 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Reviewed at: Library of Lights
Review date: 23 July 2011
Review link: http://mykindaland.com/?p=351

Catch Me by Lorelie Brown is a beautiful and enchanting read for a coyboy romance. I couldn’t get enough of it even though the novel length was quite long winded. I love the plot and the character’s dynamics and I highly recommends this book for those who wants a high quality cowboy romance read.

I’m not a fan of cowboy romance, but I definitely can make an exception for this book. It’s sinfully delic
Edie
Jul 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Female bank robber and cranky bounty hunter, so far it is a win..

I'm not sure how to grade this one, I managed to finish it, despite the reading funk, and historicals not being my standard fare.. There were a couple of argh/ugh moments, but it entertained me. And the main chars kept my interest. Will have to think of it some more.
Katherine
Sep 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Gritty and well done. This isn’t a glossy, pretty view of the American West. I liked both the hero and heroine. There are lots of bits that didn’t get wrapped up all neat, which bothers me a bit. 3 stars.

Bought from eHarlequin
Shannon Stacey
May 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: western, read-in-2011
I love bounty hunters in my westerns. I also love "alone on the trail" stories and heroines who don't take any crap. I got all three. Catch Me is fun, steamy, emotional and full of adventure, and western fans won't want to miss it!
Cristina Contilli
L'autrice scrive bene (almeno per come lo posso valutare io che traduco mentre leggo), però, il rosa western non è un genere che mi appassiona particolarmente... gli eroi di questo tipo di romanzi si muovono, infatti, in un ambiente un po' troppo rude ed essenziale per i miei gusti...
Puna
Jan 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Just okay. The real baddies were obvious. So was how the HEA would come about even though the female lead was a bank robber.
Angie
Jul 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
Review to come
Cyn Mistress Kitty
This story was just ok for me. It just kinda dragged and I couldn't connect with the characters.

**I received this as an ARC from NetGalley**
Shannon Yun
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved the characters in this book and the setting. It felt as if you were right there in the American Wild West.
Karen
Dec 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Well, now. I was expecting this to be steamy, but... whoa. It does drag a little bit in places, but there's enough chemistry to scorch your saddles in here.
Kirsten
Feb 14, 2012
Lucrethia Clark
Oct 14, 2013
Katie
rated it did not like it
Apr 21, 2013
Oppong Berko
Jul 25, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Sunrise Over Texas
  • Deceiving the Protector (Resurrection, #2)
  • One Good Reason (Adamson Brothers, #2)
  • The Best Man
  • How a Cowboy Stole Her Heart (Larch Valley, #4)
  • Icebound
  • Altered Destiny
  • Under Fire  (Under Fire #1)
  • A Just Deception (Private Protectors, #3)
  • IOU Sex
  • Blue Sage (Western Lovers: Ranch Rogues, #2)
  • Whose Bed Is It Anyway?
  • The Dragon and the Pearl (Tang Dynasty, #2)
  • First Temptation (Covert Affairs, #1.2)
  • Heartbreak Creek (Runaway Brides #1)
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Skin Heat (Skin, #3)
  • Lee (Devils on Horseback, #4)
After a semi-nomadic childhood throughout California, Lorelie Brown spent high school in Orange County before joining the US Army. After traveling the world from South Korea to Italy, she’s settled north of Chicago. Because going from California warmth to northern snow seemed like the proper order of events...

Lorelie has three active sons and a tiny shih-tzu who thinks he’s son number three—not fo