Start by marking “The Wolf's Torment (Moldavian Moon, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Wolf's Torment (Moldavian Moon, #1)

The Wolf's Torment

(Moldavian Moon #1)

It's 1865 in Moldavia, a country nestled against the shores of the Black Sea, and Crown Prince Mihai Sigmaringen returns after receiving an education in England. His best friend, Viktor Bacau joins him. Mihai is intent on modernizing his nation, but he's also a witch, and it's time he embraces his heritage. The tasks in front of him are many including getting married.

Lady
Nook, 0 pages
Published April 30th 2011 by Desert Breeze Publishing, Inc

To ask other readers questions about The Wolf's Torment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wolf's Torment

Ronda  Tutt
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Perfect Paranormal/Fantasy with a Twist!

Wow! I absolutely loved this book. The secret lives of witches and were-wolves fill this story with a captivating romance and a twisted drama. I was totally glued to the pages and wanted it to last forever and wishing I had their magical spells to transport myself into their time period. The writing is beautifully smooth and visionary.

The characters are brilliantly built and their chemistry will melt your heart. I loved Prince Mihai, he is heir to be King
Julie
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Wolf's Torment ( Moldavian Moon #1) by Stephanie Burkhart is a 2011 Desert Breeze publishing release. I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
BLURB:
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

Mihai has his eyes on the future, but only the ancient magic in his blood can save his family.

One of the things that immediately drew me in to The Wolf’s Torment was the exciting prologue. Often I have come across stories with prologues filled with necessary and interesting background information, but few of them have been as action packed as the one in this story. Ms. Burkhart managed to convey quite a bit about Mihai’s history durin
Diane Lynch
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Crown Prince of Moldavia, Mihai Sigmaringen, returns home after attending university in England. His best friend, Viktor Bacau, joins him as his personal valet.

The King arranged a marriage between Mihai and Lady Theresa von Kracken. Surprisingly, they dreamt about each other since childhood. Unknown to them, they both come from witch bloodlines.

Victor is bitten by a werewolf, not only does it affect his life but that of all the people he cares about.

I enjoyed all the characters, Mihai bein
Joy  Cagil
Jun 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I found this novel to be absolutely spectacular. Its author made me care for all the characters, especially the antagonist who turned a villain through no fault of his own. Although Wolf’s Torment can be classified as a loosely historical paranormal-romance, the many underlying themes--such as the friendship dynamic, coming of age, family ties and troubles, and facing political realities, sickness, and death--give it a meaning deeper than an average genre book. The many characters are introduced ...more
Keena Kincaid
May 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
An ancient heritage and modern technology collide in the dark, tense tale The Wolf’s Torment, the latest historical paranormal from Stephanie Burkhart.

Mihai Sigmaringen, crown prince of Moldavia, returns from university to face an ailing father, an unwanted fiancée, and the political quagmire of trying to unify competing principalities into one country. A child of a witch, Mihai struggles to balance his supernatural heritage against multiple, mundane details required to bring his country into th
Elizabeth Alsobrooks
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love historical fiction, vampires, werewolves, witches, suspense, exotic settings, royal intrigue and romance. What's my point? This book has it all! What a treat.

There is also one other thing I look for in excellent fiction, and that is an opening hook that let's me know what I'm in for, and an action-filled plot that lives up to my expectations. Stephanie did not let me down. The background information that is essential to the plot line is deftly woven into story, such as a careening carriag
Dalene
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2013
First, I would like to thank the author Stephanie Burkhart for giving me this book for an honest review. I really enjoyed this book, the characters were all well developed. This story covered a lot of things, family issues and learning to deal with them, death, love, loss. Mihai was very mature, his father was dying and he had to prepare to become King, also had many responsibilities his father tasked him with that he wanted done. It also had been arranged by his father for him to marry Theresa, ...more
Shana Festa
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I absolutely loved this book. Witches, werewolves, vampires, royal scandals, family secrets, romance, and a dramatic twist. I was completely glued to the pages; so engrossed in the story I felt as though I was there with the characters through every scene. Ms. Burkhart is a visionary, taking a theme that has been overwritten (for the most part) and making it unique and new again..

There is so much tragedy and so many twisted revenge plots. All the secrets and lies are exposed at once; well,
Mona
Sep 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book enormously and read it in one sitting, although I’m not usually a paranormal reader or a vampire lover. But I loved the characters Mihai, generous and noble, Viktor at first pleasant and lighthearted, then revolted and secretive and finally tormented and violent. The author showed the shift in the characters as the plot progressed and thickened. I felt the conflict of the vampire and sympathized with him. The heroines were attractive but strong, and Theresa also faced her own ...more
SB Morales
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wow what a story! The story line was so interesting I couldn't put it down. I normally enjoy books with a lot more action, however the depth of the emotions I felt while reading this kept me captivated. I want to know what happens to the characters next.
Mave
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 105challenge12
I really liked this book, I don't read very often novels about vampires or werewolves but this is really intriguing, I was engrossed from the first chapter.

Mihai is the son of the king of Moldova and an Italian gipsy witch, in his veins flows the blood of witch, although he has never used his powers. He had the opportunity to study in England but now must go home because his father is dying and he must do his duty. With him there is Viktor, his closest friend who has offered to act as his person
Kina
Mar 04, 2015 added it
This book was given to me by paranormal romance and authors that rock in return for an honest review

I give this book 5 fangs ( I really enjoyed it and can't wait to read the next one)

Prince Mihai son of a witch and heir to a great kingdom has returned from university back to his home of Moldavia for his upcoming nuptials. He has every intention of guarding his heart carefully, but his intended Theresa is quite innocently breaking down his defenses.
All the while his fathers illness is getting wo
Maggie
Oct 27, 2016
Ella Kaye
Apr 08, 2013
Stephanie Burkhart
May 07, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Stacey Lee
May 30, 2014
Melissa
Sep 10, 2014
Just a little about me: I was born in Manchester, NH but live in Castaic, California with my husband, Brent, and two sons, Andrew and Joseph. I have fond memories of Manchester, but have made California my home. I earned a BS in political science from California Baptist University in 1995.

I have been writing since I was 5, first making homemade comic books. Now, I work on creating short stories an

Moldavian Moon (3 books)
  • Twilight Over Moldavia (Moldavian Moon, #2)
  • Sunrise Over Brasov (Moldavian Moon #3)