Start by marking “Sara's Gift: Comes the Crow” as Want to Read:
Sara's Gift: Comes the Crow

Sara's Gift: Comes the Crow (Sara's Gift #1)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  19 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews

Sara Stillsen is fourteen and has a gift for healing animals, but no one knows. She was told she would come into more power in her fifteenth summer. It's becoming more difficult to keep her gift a secret in the small ranching community where she lives. Come follow Sara as she discovers the source of this gift, while trying to keep it hidden from her family and friends, and

Published November 30th 2010 by American Book Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Sara's Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sara's Gift

Lisa
Oct 03, 2011 rated it liked it
What can I say? I LOVED this book. The author's depictions of small-town life are dead on, and the way she weaves the descriptions of rodeo into the story are excellent. Ms. Stucki interweaves two plots into one story. In one, she tells a fantasy/Native American story of Sara, a high schooler who discovers she has a gift for mystically healing animals. In the other, she offers a realistic story of a fledgling romance. Both are handled artfully. I found the use of dialogue to be exceptional. The ...more
Kathryn174
Jul 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
I think I have a cavity… and it’s all Sara’s fault. This story is well written and engaging, but seriously does this type of life exist? Happy parents, happy kids, personal exchanges all with respect and well intentioned humor. No one gets upset or angry? Friends are true.

I think this was a great debut book for our author. And I wouldn’t mind reading more. My only reservation is that the family and friend structure just doesn’t seem realistic to me.

I want to thank the author for signing my copy
Anna
Jul 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
I received this book as a giveaway. Initially I found the writing slightly jilted, but quickly became engrossed in the story. It is a story of Sara's "coming of age", not only as a normal teenager, but also in recognizing and developing her gift to heal animals. The message of love she feels for the animals she heals and cares for is powerful. She also displays that love for her family, friends and all those in her community. Along the way Sara falls in love with JD who discovers her gift of hea ...more
Ann Marie
May 30, 2011 rated it it was ok
I received this book for free via Goodreads. I'm sorry to say that I thought the book was just okay, it wasn't terrible, just okay. The idea of the book was good and the characters were very likable however I had a difficult time getting past the annoying conversations (every other sentence seemed to end in exclamation marks!!!) The characters were just a little too happy all of the time. I was aching for some type of conflict to keep the book interesting. I think if Ms. Stucki were to work more ...more
Cherie
Oct 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and loved getting to know the amall town life of a young lady. I enjoyed learning about the rodeo and all the events. Sara was a great character. Very spunky and rather mature for her young age. I also enjoyed the growing romance between her and JD. It was also fascinating to see her grow in her powers. I also enjoyed some of the secondary characters. Overall, it was a wonderful book and I am looking forward to reading the nexrr book.
Erica
Jul 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I received this book through Goodreads. This is a very sweet and innocent book, very wholesome, no drama. This is definitely a book for the young adult with a love of animals. The descriptions of the sensations Sarah gets while healing are pretty accurate. I found it a little bland and lacking in the depth of characters. But overall a good read.
Kirstin
Jul 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I enjoyed reading this book, but was disappointed with the ending. The beginning was a little difficult to get into, but I enjoyed the concept of the book a lot. I liked the characters, but in the beginning the many names were difficult to keep track of. All in all, if you like animals and YA fiction, you may like this book.
Jie Hao
May 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Great book! It's amazing how Sara could stay calm while having so much trouble. Also I'm really jalous of how she met love. I also really like the setting of the book. The ending is cool too. If I'm her, I don't think I can still smile till the end.
Kristina Franken
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book for anyone

FTC: I received a free copy of this book and was not reimbursed in any other way.
Montana
Jul 06, 2011 marked it as to-read
thanks goodreads
Carmen
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I won this book on goodreads giveaway. My daughter loved it!
Read for your future!
Nov 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-by-fhs
Carol Stucki
May 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
William
Kate
Linda Stuetz
May 08, 2011
  • Any Witch Way
  • The Power of Praying?: A 3-In-1 Collection *The Power of a Praying? Wife *The Power of a Praying? Parent *The Power of a Praying? Woman
  • Give with Gratitude: Lessons Learned Listening to West Africa
  • Andraste
  • An African Affair
  • Thieves Get Rich, Saints Get Shot (Hailey's War #2)
  • Dance of the Dandelion
  • Christmas Stories: Heartwarming Classics of Angels, a Manger, and the Birth of Hope
  • Midnight Revelations (Werelove #2)
  • Battlefield of the Mind: Winning The Battle in Your Mind - Study Guide
  • A Song in My Heart
  • A Season of Transformation
  • The Purity Principle
  • Capture (The Lunica City Duet #1)
  • Dangerous Reflections (Adventures of Alexis Davenport #1)
  • Why Tongues?
  • Dream Smashers
  • The Tongue - A Creative Force

Sara's Gift (2 books)
  • Sara's Gift : Transitions (Sara's Gift, #2)