Start by marking “Healing Our Violence through the Journey of Centering Prayer” as Want to Read:
Healing Our Violence through the Journey of Centering Prayer

Healing Our Violence through the Journey of Centering Prayer

Two internationally known spiritual guides explore integrating our inner and outer journeys. They challenge us to confront our inner and social violence and bring it to healing and transformation in a sacred and ecumenical context.

In a spiritually stimulating weekend, Rohr and Keating each gave insights on awakening to God's friendship, coming to know God and ourselves, g
Audio CD
Published November 13th 2002 by St. Anthony Messenger Press (first published January 1st 2000)

Be the first to ask a question about Healing Our Violence through the Journey of Centering Prayer

Start your review of Healing Our Violence through the Journey of Centering Prayer
Maggie
Apr 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
excellent. repeatedly worth listening to. it takes time to take in all of the pearls of wisdom in this cd collection from two smart (rcc) presenters.
Judy
May 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Enlightening and challenging. A worthwhile trip into hope.
Jackie St Hilaire
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No sugar coating our path to transformation.

Healing happens first within you. One cannot go out and be a source of healing to another unless one first looks within. Only then can our true self surface.

Richard Rohr and Thomas Keating help us name our demons. The only problem is as Christians we pretty much believe that we don't have any demons and that fact in itself is demonic.

The next demon is believing that you have conquered them and you are on your way to transformation. But, in reality one
Dave Barnett
Aug 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Series of four lectures from each of the authors. OK, but not as good as I expected.
Geino Äotsch
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was not at all what I expected. It was more like a conference or a sermon. A few highlights to consider... reconnecting with being, immorality is a great gateway to holiness, we come to God not by doing it right but by doing it wrong, interrupt your psychological awareness by closing your eyes. There are several different people speaking on the perspective of healing the violence from within and on finding this through a closeness with God. One of my most favorite points made was that ...more
Tracy Haidar
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I've been reading Rohr's books and listening to his lectures for years. His teachings, explanations, conclusions, etc... have utterly transformed my understanding of the God, Christianity, the purpose of our lives, and the twists and turns of the spiritual journey.

I read Fr. Keating's "Open Heart Open Mind" years ago and was blown away. I still revisit this book from time to time. Every time I do I come away with new gold nuggets. I had never heard Fr. Keating speak before. His teachi
Steve Lee Sr
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
I always enjoy listening to Father Rohr and Father Keating. Their teaching has always served me well, even though I'm not Roman Catholic. These messages are probably more timely today than when I first listened to them 10 years ago. ...more
Craig Bergland
An outstanding exploration of contemplative prayer and the heart of all traditions!
Elora Ramirez
Sandra
May 06, 2021
Marion Keller
Mar 31, 2012

• Boundaries for Your Soul: How to Turn Your Overwhelming Thoughts and Feelings into Your Greatest Allies
  • The Wisdom of the Enneagram: The Complete Guide to Psychological and Spiritual Growth for the Nine Personality Types
  • The Cross and the Lynching Tree
  • The Science of Rapid Skill Acquisition: Advanced Methods to Learn, Remember, and Master New Skills, Information, and Abilities
  • Let Your Life Speak: Listening for the Voice of Vocation
  • The Undiscovered Self/Symbols and the Interpretation of Dreams
  • Thought as a System
  • Finding Quiet: My Story of Overcoming Anxiety and the Practices that Brought Peace
  • Silence: The Power of Quiet in a World Full of Noise
  • How To Market A Book
  • When Narcissism Comes to Church: Healing Your Community from Emotional and Spiritual Abuse
  • Living Peace: A Spirituality of Contemplation and Action
  • The King Jesus Gospel: The Original Good News Revisited
  • The Sacred Enneagram: Finding Your Unique Path to Spiritual Growth
  • Wabi Sabi: Japanese Wisdom for a Perfectly Imperfect Life
  • The Contemplative Journey: Volume 1
  • What Is the Bible?: How an Ancient Library of Poems, Letters, and Stories Can Transform the Way You Think and Feel About Everything
  • The Book of Job, KJV (Bible)
Fr. Richard Rohr is a globally recognized ecumenical teacher bearing witness to the universal awakening within Christian mysticism and the Perennial Tradition. He is a Franciscan priest of the New Mexico Province and founder of the Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Fr. Richard's teaching is grounded in the Franciscan alternative orthodoxy—practices of contemplat ...more