Start by marking “Children of the Flower Power” as Want to Read:
Children of the Flower Power

Children of the Flower Power

When 15 year old New Yorker, Sally Williams, gets stuck for the summer on her grandparents (Wesley Morris, Jennifer Kapshaw) old hippy commune in Beddington, Maine, she had no idea that her life would turn upside down. Things get a bit interesting however, when she meets local town hunk, Josh Terwilliger and then decides to throw her hippy grandparents a surprise 4th of Ju ...more
Published April 20th 2011 by Carroll Bryant

Ade
Aug 13, 2012 added it
Shelves: books-i-own, meh
My best friend gave me this book, but sadly I didn't particularly like it. It wasn't necessarily bad, but it wasn't for me. Who knows, maybe if I re-read it, I'll like it.

EDIT: I won't change my rating, because I don't do stuff like that unless I have a legitimate reason to hate the book, but I will say that the author said something racist to me, so... yea.
Tusora
Jun 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
I bought this cute indie book through my Kindle. The writing was structured in a way that made it hard to read; it didn't flow. At some points the writing is pretty sloppy. I did like the overall theme and ideas, but the way they were presented was less than santisfactory. The tone of the book came off as preachy, which really turned me off. I did finish the book. Overall I wouldn't be able recommend this book to anyone. :(
Teresa
another internet author meltdown
Nasty Lady MJ
Jul 21, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: based-on-sample
The character creeps me out in the sample. Therefore, I am not buying it. The syntax is also weird.
Elvia
Jun 04, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction
I'm leaving my original review however after reading the tweets from this author I'm changing my rating. I'm appalled at his comments.
-----
I loved the story. The ONLY issue I had with this book was the grammatical errors...commas, semi-colons, etcetera, where they shouldn't be. It threw me off enough to almost want to stop. I had to keep telling myself to ignore it so I could read into the story itself.

I did fall in love with the characters. They kept me involved. :)
Cici
Aug 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
What can I possibly say about this book? It was awesome. Normally I don't say that about a hippie book, but I have to admit it exceeding my expectations... Though I still wish there was some zombie violence or a murderer on the lose... And the covers a little cheery... But, all of that put aside it was great.

Carz, you did a good job with this book. :] (Next time put a murderer on the lose!!!)
Meg
Nov 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
Was going to read this, then I found this tweet by the author and have decided this doesn't belong on anyone's bookshelf. "I'd rather have a pedophile in office rather than a democrat any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Pedophiles only screw kids while democrats screw everyone."
Veronika Kaufmann
Nov 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
I didn’t read this book. I would just like to point out that the author endorses pedophiles which I find disturbing. “A pedophile only screws kids. Democrats screw everyone.” A tweet by the author. Judge for yourself.
Mary Brown
Nov 10, 2017 is currently reading it
This man writes young adult books but had this to say on Twitter when a Republican candidate was accused of being a pedophile, I quote “I’d rather have a pedophile in office rather than a democrat any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Pedophiles only screw kids while Democrats screw everyone.”
Anyone who supports children would never put these words on paper, let alone on-line.
SLA
Dec 03, 2017 rated it did not like it
Nope. Not after what the author said about pedophilia. Seriously, WTF were you thinking?
Brandi
Nov 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
I'd give it a zero if that was an option.
Natshane
Jun 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Take a chance on life.

Children of the Flower Power in an amazingly written book that you would want to curl up with if you're seeking for a funny, adventurous, unique night. Maybe I'm understating things, Children of the Flower Power had definitely changed my perceptions in so many things! It's just that, I never had so much fun reading than I did with this. This book covers from love to friendship, to life and family, and maybe a bit of stubborness.

I want to join the Children of the Flower Powe
Sharon Atkinson
Feb 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read. You become the characters and feel their laughter and loving. It is beautifully written and captures you, the moment you start to read it. It is a book that can not be put down becuase you too are or the journey that the Children of the Flower Power take. A story of love and finding yourself and making dreams come true.
Altairdroke♥82
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It plot story is amazing, and characters is great, i enjoyed this book
Kaitlin
I think I'm bias in a way because the only reason I read this book was because it had a lot 1960s referces and I love the 60's or the late 1960s
Phil
Oct 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Thanks Carrol So much for letting me read this, it was truly amazing, check out my review on my youtube channel
Eric
Jan 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-star-books
Sort of liked it, preety good
Jennifer Jacobs
Nov 10, 2017
Julia Anderson
Sep 05, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• When Destiny Knocks (Destiny Saga, #1)
  • Tats
  • The Gunfighter and the Gear-Head (The Raven Ladies, #1)
  • The Raie'Chaelia (Legend of the Raie'Chaelia, #1)
  • Learning To Love
  • Dance Of The Goblins (The Goblin, #1)
  • League of Strays
  • The Secret of Castle Cant: Being an Account of the Remarkable Adventures of Lucy Wickwright, Maidservant and Spy
  • The Sword and the Dragon (The Wardstone Trilogy, #1)
  • The World Rose
  • Adela Arthur and the Creator's Clock (The Chronicles of A, #1)
  • Jacob Wonderbar and the Cosmic Space Kapow
  • My Name is Dee
  • NOT A BOOK: For the Summer
  • Revealing Eden (Save the Pearls, #1)
  • The Reckless Engineer
  • The Necro Device
  • Blood Web (Caitlin Diggs, #1)
“If they're not going to respect you, then they best damn well fear you.” 29 likes
“The reason time is always running out is because it has nothing else better to do.” 21 likes