Start by marking “Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)

Alice in Zombieland

(White Rabbit Chronicles #1)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  38,114 ratings  ·  5,183 reviews
She won't rest until she's sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.

If anyone had told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that's all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.
Published September 25th 2012 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about Alice in Zombieland, please sign up.
Mercedes I would be considered a young adult, due to my age, and no I did not find it one bit 'erotic.' To me it was and absolute page turner though, and I cou…moreI would be considered a young adult, due to my age, and no I did not find it one bit 'erotic.' To me it was and absolute page turner though, and I could not put it down. (less)
Haley I liked the romance in this book because the main girl, Alice, was pretty badass and didn't take his crap.

·  38,114 ratings  ·  5,183 reviews

Start your review of Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)
Kat Kennedy
Whether or not you enjoy this book depends on what you were expect­ing to begin with. No Really. Look at that cover, reread the syn­op­sis and decide right now what you’re hop­ing from this book. Is it:

a) A dark, twisted retelling of Alice in Won­der­land with zom­bie creatures?

b) A high school melo­drama about ghost/zombies with no real Alice in Won­der­land connection.

If you thought B then good for you. Read this book. If you thought A then back the hell off now. This is not the book for you a
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
Going into this I had a really good feeling that I wouldn't like it and I was right. First problem is I don't like zombies (which is obviously a personal preference thing), second problem is the fact that this is just a superficial high school drama, and the third and biggest problem for me is the fact that this is not a damn Alice in Wonderland retelling. People had warned me about that going in but I thought I'd at least get something considering the title of this and it's sequels but NOPE I w ...more
shady boots
As you can see this is another DNF review, because I can only take so much torture, and reading this was overkill. I made it about 120-something pages, and then I reached my breaking point.

What I Oh So Desperately Wanted: An awesome, zombiefied Alice in Wonderland retelling with lots of action.

What I Got: Crappy, unoriginal, stereotypical teen melodrama.

So we have Alice, a girl who's dad is claimed to be psycho cause he sees these "monsters". And then her whole family gets killed in a car crash
Giselle
Apr 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, arc
OFF WITH HER HEAD!!

Alice in Wonderland with zombies? Not so much. Creative zombie ghosts lore (… you heard me. Zombie. Ghosts) with great humor and charming characters? Definitely!

Despite the title, Alice in Zombieland really has nothing much to do with Alice in Wonderland. There may be some scattered references, but it's really a unique story all on its own. While some may be disappointed, I wasn't terribly familiar with the specifics of the classic tale, so I found myself having a lot of fun
description

Alice in Zombieland tells the story of Alice, who goes by Ali, and her life ends up being a non-stop zombie hunt. Alice is a sixteen years old girl, pretty ordinary, except that she's not. She has a pretty regular mother, an absolutely funny and charming little sister and a "crazy" father. She's always lived with her father rules:
Never go out at night.
Never to venture into a cemetery.
And never, under any circumstances, to trust someone who wants you to do either.

But we all have our time and af
Navdha
Does the title Alice in Zombieland along with the intriguing synopsis and lovely cover has you convinced that you have to read this book?

No? Never mind.

But if your answer is ‘Yes’, then you need to ask yourself this:

Are you expecting to find a gory, engrossing, retelling of Alice in Wonderland with zombie goodness putridness?

No? Okay.
So far so good.

Are you prepared to go through the same overused insta-lust bullshit between the main characters with hardly any explanations or focus on the plot
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 COLE STARS <333

I think everybody knows Alice in Wonderland..but did you know that there is also another Alice?? With Zombies...Yes yes you heard me...there are zombies in this book...like many of them!!!But these zombies weren't what I expected and the concept was different because the hunters had to fight leaving their bodies aside and using the spirit!!It was interesting and very unique!!

description

Alice moves in with her grandparents after her parent's and sister's death.She tries to accept her new l
Kaylee Magic
Apr 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! Sweet Jesus, Ali is not your typical sit-back-and-take-it heroine -- she's wild for a girl who looks like a doll, and I SERIOUSLY LOVE THAT. Go kick some invisible zombie butt, Ali! (: ♥

-----

Alice in Zombieland is, quite frankly, not what I was expecting. It's BETTER. It ROCKS. It totally KICKED ASS, which I guess should've been expected of a Gena Showalter book incorporating zombies into my favourite childhood story. I always used to want to go to Wonderland
Sarah Elizabeth
I was obviously expecting too much from this book, because boy was I disappointed.

Alice was an okay character, I felt sorry for her because of the way she lost her whole family, and the way she blamed herself for it. It must have been really hard for her to find herself so alone, and to have to deal with the knowledge that the monsters her father raved about were actually real!

The storyline in this revolved around Alice learning to fight zombies, and it got old real quick. I got bored. I felt li
Katy
Sep 24, 2012 rated it did not like it
My Goodread friends have either really, really liked this book or really, really hated it. Now, I know why, and I have so many things to say about it - and not good ones.

First of all, I thought this book was going to be a parody of Alice in Wonderland or have some kind of parallelism or allusion to it, but the only things that lined up were a character named Alice and the mention of a white rabbit - in this book, it was the stupid clouds. So yeah, not much correlation to Alice in Wonderland.
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
I’m sure you’ve heard this before, but Alice in Zombieland has very little to do with Lewis Carroll’s classic. In fact, aside from the title itself and the white rabbit-shaped cloud that warns our Ali of danger, there’s nothing connecting the two. As someone who stays as far away from retellings as possible, I was overjoyed when I discovered this, but if you go into this expecting a new version of that story, you might find yourself disappointed.

Alice in Zombieland is, above all, a fun little bo
Mizuki
Reading Progress:

This is how I reacted to this book:

(Link: http://sammo6661deth.deviantart.com/a...)

Actually review here:

Note: I read the translated version of this book.

There is one word I think is the most suitable for this supposed Alice in Wonderland retelling, and this word is ridiculous.

(1) Calling this book an Alice-retelling is equated to lying. All of the Alice-references are so poorly done and senseless (a bunch of teenagers throwing a regular beer-and-disco-music party is equated to t
Penny
May 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one very much.

I liked the plot, the characters, the "zombies", the story, but specially, I liked the romance.

The romance is the main reason I gave it 4 stars. Usually, YA Fantasy books leave me wanting for more romance, but this one satisfied me so it gets 4 stars.
Ash
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was so fun!!!!
“Never forget that evil is evil. You cannot change it. You cannot lead it to the light. But, if you let it, evil can lead you to the darkness.”

I loved this book, surprisingly. I was really hesitant and I had actually decided to not read it some time ago, but back in August I noticed my BFF Lauren wanted to read it and I thought it would be fun to read together...WELL, we finally got to it, and I enjoyed it immensely!

The last "Alice and Wonderland" retelling I read wa
Donna {Book Passion For Life}
“Let’s see what I can do to change that, shall we? We’re going on a little adventure, you and I. When I give an order, you’ll obey it. There will be no asking politely, no matter how much you bat your lashes at me.”

Where do I start with Alice in Zombieland....well, to be honest zombies are really not my thing AT ALL! I've read several zombie books and just cant see what all the hype is about - they just don't do anything for me, but because of all the awesome reviews on this book, I wa
Brianna
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
THAT. WAS. AMAZING! *grabby hands* I NEED the 2nd book in my hands. now.
Hannah G
Jan 02, 2017 rated it liked it
The first thing I'm going to address about this book is the cover. I love the cover and it's perfect for the book. Before I go into the review I wanna say I'm not into zombie books. Nor do I like or enjoy the concepts or books that are about zombies. So throughout this book something was missing. Alice the heroine wasn't a good heroine at all in fact I really disliked her. At the beginning of this book I really hated her whole self punishment bullshit. Cole was probably the most interesting char ...more
Sarah (saz101)
Alice in Zombieland. The name alone screams Burtonesque-Resident Evil promise. Yet readers approaching Gena Showalter’s latest Young Adult offering with such hopes will find themselves disappointed. Instead, Alice in Zombieland will appeal to fans of the likes of Twilight and Vampire Diaries, those desperate for unrequited romance, dark teen angst and dangerous secrets. Leave your expectations at the door, and climb down the rabbit hole...

The Story:
Alice’s father’s always been nuts. He sees mons
Cody
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
WE’RE NOT IN WONDERLAND ANYMORE..

description

Seriously we’re not, if you’re looking for an Alice in Wonderland retelling this is not it! I’m obsessed with anything and everything Alice and the only reason for reading this book was the: ‘Alice in Zombieland’, ‘White Rabbit Chronicles’ and ‘Off with their Heads’ description the cover. All these signs clearly point to a retelling but this isn’t the case, don’t be misled. If you are looking for an Alice retelling I highly recommend A.G. Howard’s Splintered
Jessie Potts
When I first saw this cover I thought it was going to be a retelling of Alice in Wonderland with Zombies instead of villains... dang I was wrong. Showalter just used Alice Bell's Name and cute things from the wonderland books like 'curiouser and curiouser' otherwise it was a completely new and very action packed start to a brilliant series that I can't wait to dig into.

Alice's dad is crazy, certifiable. He claims there are monsters no one else can see and won't let the family go out after dark.
Karla
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Re read November 2019**
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Originally posted on A Reader of Fictions.

As soon as I heard about this book, I super wanted to get my hands on it. Zombie retelling of Alice in Wonderland? Umm, yes, please! How could that possibly go wrong? Well, it turns out, it could go wrong in a number of ways. Alice in Zombieland has a certain appeal, but not the one that I suspect most readers will be expecting when they crack its spine.

The very first thing you need to know about Alice in Zombieland: it has nothing whatsoever to do with
samantha  (books-are-my-life20)
Absolutely loved this take on zombies and Alice in Wonderland, It was fast paced and well written I was so drawn to every character! Even the underdeveloped ones I can't wait to read the next book.
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
This book was awesome!! I love Cole and Ali, especially Cole :-)

The whole group of slayers are awesome.

This has been a very different take on zombies I have ever read.

Looking forward to reading more of them!
Jasprit
Apr 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommended to Jasprit by: Sam
I think I may be in the minority of reviewers who didn’t enjoy Alice in Zombieland. With a stunning cover and alluring premise what’s not to love? I think when I read the word zombie; I should have taken that as a sign as I haven’t had much luck with zombie books except for one. But I went in with the hopes that it would provide something different and different it certainly did.

The beginning of the book I had no problems with, I found myself thrown into the mix from the get go, with several que
Carrie
Sep 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alice Bell has always thought her father was a bit crazy, never wanting the family out at night her father swore there were monsters out there that would get them. One horrible night though the family is out and gets in an accident where Ali loses her whole family and sees that her father was never crazy at all.

Now, Ali has met Cole Holland and is immediately drawn to him. Cole has his own secrets though that may prove to be dangerous. But Ali is determined that she will learn to fight and batt
Jessica
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, teen-novels
This was an incredibly fun and action packed book. Even though the title is Alice in Zombieland, it’s not really a retelling of Alice in Wonderland. There are some nods to it but nothing huge.

Overall, I really enjoyed this. It had just enough romance and action. The supporting characters were great as well. Cole is a hottie. I wasn’t expecting to be swooning over a guy in this book but I was. I also loved Kat. I loved how loyal she was.

I will definitely be picking up the rest of the series.
S.J. Abbo
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it

description

I love the author of this book very much and even if I do love her others books better, I like this one too.
And for heaters...

Wendy Higgins
LOOOOOOOOOVED IT!!!

• Splintered (Splintered, #1)
  • Unhinged (Splintered, #2)
  • Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1)
  • Ensnared (Splintered, #3)
  • Herz aus Glas
  • Justice (NOLA Zombie, #4)
  • The Lady Alchemist
  • Live (NOLA Zombie, #3)
  • Thornhill (Hemlock, #2)
  • En chemin (Promesse tenue, #1)
  • Fight (NOLA Zombie, #2)
  • Spellcaster (Spellbound, #2)
  • Defy the Dark
  • Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles, #2)
  • Starling (Starling, #1)
  • Francouzská jízda
  • Stigmata. Nichts bleibt verborgen
  • Poison Heart
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author of over seventy books, including the acclaimed Lords of the Underworld series, the Gods of War series, the White Rabbit Chronicles, and the Forest of Good and Evil series. She writes sizzling paranormal romance, heartwarming contemporary romance, and unputdownable young adult novels, and lives in Oklahoma City with her family an ...more

White Rabbit Chronicles (4 books)
  • Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles, #2)
  • The Queen of Zombie Hearts (White Rabbit Chronicles, #3)
  • A Mad Zombie Party (White Rabbit Chronicles, #4)