Start by marking “An Illusion Of Hell (Trilogy of the Void #2)” as Want to Read:
An Illusion Of Hell (Trilogy of the Void #2)

An Illusion Of Hell

(Trilogy of the Void #2)

The Demon is back...and Will Jern, the man who banished it eight years ago is called upon again, to pit himself against the fiend.
With the lives of five children at stake, and time running out to save them, Will must find Luke, the man responsible for bringing the demon back, all the while battling a foe that is quite beyond him, not the demon, but his own sister.
Published (first published May 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about An Illusion Of Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Illusion Of Hell

Start your review of An Illusion Of Hell (Trilogy of the Void #2)
Peter Meredith
May 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Once again reviewing my own book on GoodReads. This was fun to write, since I got to make one of my favorite characters a bad ass.
Loren
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An interesting book. Since it comes eight years after the first it almost doesn't feel like a sequal. In fact, other than Will and Talitha( who is almost not in the first book) you don't find many of the original characters from book one. Still the two carry the story fighting it out in the ultimate of sibling rivalry.
Tina Albertson
Horror genre is not something I typically read, however since I really enjoyed the authors other series I thought I would give this a go ahead. What a breath of fresh air this was from my usual zombie and dystopian books. The characters and story kept me engaged, so much so that I had this book read in 2 days. I'm looking forward to future work from Peter Meredith.
Veronik Durocher
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

That one is better than the first, so if you liked the part one, you'll love the second pat, so,do not hesitate! Pick that and have fun!
Leah
Jul 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I wish I had read this sooner. I borrowed this from my sister after reading the first and I have to say Wow! This is a much darker book than the first, and it is chock full of good vs bad and good vs badder. Talitha is one of the best characters I have read in ages. You hate her and love her, depending on where her mind is so to speak(no spoilers!)The story picks up after eight years in which Talitha is all but insane, switching between personalities, going from her old sweet intellectual self ...more
Karl  Rundel
Jul 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very good job, Peter. There were parts of this book that just left me stunned, ie Sister Mary in the storage rooms beneath the church, and pretty much every scene with Talitha.
This second book in the trilogy of the Void focuses on the Talitha and Will Jern and how they cope with Talitha's return from hell. It is is an interesting take and one I wasn't expecting, though in retrospect I should have. Talitha comes back about as evil as a person can be. Or part of her is evil while another part is
Jessica George
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Part 2 of this amazing trilogy

This book took me a few days longer to get through than book one- not because it wasn't every bit as interesting as the first, but because it was a lot darker and more morbid than book one! However, I believe it was necessary to get the demons and imagery to actually come across as truly evil as it was meant to. Great characters you really feel for, and the ending left me needing to find out what happens next to the Jern family and their friends. I definitely
Anne
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A heavy, hard, sad, adventurous book. Peter Meredith goes deep into the heart of Hell to flesh out this second book. It's not for the weak. He takes a look at the over-powering selfishness of evil and draws you in with a wonderful story. And as always he weaves an ending that keeps right there to the last page.
Teresa Thornton
Mar 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Better action than vol. 1!

I like this one better than Vol. 1. Awesome action. Great descriptions provided haunting illustrations. Could use improved editing in grammar a missing words.
Donna King
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rate the book!

I have really enjoyed this series of books. This family so brave and courageous. Mr. Meredith is a fantastic writer. Can't wait to start the next one.
Carol
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is funny. I actually bought this book because of the cover. Thankfully the series turned out to be good.
Tracy
Apr 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
Hmmmm. Some good ideas but badly in need of editing. Also scary does not = gory or graphic. Could have done without the descriptions of the children in the middle .
Dokoohyar Ahmadipour
Debi Ash
Apr 30, 2016
Richard Derus
Jun 16, 2012

• Dark Angel (Casteel, #2)
  • Web of Dreams (Casteel, #5)
  • Fallen Hearts
  • Don't Scream 2: 30 More Tales to Terrify
  • Final Stand: Last Ditch
  • Red at the Bone
  • Last Stand
  • Short Horror Stories Vol. 1 (Supernatural Suspense Collection, #1)
  • Short Horror Stories Vol. 2 (Supernatural Suspense Collection, #2)
  • Suicide Forest (World's Scariest Places #1)
  • Short Horror Stories Vol. 3 (Supernatural Suspense Collection, #3)
  • Short Horror Stories Vol. 4 (Supernatural Suspense Collection, #4)
  • The Girl with No Face (The Daoshi Chronicles #2)
  • Short Horror Stories Vol. 5 (Supernatural Suspense Collection, #5)
Peter Meredith is the multi-genre author of an author of 35 novels in a variety of genres: Horror, zombies, post-apocalypse and Fantasy. Some of his creative work includes The Trilogy of Void, The Hidden Lands series, The Sacrificial Daughter, A Perfect America, Sprite and The Apocalypse Undead World.
Having tried his hand in real estate, as an emergency room nurse, and a CEO of a national lighting

Trilogy of the Void (3 books)
  • The Horror Of The Shade (Trilogy of the Void #1)
  • Hell Blade (Trilogy of the Void #3)