Start by marking “Sasameki Koto, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Sasameki Koto, Vol. 1

Sasameki Koto, Vol. 1

(Sasameki Koto #1)

Whispered Words is the story of two high school girls, Sumika and Ushio. One is in love with the other, but unable to confess. Both of them prefer girls, but Ushio likes cute and petite types while Sumika prefers the athletic outgoing girls. To complicate things, a cross dressing boy, Masaki, is in love with Sumika. What ever will happen to this mixed-up bizarre love trian ...more
Published 2007 by Media Factory

To ask other readers questions about Sasameki Koto, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sasameki Koto, Vol. 1

E.
"My love is a flower on a solitary island"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Buddy read with May <3

4,5 *

Murasame Sumika is in love with her best friend Kazama Ushio. The problem is - Ushio likes cute girls and Sumika is considered the polar opposite of cute. Which leaves Sumika watching Ushio's attempts at chasing said cute girls. This sounds like a sad dramatic story, right?? WRONG!!

This story is stright up hilarious!! It has some more serious moments which make you root for Sumika even more, of course but it's mostly ligh
More Bedside Books
Remaining a wonderful comic ten years on Whispered Words is a sweet, tender title about the lives and relationship of two high school girls, first as friends and then coming to realize maybe their feelings are more. The nine volume series by Takashi Ikeda was collected into three omnibuses by North American publisher One Peace Books in 2014 and 2015. Anyone publishing girls’ love or yuri comics overseas is sure to attract my attention.

It’s such a good comic to publish. Over the course of 53 cha
Zerataizumi
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I started to read it by chance for a random recomendation of my girlfriend.
I consumed all the books in 5 days or so...
I love the way the story is shown. How all flow in a very smooth way where the story drives you in a very romantic, kind and innoscent love that is soo rare but refreshing now a days.
Where the main idea is show a perfect balance between Friendship and Romance.
You end up love every character of this story and forgive them everything.
This story really is recommended for everyon
Rachel
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Gr 9 Up- Best friends Sumika and Ushio have hidden feelings for each other, and because neither wishes to risk their bond, a rift forms between them. At first, Ushio is oblivious to her heart's desire, and Sumika is unwilling to reveal her own, but with new friends complicating their daily lives, they are forced to re-evaluate themselves. Gradually their revelations, coupled with genuine bonding moments, bring them much closer. Character forms morph frequently to visually match the tone of the s ...more
L. Luck
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first half was a bit of a struggle with a lot of cliches (some really bad ones, too) and characters who were important for one plot arc and then never really seen again. The second half started focusing more on relationship development and really strengthened the story.

3.5☆
Olivia
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
At times, Whispered Words was funny and cute and felt like it wasn't just fluff. But for the most part... it was fluff. I'm not saying fluff is a bad thing, not at all. Fluff is great. But to me, this was... empty fluff. Add to that some implied trans-misogyny and a plot based solely on the relationship... Well, it wasn't really the best LGBT story for me.

I think it'd be great for someone who really wants a fun, quick fluffy read with lots of emotions aimed at cisgendered audiences.
Mehsi
I saw the anime many years ago when it first aired. Ever since then I have wanted to check out the manga, especially since that one goes further than the anime, and I really wanted to know how it continues.

Sumika is in love with her best friend Kazama (even though she disses girl love at a daily basis) , sadly Kazama doesn't see Sumika as that (she falls for more cute girls), will Sumika get together with Kazama?

The manga art style is really cute and I love it.

And of course, I am soooo happy to
Bonn Karla
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Heartbreaking but at the same time there are hilarious scenes.
Gonna continue with this. And planning to watch the anime as well.
Ella
This now has an English release, apparently. Must read.
Hannah
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Girl Friends [ガールフレンズ], Volume 1
  • Maka-Maka Vol 1: Sex, Life, and Communication
  • Kashimashi Vol 1
  • Strawberry Panic, Vol. 01 (Strawberry Panic, #1)
  • Venus Versus Virus Vol 1
  • Cromartie High School, Vol. 01
  • Love My Life
  • First Love Sisters Vol 1
  • 宇宙兄弟 1 [Uchuu Kyoudai 1] (Space Brothers, #1)
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Adolescence of Utena
  • Strawberry 100% 1 (Strawberry, #1)
  • Strawberry Marshmallow, Volume 1 (v. 1)
  • ヨコハマ買い出し紀行 1
  • Prism
  • やがて君になる 1 (Yagate Kimi ni Naru, #1)

Sasameki Koto (8 books)