Start by marking “Darius” as Want to Read:
Darius

Darius

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  83 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Darius was used to making a primal impression. Ex-Navy flyer, reasonably good-looking and gainfully employed in the manly profession of Alaskan bush and rescue team pilot, normally generated some interest. Since when did a woman look right through him?He'd come up with a strategy to casually insert himself in Dr. Jesse Reese's life while displaying his finest qualities. It ...more
Published (first published August 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Darius, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darius

Netanella
This book had so much potential for me, but it felt flat like pita bread. I couldn't connect with either Darius (by the way, the name is Persian, not Roman) or Jesse and didn't really care about them. The Alaskan setting was great, but the author spent more time on a mysterious Native folkstory that didn't even pan out. This is the second Faulkner book I've read, and both have failed to pull me in.
Dianne
Dec 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Darius really likes the feisty and rather sexy Dr. Jesse. And even though he has been piloting her out to a cabin for vacations for a while, she has a bit of a blind eye towards him. So one day while at his Aunts he picks up one of the romance novels she is always devouring and he reads some of them. While he is reading he gets this rather grand idea that these books had been created as seduction manuals for men! Step-by-step instructions!

So the next time he needs to ferry the good Doctor out to
Jessica Gomez
I originally liked Jesse's the female leads character. She is feisty and independent. Two traits that I happen to love in female leads. She is also in my opinion a sexual submissive. Darius well he is a dominant. He is a native indian American so that's what I expected. I really liked that he planned and carried out an elaborate scheme just to get her to see him more clearly as a male. To let her see him as a desirable male. To get her to see him as a potential mate. But I had issues in him call ...more
Micheale
Jan 24, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
For me this would have been a GREAT read if it had more substance. I know, this is from an author known for erotic writing and the book does have that.
I liked the both main characters, the setting and the Native legend going on in the background.
The fact that the hero actually laid out what he wanted from the love interest AND she was mature enough to understand it was great for me as well.
Where I think it fizzled out for me was the last quarter of the book. I think that could have been writte
Imjstgr8
I liked this book.. I really did.. However what stopped me from "really"liking it (i.e. 4 stars) was the ending (mainly) as well as there were some parts that seemed to be jumbled together and took me a minute to figure out what was going on. However besides those 2 things, I LOVED the way Darius was upfront about what he wanted and Jesse was mature enough to accept it. The slight BDSM twist was okay and I thought the book was very sensuous. But the end.. That needs a little work..
Mitabird
Mar 02, 2012
Brittany
Oct 28, 2013
Gail Faulkner
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Danielle
Jan 30, 2011
Rhonda
Nov 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Gail Faulkner (forever 38) was born in a frustrated reader's mind. She adores men who know what they want and intend to get it.

One thing she is sure of is, Erotic is the new Sexy and that is excellent news. Slipping on a little black dress is fun, having it ripped off, even better. Okay, maybe we can get him to just take it off but that might be tricky.

Most of all, she loves sharing her daydreams